Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

It’s been a lovely sunny day here. We spent the morning at Carisbrooke Castle, the afternoon at Alum Bay and have just got back from a very good dinner at the Buddle Inn.

My husband said he’d promised me a cruise so  he took me on a boat trip to the Needles 😂

 

EA5E060D-5908-4108-BE14-9EAE8845142A.jpeg

E81EFC05-5FB2-4DBA-9E66-49E9AF8B934A.jpeg

679DD9A5-3F69-47B2-8747-3616848C625E.jpeg

 

I'm glad that you got to the Buddle Inn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, we have had a very long day out. We left our house at 6am and got back at 9.15pm. We went on a coach trip to Cromer. We really enjoyed it, and the weather was ideal. Sunny but not too hot.

9E9C70FD-7089-4472-846C-33871A43130F.thumb.jpeg.1a31ac410601cae62e11eff98a826f2b.jpegA7A6318A-4953-4FFC-AF24-03C3B99C8C13.thumb.jpeg.9ed64c3176098f5102bebaf850deb742.jpeg554E8159-BC33-4193-ABF7-B93E7C44D9B9.thumb.jpeg.885fc5c9a47bdc37230673f5e0d22cdb.jpegAE66F8C5-4013-4025-B4EF-DD138836C3AE.thumb.jpeg.16404798cb1c3c0fedb662355dc25ea6.jpeg14EB2CDF-B416-423D-BFAF-CE7F8853C18D.thumb.jpeg.fb134c4bd1a9b91113f9ec3013c90c81.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

 

I'm glad that you got to the Buddle Inn.

Thanks for the recommendation! We had Yarmouth crab and my husband tried some Isle of Wight Ale. Good food and brilliant waiters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Cheers Kalos.

We finished the day by calling to the beach on the way home.

Graham.

16244691449352553610809509183248.jpg

Just missed you Graham, we will be in York tomorrow and 

may call at the outlet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning hope everyone's happy .:classic_smile:

I have enjoyed looking at your holiday snaps and day trips out and the nice weather

that came with it and the tales of pub meals. We have come so far since last year if 

you look back on it .I was reading they are testing a couple of machines that will test

the air for covid ,actually sniff it out, that is amazing  !

Yesterday was a nice warm day ,we hit 23.c in our garden .It was nice sat in the garden 

listening to the birds tweeting  and the sound of Sierra-Yankee-ninety nine ,(that's our police

helicopter ) hunting someone down no doubt. Another sign of normality. :classic_unsure:

I will leave you with this little cracker to brighten your day ...  :classic_biggrin:

I heard five-year-old  saying  to her grandmother, "Granny, can you do me a frog impression?"

Her Grandmother asked, "What? Why do you want me to do that sweetheart?"

"Because Daddy says we'll be worth fortune when you croak and can go on a cruise ship .":classic_ohmy:

Have a lovely day and stay safe :classic_love:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Today, we have had a very long day out. We left our house at 6am and got back at 9.15pm. We went on a coach trip to Cromer. We really enjoyed it, and the weather was ideal. Sunny but not too hot.

9E9C70FD-7089-4472-846C-33871A43130F.thumb.jpeg.1a31ac410601cae62e11eff98a826f2b.jpegA7A6318A-4953-4FFC-AF24-03C3B99C8C13.thumb.jpeg.9ed64c3176098f5102bebaf850deb742.jpeg554E8159-BC33-4193-ABF7-B93E7C44D9B9.thumb.jpeg.885fc5c9a47bdc37230673f5e0d22cdb.jpegAE66F8C5-4013-4025-B4EF-DD138836C3AE.thumb.jpeg.16404798cb1c3c0fedb662355dc25ea6.jpeg14EB2CDF-B416-423D-BFAF-CE7F8853C18D.thumb.jpeg.fb134c4bd1a9b91113f9ec3013c90c81.jpeg

 Looks lovely, similar weather to here, lovely but not unbearably hot. How did you find the coach? I guess you felt safe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just having a quick surf around the web (as you do) and came across 

Mr Ludlow who posted a message  less than two days ago . Maybe some 

have seen it but will post below for those who have not ......

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

 Looks lovely, similar weather to here, lovely but not unbearably hot. How did you find the coach? I guess you felt safe.

The coach was about half full - I think they could have moved us around a bit so we could have had more social distancing - we were quite surprised that the two seats across the aisle were occupied.

 

However, on a full risk assessment  basis we felt safe.  The coach has a new air filtration system for ventilation, everyone was wearing masks, our area is still quite low for infections and infections are generally low in older people ( most people on board were ….  er…. old! ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalos said:

Just having a quick surf around the web (as you do) and came across 

Mr Ludlow who posted a message  less than two days ago . Maybe some 

have seen it but will post below for those who have not ......

 

 

Thanks for that….. I had managed to avoid it until now!  😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have reviewed this letter this morning to confirm that I have been double jabbed during the trial.  I just hope that if I do have to prove that I have been vaccinated  that this will be enough because it is not yet on my medical records.

 


 

20210624_133921.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The coach was about half full - I think they could have moved us around a bit so we could have had more social distancing - we were quite surprised that the two seats across the aisle were occupied.

 

However, on a full risk assessment  basis we felt safe.  The coach has a new air filtration system for ventilation, everyone was wearing masks, our area is still quite low for infections and infections are generally low in older people ( most people on board were ….  er…. old! ) 


That’s good, I’m surprised there were people opposite you too. The air filtration system sound good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:


That’s good, I’m surprised there were people opposite you too. The air filtration system sound good.

To be honest, with everyone wearing masks and good air filtration,  I would have thought they could have operated a full coach.

