P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have had a phone call this morning from Princess confirming that the guidance on their websites will be changed in the next few days to reflect the fact that a letter from the the lead investigator for Covid trials will now be accepted as proof of vaccination regardless of whether or not the particular vaccine had been approved for roll out in the UK or not.  I am now happy to know that I will be able to go on my cruise.

😄😄

Well done, they had to change that. It was just ridiculous.

I doubt many people are particularly bothered, but I've just got this update from the College of Optometrists:

https://www.college-optometrists.org/the-college/media-hub/news-listing/covid-19-guidance-eye-care-england-13th-july-2021.html

Good news for anyone in the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable group (larger than you might think).  Most, if not all, opticians will follow it.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, wowzz said:

We are debating a 3 week Princess cruise out of Athens next May. Expensive booking this late, but you only live once!

Just booked it - I blame Graham for encouraging me to "carpe diem" ! 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have had a phone call this morning from Princess confirming that the guidance on their websites will be changed in the next few days to reflect the fact that a letter from the the lead investigator for Covid trials will now be accepted as proof of vaccination regardless of whether or not the particular vaccine had been approved for roll out in the UK or not.  I am now happy to know that I will be able to go on my cruise.

😄😄

Great news Josy.

Delighted for you.

Graham 

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

😄😄

I have been asked to ask you Josy whether your letter from JVT was via email or ordinary mail.

14 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I have been asked to ask you Josy whether your letter from JVT was via email or ordinary mail.

It was by snail mail but I have been told by one of the vaccine people that you can get virtually the same letter by downloading it.  I just called her to find where you get it from and she says that if you go to GOV.COM you can find a copy of the letter so it is probably worth downloading for anyone who has had one of the trial vaccines. 

I am going to download it to my phone so that I have  it with me rather than  carrying a paper version as proof.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

Hello all, just popping in to post a pic of our mad trip up to Edinburgh on the train yesterday. We had a tour of the Royal Yacht Britannia, very interesting and so good to be on a sea going vessel even if stationary! It was overcast for most of the tour but then the sun came out and it was so warm! Very busy in the main part of town though.

Bit of a frustrating day with the sat nav and parking today but now sitting on our balcony listening to the river babbling by. I will miss it when we go home.

Here’s Britannia 

4BA5E71D-CDCB-4AE0-8D20-27A7B385ACD6.jpeg

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Why not??? Life is for living and enjoying. It’s something to look forward to as well

Michelle

Trouble is, we now have 5 in the pipe line !

Not sure if my bank balance can keep up !

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Busy day gardening and double-checking insurance and other paperwork for our Britannia cruise on the 26th.

And spot of baking to take tomorrow when I finally meet up with my parents and brother after over a year: coffee and walnut Swiss Roll

BE27E046-88CC-4A94-AF05-3CB490C7E3FC.webp 5713BE6F-635B-45BF-A08C-A8B7DEC1E983.webp

Edited by Camberley

7 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

That’s exactly the same for me.

this is a very difficult subject to avoid talking about, as it affects our day to day lives. As we aren’t supposed to talk about it on this forum, I just stay away in case I say something unacceptable to the mods.

stay safe everyone xx

It's not just me then??

Avril

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It was by snail mail but I have been told by one of the vaccine people that you can get virtually the same letter by downloading it.  I just called her to find where you get it from and she says that if you go to GOV.COM you can find a copy of the letter so it is probably worth downloading for anyone who has had one of the trial vaccines. 

I am going to download it to my phone so that I have  it with me rather than  carrying a paper version as proof.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Trouble is, we now have 5 in the pipe line !

Not sure if my bank balance can keep up !

Snap.

It's nice to have things to look forward to Wowzz.

A heart attack and Covid19 infection in the last 18 months for me really put my priorities into perspective.

Pleased you booked the cruise you wanted.

Graham.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Snap.

It's nice to have things to look forward to Wowzz.

A heart attack and Covid19 infection in the last 18 months for me really put my priorities into perspective.

Pleased you booked the cruise you wanted.

Graham.

Thanks Graham.

I think we are getting "intimations of mortality", and deciding that we need to spend whilst we can still enjoy!

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think we are getting "intimations of mortality", and deciding that we need to spend whilst we can still enjoy!

Indeed,   I am finding that the bits that aren't falling off, or giving up are going  SOUTH!!!!  😚🤣🙃

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Camberley said:

Busy day gardening and double-checking insurance and other paperwork for our Britannia cruise on the 26th.

And spot of baking to take tomorrow when I finally meet up with my parents and brother after over a year: coffee and walnut Swiss Roll

BE27E046-88CC-4A94-AF05-3CB490C7E3FC.webp 271.36 kB · 16 downloads 5713BE6F-635B-45BF-A08C-A8B7DEC1E983.webp 300.6 kB · 6 downloads

Oh my word that cake looks DELICIOUS!  Coffee and walnut is my all time favourite cake, if you like I can forward my address by private message and you could send me a slice ☺️

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had a nice trip out to the lake District today.

We had lunch at the Bellsfield hotel in Bowness overlooking Lake Windermere.

Graham.

IMG_20210714_124757.jpg

Screenshot_20210714_130748_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20210714_133938.jpg

IMG_20210714_134556.jpg

IMG_20210714_134521.jpg

IMG_20210714_132433.jpg

Looks like you had lovely weather yesterday Graham, love the Lakes

Michelle

• Like 1