Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Is this the new strain Brian?

Don't worry it wont spread it's the lazy strain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Clear as mud, buy I'd hazard a guess as - DC said MC was called a hopeless bloke by BJ🤔

Avril

Well sis,seems like we've got no hope and Bob Hope,bro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Well sis,seems like we've got no hope and Bob Hope,bro.

I still can't figure out who MC is. I thought he was a rap artist. Oh well!!🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zap99 said:

I still can't figure out who MC is. I thought he was a rap artist. Oh well!!🤣

He'll probably take the rap though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I still can't figure out who MC is. I thought he was a rap artist. Oh well!!🤣

Typo I think  - MC should read MH.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all, another couple of busy days here. It’s been so uncomfortably hot here last few days but strangely I’m sleeping ok! I can’t decide if it’s my heart medication or my hay fever tablets ( bad for me too this week.)

Yesterday was the hottest day of the year. John was on his rota day off and of course being Wednesday we had Joshua. I was thankful for the air conditioned car rather than the bus! We took him to Minster first thing which is a pebble beach but he loved throwing the scenes into the water. We only stayed about an hour as there was no breeze at all!! So hot. Looking after a two year old in that heat was very draining. We were asked to bring him back and stay for dinner which was lovely but hot!! I read him a story and he took himself off to bed, we were all waiting to see him come back out as it was about half an hour earlier than normal. After 20 minutes we thought oh well he’s obviously gone to sleep and went home! So we were with him from about 9am to 6.30pm Phew!

Today I found out he slept right through, his room gets very warm and they said he hadn’t slept well for days! Good old nanny and grandad 😁 I’m not sure who was more worn out yesterday, me , John or Joshua 😁

 

Then today my sister and BiL came up from Worthing for lunch with my mum and dad ( I was working til 1pm) then came over to us for a couple of hours so that was lovely. I hadn’t seen her for over a year! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Evening all, another couple of busy days here. It’s been so uncomfortably hot here last few days but strangely I’m sleeping ok! I can’t decide if it’s my heart medication or my hay fever tablets ( bad for me too this week.)

Yesterday was the hottest day of the year. John was on his rota day off and of course being Wednesday we had Joshua. I was thankful for the air conditioned car rather than the bus! We took him to Minster first thing which is a pebble beach but he loved throwing the scenes into the water. We only stayed about an hour as there was no breeze at all!! So hot. Looking after a two year old in that heat was very draining. We were asked to bring him back and stay for dinner which was lovely but hot!! I read him a story and he took himself off to bed, we were all waiting to see him come back out as it was about half an hour earlier than normal. After 20 minutes we thought oh well he’s obviously gone to sleep and went home! So we were with him from about 9am to 6.30pm Phew!

Today I found out he slept right through, his room gets very warm and they said he hadn’t slept well for days! Good old nanny and grandad 😁 I’m not sure who was more worn out yesterday, me , John or Joshua 😁

 

Then today my sister and BiL came up from Worthing for lunch with my mum and dad ( I was working til 1pm) then came over to us for a couple of hours so that was lovely. I hadn’t seen her for over a year! 

How lovely that Josh took himself off to bed, well done Nanny & Grandad for wearing him out 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

How lovely that Josh took himself off to bed, well done Nanny & Grandad for wearing him out 😊


😁 Have a great time when you go to the Isle of Wight!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2021 at 5:17 PM, brian1 said:

Hi all,just back from a lovely 2 days in Cliftonville and Broadstairs area.Had a lovely lunch in our friends garden and got sunburnt.Checked in our unique hotel after.20210615_171716.thumb.jpg.c82b44378defe3b469e628edaef02b68.jpg20210615_153824.thumb.jpg.8af0d55f96e7660f303f5e272b701049.jpg


Brilliant Brian, glad you had a good time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It has been 20°C and sunny today.

We had a lovely lunch in Harrogate today.

 

IMG_20210617_124644.jpg

IMG_20210617_124618.jpg

Beans with fish and chips!!!!

That's just so wrong !

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SarahHben said:

 

Hubby and I are off to the Isle of Wight next week for a few nights, due to go from Portsmouth


Hope you have a lovely time on the Isle of Wight next week and you get good weather.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all.

I have 9 days off of childcare ahead of me, lots of jobs to get done but browsing on-line wins 😊

 

Hubby and I are off to the Isle of Wight next week for a few nights, due to go from Portsmouth, but we got a text from Wight Link yesterday to say our 3:40pm sailing had been moved to 11:40pm due to one of the ferries being out of service. We went on to their website so see if there was anything better timewise, website kept crashing and phones were constantly engaged so we ended up booking Red Funnel from Southampton instead and emailing Wight Link asking for a refund. We should see Iona and Britannia in Southampton. 

 

It's raining here which is quite nice after the hot weather, the garden needs it.

 

Have a good day everyone.

 

 

 

Please let us know how you go and what are the must see's, we are going to the IoW in Sept for a week, it will be our first visit. Hope you enjoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Beans with fish and chips!!!!