After all, thousands of people are using the tube/railway/buses  everyday, with no issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be honest, with everyone wearing masks and good air filtration,  I would have thought they could have operated a full coach.

After all, thousands of people are using the tube/railway/buses  everyday, with no issues. 


Well, you say that. I’ve booked train tickets to Edinburgh and hubby and I haven’t been given seats next to each other due to social distancing 🙄 I’m hoping when we get there he can sit in the ‘empty’ seat next to me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be honest, with everyone wearing masks and good air filtration,  I would have thought they could have operated a full coach.

After all, thousands of people are using the tube/railway/buses  everyday, with no issues. 

Do you know there are no issues, or is that just an assumption? I’ve not seen any evidence either way yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline came to work with me today while I did a couple of calls.

I decided to drive 100 miles to Keswick and we had a great day.

IMG_20210624_121847.jpg

IMG_20210624_121920.jpg

IMG_20210624_125212.jpg

IMG_20210624_142026.jpg

IMG_20210624_144611.jpg

IMG_20210624_145212.jpg

Are you sure you were working Graham?? Lol

Looks lovely and great photos. 

I copied you today Graham  and went to McDonalds drive through and got an ice cream, it was my mums first McDonalds ice cream, she is 86!!

Michelle

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have reviewed this letter this morning to confirm that I have been double jabbed during the trial.  I just hope that if I do have to prove that I have been vaccinated  that this will be enough because it is not yet on my medical records.

 


 

20210624_133921.jpg


This could become a real problem with vaccine trials that are awaiting approval. It seems as though there is greater awareness now but it still needs somebody with authority to make final decisions to announce that trial vaccinations should count. I believe that the decision has been made but that there is a problem with including it on the NHS IT system, including the app. Who would have guessed that the NHS would be encountering  problems with their IT systems? Our next cruise is at the end of November so it should be sorted by then, but until it is, I will not be paying the balance (in consultation with P&O).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Are you sure you were working Graham?? Lol

Looks lovely and great photos. 

I copied you today Graham  and went to McDonalds drive through and got an ice cream, it was my mums first McDonalds ice cream, she is 86!!

Michelle

Both my late mam and Pauline's late mam liked McDonald's Mcflurrys ice cream.

I hope your mam enjoyed hers.

We left home at 8.30am and did 2 arranged calls.

I left my second call in Hartlepool at 10am and thought we love the lakes so I would drive to Keswick.

We got back home at 6.30pm.

It is raining outside now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope you brave and selfless people who volunteered for vaccine trials don’t suffer “admin side effects”.  That would be so unfair.  Also, if it receives publicity it might deter others from future trials

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Both my late mam and Pauline's late mam liked McDonald's Mcflurrys ice cream.

I hope your mam enjoyed hers.

We left home at 8.30am and did 2 arranged calls.

I left my second call in Hartlepool at 10am and thought we love the lakes so I would drive to Keswick.

We got back home at 6.30pm.

It is raining outside now.

Raining here too, Richard is out walking the dogs so I expect two soggy doggies back anytime. We need the rain so I shouldn’t complain. 
It’s nearly the weekend so I think I will go pour myself a glass of wine 🍷 

Michelle

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Both my late mam and Pauline's late mam liked McDonald's Mcflurrys ice cream.

I hope your mam enjoyed hers.

We left home at 8.30am and did 2 arranged calls.

I left my second call in Hartlepool at 10am and thought we love the lakes so I would drive to Keswick.

We got back home at 6.30pm.

It is raining outside now.

I take it you are either semi-retired, or self employed. A hundred +miles and 2 calls would have got you noticed by our sales managers. Our reps would have been asked to explain anything less than 6 calls, but good luck if you can get away with it.😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I take it you are either semi-retired, or self employed. A hundred +miles and 2 calls would have got you noticed by our sales managers. Our reps would have been asked to explain anything less than 6 calls, but good luck if you can get away with it.😁

Been part retired for about 6 years.

I don't need to work so working as an agent now when I want as customers want me to stay as I have always looked after them and it gives me something to do when Pauline is at work as my arthritis put paid to playing golf.

I phone customers and a lot ring their own orders in to me or the company which I get the credit for.

Been with this company 20 years and opened up the North East of England for the company.

Been in sales for 40+ years and 15- 20 calls a day was my norm when I was territory manager.

I used to drive 40,000+ minimum miles a year.

 

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for those itching to get away (and for all of us in the long run) -  there’s more choice of overseas destinations. Don’t like Simon Calder’s comment though - he mentions the  ‘key locations’ now open such as the Balearic Islands but ends with ‘And a number of highly irrelevant places’. Rather arrogant turn of phrase. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline came to work with me today while I did a couple of calls.

I decided to drive 100 miles to Keswick and we had a great day.

IMG_20210624_121847.jpg

IMG_20210624_121920.jpg

IMG_20210624_125212.jpg

IMG_20210624_142026.jpg

IMG_20210624_144611.jpg

IMG_20210624_145212.jpg

I have been to The lakes today too including a wander around Bowness where your favourite hotel is We also paddled in Coniston water and visited Grasmere.Lovely sunshine.Think it will change tomorrow for when we arrive in Scotland

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Both my late mam and Pauline's late mam liked McDonald's Mcflurrys ice cream.

I hope your mam enjoyed hers.

We left home at 8.30am and did 2 arranged calls.

I left my second call in Hartlepool at 10am and thought we love the lakes so I would drive to Keswick.

We got back home at 6.30pm.

It is raining outside now.

Unless you picked up £50k of orders, you could have stayed at home!

Glad you had a good day out, but as previously mentioned,  you are not really working. 

Good luck to you, glad you still have a job. Not exactly the same as sweating in Asda House or Cheshunt, hoping for a listing! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...