Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

Really enjoyed that and found it quite emotional - felt for the god mother, after the loss of her husband, but they did a fab job tonight. Our Gary was really good too 🙂

Bet they all need a brandy to warm up now !

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Really enjoyed that and found it quite emotional - felt for the god mother, after the loss of her husband, but they did a fab job tonight. Our Gary was really good too 🙂

Bet they all need a brandy to warm up now !

She looked frozen through poor lady

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was trying to find my union jack flags from the Great British Sailaway and couldn't find them so used the necklace things they give you on Caribbean night and were waving those ..... 😉

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since when have they used cider to launch ships instead of the traditional champagne ?

I felt sorry for Jo Wiley and the godmother, they must have been freezing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

We enjoyed it. 

Not sure what I expected, no fireworks, no ship tour... 

Still sung Along though 

Andy 

We enjoyed it too. I thought I’d read there would be fireworks?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

We enjoyed it. 

Not sure what I expected, no fireworks, no ship tour... 

Still sung Along though 

Andy 

Probably couldn't have fireworks incase it gathered a crowd ???

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Probably couldn't have fireworks incase it gathered a crowd ???

Yes, I suppose so. 

Shame though, we would see them from our garden... 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Cider not Champagne??? 

We're not in the EU any more so probably can't 🙂 🙂 🙂 

 

(Joke if anyone takes offense)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Presto2 said:

Did anyone else have a tear ? Or is it just me being soppy ?

 


I didn’t but I did when she came in this morning tooting her horn!

My friend and I were messaging each other as we watched it, she said she felt tearful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Yes, I suppose so. 

Shame though, we would see them from our garden... 

Andy 

There you go again bragging ------ how we have missed our Southampton friend 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We enjoyed it too. I thought I’d read there would be fireworks?

I had read there was to be a light show.  Perhaps that was during Gary's performance.  Must admit, expecting better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, P&O SUE said:


I didn’t but I did when she came in this morning tooting her horn!

My friend and I were messaging each other as we watched it, she said she felt tearful.

I think it is what it symbolises after such an horrific year for cruises and the travel industry / hospitality ... well and everything else. A bit of good news in the midst of the constant gloom and doom.

 

Had to smile when they showed the ship and crew had torches on the front - am sure one was signalling to his family ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tring said:

I had read there was to be a light show.  Perhaps that was during Gary's performance.  Must admit, expecting better.

It was nice to look at the count and see over 18,000 people had joined - was expecting a bit more but not a lot they can do really. I bet they were glad it was a short ceremony as it looked perishing cold

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...