Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

Morning kalos

We had a lot of summer fog earlier (quite nice, as it allows snuggling in and sleeping beyond sunrise at 5am) but that’s burnt off now and temperatures are rising

Met with my sister for lunch yesterday.  We met at a hostelry about 50 minutes drive from us.  It felt like going to the other side of the world!  We met them there last summer when restrictions were lifted but other than that haven’t done more than 15 local miles since last March.  And the car service still cost £££s recently!

A back to same old, same old, quiet day today.  Walk shortly, in case it gets too hot for the dog later.  I’m going to try this simple Nigella recipe today.  Looks very simple and very nice - I’ll report back

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/pasta-risotto-with-peas-and-pancetta

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kalos said:

 

Not me Jean I had a right good education 

 

Eggs come from supermarkets or corner shops and cheese is made of the moon .:classic_unsure:

And the caveman who went swimming . I wonder if you can eat that?. I think I will name it Lobster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have just received an email from Cunard cancelling our Sydney to Dubai World Cruise leg next March, we guessed that this would be the case and were probably going to transfer to one in the next brochure release anyway. Being offered the standard 125% FCC or 100% refund.

 

Our forecasts are showing that due to the number of affected international ports of call, and when restrictions in each will be lifted, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to deliver a Cunard World Voyage experience. Therefore, we have made the decision to cancel the 2022 World Voyages on both Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria. As a result of this decision, we are sorry to advise that your voyage has been cancelled. We understand you would have been excited to sail this itinerary with us and we are sorry for the disappointment this may cause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We have just received an email from Cunard cancelling our Sydney to Dubai World Cruise leg next March, we guessed that this would be the case and were probably going to transfer to one in the next brochure release anyway. Being offered the standard 125% FCC or 100% refund.

 

Our forecasts are showing that due to the number of affected international ports of call, and when restrictions in each will be lifted, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to deliver a Cunard World Voyage experience. Therefore, we have made the decision to cancel the 2022 World Voyages on both Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria. As a result of this decision, we are sorry to advise that your voyage has been cancelled. We understand you would have been excited to sail this itinerary with us and we are sorry for the disappointment this may cause.

 

Also info about Queen Victoria not sailing until April 2022!!

 

Due to this, and the practicalities involved in returning the full Cunard fleet to service, we have taken the decision to cancel Queen Victoria's current scheduled 2021 voyages and a number of her voyages in 2022, including her World Voyage. Queen Victoria will remain out of service until late April 2022. We are therefore sorry to advise that your voyage has been cancelled.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

 

Also info about Queen Victoria not sailing until April 2022!!

 

Due to this, and the practicalities involved in returning the full Cunard fleet to service, we have taken the decision to cancel Queen Victoria's current scheduled 2021 voyages and a number of her voyages in 2022, including her World Voyage. Queen Victoria will remain out of service until late April 2022. We are therefore sorry to advise that your voyage has been cancelled.

 

 

Sorry to hear this.

Understandable if a lot of ports might not be open but worrying if cruises are cancelled up to April 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We have just received an email from Cunard cancelling our Sydney to Dubai World Cruise leg next March, we guessed that this would be the case and were probably going to transfer to one in the next brochure release anyway. Being offered the standard 125% FCC or 100% refund.

 

Our forecasts are showing that due to the number of affected international ports of call, and when restrictions in each will be lifted, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to deliver a Cunard World Voyage experience. Therefore, we have made the decision to cancel the 2022 World Voyages on both Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria. As a result of this decision, we are sorry to advise that your voyage has been cancelled. We understand you would have been excited to sail this itinerary with us and we are sorry for the disappointment this may cause.

That’s a shame and unfortunately I really don’t think  will be the last lot to be cancelled.

 

Everything is tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

 

Also info about Queen Victoria not sailing until April 2022!!

 

Due to this, and the practicalities involved in returning the full Cunard fleet to service, we have taken the decision to cancel Queen Victoria's current scheduled 2021 voyages and a number of her voyages in 2022, including her World Voyage. Queen Victoria will remain out of service until late April 2022. We are therefore sorry to advise that your voyage has been cancelled.