That's just so wrong !

Ha! baked beans are not wrong, even cold they are brilliant. The following is true. We had a staff restaurant and i asked for Fish and chips with peas, sorry no peas was the answer, Ok I will have baked beans please, sorry no beans, what do you have said I, brussels sprouts they answered, BRUSSELS SPROUTS  🤢

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Beans with fish and chips!!!!

That's just so wrong !

I don't like garden or mushy peas and they kindly obliged to my request for beans instead.

It is 18°C and sunny again.

I wish everyone a nice day.

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning' hope you are all well :classic_smile:

When it comes to fish and chips I think this is neither the thyme nor the plaice
to remark on Grahams choice of a side dish to his fish and chips .if the man 
wants beans , beans it is . They cannot be that wrong can they  , just about every 
chippie in the land sells beans on their menu don't they ?  Fishchips and peas ,
 pie and peas .. wots the beans for ?:classic_unsure: Way back in the 70's when I was a pup I do 
remember staggering from pub ,with lads into chippie and being shocked to see 
baked beans on menu .I was gobsmacked ! Beanz  in a chippie ! I was having non 
of it! That's  until one day Mother decided we were having fish fingers , chips and beans
for tea , which back then was non negotiable .Eat or don't , that was the menu .
I have to say I  was surprised how tasty this meal turned out to be .  So every  
now and again  I have been known to partake in a pot of beans on my chippie 
meal . Sometimes  I may go mad and buy a chip shop curry with said beans  and 
very nice that was too. To be fair though the good old mushy pea s still dominate 
as my first choice and some times they get ordered with chicken supreme and a 
curry . One my favourites is fish chips and peas with a tiny salad  as well. The first 
time I ate that was in Cornwall and when the server brought us the meal I told 
her "there must be some mistake . we have ordered fish ,chips and peas" 
She said "we give everyone the salad ."  We ate it, we loved it . I'v'e lost count of the

things I have had with my fish and chips  , Haggis . pie's Yorkshire fishcakes the

latter one being  two big slices of spud with a slake of fish sandwiched between 
and  fried in batter , if you were wondering .  Like I say,  eat what takes your fancy 
with your fish supper as they call it in Scotland . If it's on the menu then it's game on !

Who knows . Fish chips and battered Mars Bar .. Nah even I have my limits .:classic_rolleyes:

I have ben known to have a few scraps with my chips. Nothing to do with fighting ,

just old bits of batter from the fryer 
Who used to buy those pickled eggs that sat on the counter in the big jar ?
I have never seen anyone buy them but about one egg a month would disappear:classic_ohmy:
Was it you ?? :classic_wink::classic_unsure:
Take care stay safe everyone :classic_love:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't like garden or mushy peas and they kindly obliged to my request for beans instead.

It is 18°C and sunny again.

I wish everyone a nice day.

Peas get cold too quick for me even though I like them.Nothing wrong with beans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't like garden or mushy peas and they kindly obliged to my request for beans instead.

It is 18°C and sunny again.

I wish everyone a nice day.

I’m with you Graham. I also hate peas in any shape or form……

It has rained here most of the night so much fresher this morning.

Gill

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't like garden or mushy peas and they kindly obliged to my request for beans instead.

It is 18°C and sunny again.

I wish everyone a nice day.

You are still in the north of England aren't you Graham, and haven't  quietly sloped off to Spain? Yesterday my little part of England was damp, dark and dismal and today doesn't look any better. It's 12c and miserable here at the moment, and set to reach the dizzy heights of a damp14c. 😟

Garden peas for me, cooked with a few sprigs of fresh mint.

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adawn47 said:

You are still in the north of England aren't you Graham, and haven't  quietly sloped off to Spain? Yesterday my little part of England was damp, dark and dismal and today doesn't look any better. It's 12c and miserable here at the moment, and set to reach the dizzy heights of a damp14c. 😟

Garden peas for me, cooked with a few sprigs of fresh mint.

Avril

I wish I was in Spain or a cruise but stuck in the North East of England and it's probably about 2 weeks since we had any rain which is very unusual weather for us.

Maybe we might get some rain in the next day or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I wish I was in Spain or a cruise but stuck in the North East of England and it's probably about 2 weeks since we had any rain which is very unusual weather for us.

Maybe we might get some rain in the next day or two.

I'll trade you Graham. I'll send you our rain for your sunshine😉

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice and early everyone this morning, I love peas and would have them with everything but I like beans too so I’m with you graham that I would have them with my fish , bit like Kalos when I was young it would be fish fingers ,chips and beans and that’s what I gave my kids 😋 been raining here all night and still stotting down , had a headache all night and not much sleep and still got headache I’ll put it down to my disappointment yesterday about my cancelled cruise, so angry it’s so late notice and selfish of P&O over booking you would think they’d get it right for the very first cruise back Greedy ####### 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...