 

 

 

Sorry I know that this is a P&O topic but similar may happen with some of their schedules.

 

 

More info for alternative cruise schedule:

 

For QM2

In place of her World Voyage, Queen Mary 2 will instead sail a series of three roundtrip voyages from Southampton to the Caribbean – one will sail via the Canary Islands and two will sail via New York - as well as three short cruise breaks. These voyages will be available to book in July.

Queen Mary 2’s published schedule of Transatlantic Crossings and Caribbean sailings on or after 14 November 2021 are to go ahead as planned.

 

 

For Queen Victoria

Instead, she will continue to sail a little closer to the UK, including voyages to the Iberian Coast and the Canary Islands. She will also be taking over some of Queen Victoria’s planned itineraries. These voyages will be available to book in July.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

 

Also info about Queen Victoria not sailing until April 2022!!

 

Due to this, and the practicalities involved in returning the full Cunard fleet to service, we have taken the decision to cancel Queen Victoria's current scheduled 2021 voyages and a number of her voyages in 2022, including her World Voyage. Queen Victoria will remain out of service until late April 2022. We are therefore sorry to advise that your voyage has been cancelled.

 

 

I was booked on QV’s sailing to Venice due to depart 1st October, so that cruise has now been cancelled.

 

Last October when the summer 2022 schedules came out I moved the cruise, as even back then I didn’t think there’d be much chance of it sailing. I moved it to the QV British Isles cruise due to sail on 24th (I think) May 2022. So this now ends up being one of QV’s first scheduled cruises! 
 

Very mixed feelings about today’s news. Overall, I’m pleased we moved the cruise, as I haven’t had to worry about it since last October, but there’s part of me that wishes we’d kept the cruise, as we would now have been able to get a refund of our deposit, which at 15% is a four figure sum.

 

We originally moved to the British Isles cruise as we thought it had a good chance of sailing, but if things are still ropey next year, then I’d question whether they’d get QV out of hibernation.

 

It’s awful for the cruise companies, and passengers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not great news from Cunard 😕. Sorry for anyone affected 

 

Great drama at the pub, where a baby robin fell from its nest in the ivy and was trapped behind the panelling.   Two bar staff rescued it eventually and popped it back.  Mother swiftly returned to the nest to check all was well

 … we just waited patiently to be served.  Robins come first! 
 

 

C4AD61CE-9D6F-46A5-87D8-1017BB18BBDB.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,just back from a lovely 2 days in Cliftonville and Broadstairs area.Had a lovely lunch in our friends garden and got sunburnt.Checked in our unique hotel after.20210615_171716.thumb.jpg.c82b44378defe3b469e628edaef02b68.jpg20210615_153824.thumb.jpg.8af0d55f96e7660f303f5e272b701049.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ithink this was an early Dyson individual room aircon.I think it cost 1200 quid a room.Oops I forgot to put the dot in 12.00 quid.20210615_155335.thumb.jpg.984ee7d86a513dcabeb69468f6682ae1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t it wonderful to do normal or near-normal?

If we need to stay like this through summer to beat this thing down, and let the kids start a normal school year in September, then so be it, as far as I am concerned

Not easy, not straightforward, but please, please, please don’t let us all be ‘confined to barracks’ again during the short, dark days of winter

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,just back from a lovely 2 days in Cliftonville and Broadstairs area.Had a lovely lunch in our friends garden and got sunburnt.Checked in our unique hotel after.20210615_171716.thumb.jpg.c82b44378defe3b469e628edaef02b68.jpg20210615_153824.thumb.jpg.8af0d55f96e7660f303f5e272b701049.jpg

Glad you had a good time. 
 

we were in the area today, walking from Birchington to Margate.

 

it was hot, but the sea breeze helped

EAD8BCE4-4C1A-4D96-8305-FA33D4BF9E51.jpeg

7051388A-D53F-4063-8CE4-9DBF7FED72BC.jpeg

0F77EBD1-DE96-4FC6-9B1A-D7F0D45AFA82.jpeg

EFB7EC75-22D2-4855-8F7A-9CAE7E0E7320.jpeg

608637F9-D901-43C6-BA0B-D32D97DB4DB4.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Glad you had a good time. 
 

we were in the area today, walking from Birchington to Margate.

 

it was hot, but the sea breeze helped

EAD8BCE4-4C1A-4D96-8305-FA33D4BF9E51.jpeg

7051388A-D53F-4063-8CE4-9DBF7FED72BC.jpeg

0F77EBD1-DE96-4FC6-9B1A-D7F0D45AFA82.jpeg

EFB7EC75-22D2-4855-8F7A-9CAE7E0E7320.jpeg

608637F9-D901-43C6-BA0B-D32D97DB4DB4.jpeg

Lovely area,I was out at 6 this morning doing my 4 mile walk on the promenade towards Broadstairs.Everywhere is busy now,makes you wonder that these travel restrictions are a bit OTT to attract staycations for the economy.Cheers,Brian.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s big enough to last to the weekend though!

 

Just to report back that Nigella’s recipe was very good.  15 minutes from starting cooking to serving.  Will be doing it again.  Maybe try a version with garlicky mushrooms instead of pancetta?  We’ll see

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good morning all.  Couldn't resist sharing a wonderful headline from one of this morning's quality newspapers. Can't imagine what it's all about:

 

'Hopeless bloke said hopeless bloke is hopeless says hopeless bloke'

 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-57506466

Maybe  there's hope for them yet :classic_wink:  Morning Harry. Hope your well :classic_smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all, hope your all OK  Mr Blue sky isn't living here today , just a gentle

rainfall up to yet , freshens things up a little I suppose ,good while it lasted.

We had a nice sunny day yesterday and an eventful day  yesterday cutting back 
the brambleberry's at the top of our garden I managed to cut the power cord to the 
hedge  trimmers so that's a repair job for me later in the week. Had a nice lunch 
sat in the garden .We were happy ,the birds were happy hopping about where we 
had just been working .That was until Mr Sparrow hawk dropped in for his lunch too.:classic_ohmy:
Poor little thing didn't know what hit it thankfully. He just looked at us for an odd 
second and left us to our lunch as he flew away with his . Once calm was restored
I went in the kitchen to get some bread for the birds I accidentally knocked over 
a bottle of fabric softener .I'm hoping they'll still appreciate a few crumbs of Comfort. 
We may even have a run out to our local Garden centre sometime this week , it's 
ages since we last went . Very rare we buy anything ,I just like looking for any 
bargains to be had. Last time we were there they were doing a buy one, get one free
 on bags of manure.... Now that's an offer not to be sniffed at.:classic_unsure:

Have a good day and remember to stay safe :classic_love:

 


 

Edited by kalos
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good morning all.  Couldn't resist sharing a wonderful headline from one of this morning's quality newspapers. Can't imagine what it's all about:

 

'Hopeless bloke said hopeless bloke is hopeless says hopeless bloke'

 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-57506466

I thought the phrase was fudging hopeless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all.

I have 9 days off of childcare ahead of me, lots of jobs to get done but browsing on-line wins 😊

 

Hubby and I are off to the Isle of Wight next week for a few nights, due to go from Portsmouth, but we got a text from Wight Link yesterday to say our 3:40pm sailing had been moved to 11:40pm due to one of the ferries being out of service. We went on to their website so see if there was anything better timewise, website kept crashing and phones were constantly engaged so we ended up booking Red Funnel from Southampton instead and emailing Wight Link asking for a refund. We should see Iona and Britannia in Southampton. 

 

It's raining here which is quite nice after the hot weather, the garden needs it.

 

Have a good day everyone.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s big enough to last to the weekend though!

 

Just to report back that Nigella’s recipe was very good.  15 minutes from starting cooking to serving.  Will be doing it again.  Maybe try a version with garlicky mushrooms instead of pancetta?  We’ll see

I'm not a lover of pancetta,in Italy it's 99% fat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...