P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I think we all have to decide for ourselves when and where we feel safe and do things at our own speed.

I’m reasonably happy outdoors but very wary and careful indoors.

Rather windy here too altho so far no thunderstorm.

Bored at home watching the Olympics this afternoon as waiting for a sofa bed to arrive -  I hate waiting around for a delivery!

Gill x

Have a little lie down while you wait for your sofa bed to be deliv..,.........oh! You can't can you🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning all, 

John and I went to Bluewater Saturday and for the first time since Covid began actually had a meal up there. I was a little nervous as it looked busy from the outside but when we went inside the tables were quite spaced out and most two’s were on tables meant for four so it was great. Masks seemed to be high percentage when we got there but about 60-40 I reckon by the time we left.

Yesterday I went on the bus to pick up my grandson and I wore a mask (bus driver didn’t) but when I sat down and realised I was the only passenger I took it off! 
We did lateral flow tests before we have our grandson and we were both negative again so we survived Bluewater 😊

• Like 6

I've been pleasantly surprised at the high numbers of people I've seen still wearing masks since the 19th.

Last Friday I used the train to get home from Falmouth.  Majority of people choosing to wear masks.  Cab driver in Falmouth put his mask on before I got in the car, so I followed suit.  Bit different at Sarfend, driver wasn't fussed, but he did keep his windows open.

In the local shops the majority of people have been wearing masks.

• Like 4

Hi all glad to hear some of you are getting out and about.

I'm recovering from a cold, have had the various test and it's not covid, but still feeling under the weather. 

I am still apprehensive going out and about. Have an MRI scan this afternoon in Truro and was going to go into town while up there, but have changed my mind, as still don't feel entirely comfortable going into the shops. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

I'm recovering from a cold, have had the various test and it's not covid, but still feeling under the weather. 

I am still apprehensive going out and about. Have an MRI scan this afternoon in Truro and was going to go into town while up there, but have changed my mind, as still don't feel entirely comfortable going into the shops. 

Hope you soon feel better.  What a lovely city Truro is - shame you don’t feel comfortable yet. I suppose it’s full of visitors from up country at the moment?

Hope all goes well at Treliske.

8 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hope you soon feel better.  What a lovely city Truro is - shame you don’t feel comfortable yet. I suppose it’s full of visitors from up country at the moment?

Lets hope storm Evert passes through without issue tonight :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thank you, but is is just a yearly routine surveillance scan. Traffic going down into Truro  was bumper to bumper, so hate to think how crowded it would have been in town. Cars weren't even willing to leave the entrance to the car park clear, which just added to congestion. 

The roads are very busy here too.  We took the bus

Busy day beside the seaside, though it appeared that the eateries etc were quieter.  I wonder if that is due to families picnicking on the beach mid-day and having their main meal in their accommodation later.  It would be an expensive business eating out with a family every day.

There are still places which can’t find enough staff to operate 7 days a week.  It seems ridiculous that places are closed a couple of days a week in the height of the season

Anyway, it was a lovely summer day, warm but airy.  None of that thundery oppression 

162AD6F0-533C-4303-B3E4-115CAD1D0C54.thumb.jpeg.63b162cb5c69f0fb5c6c45b156241fac.jpeg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Busy day beside the seaside, though it appeared that the eateries etc were quieter.  I wonder if that is due to families picnicking on the beach mid-day and having their main meal in their accommodation later.  It would be an expensive business eating out with a family every day.

There are still places which can’t find enough staff to operate 7 days a week.  It seems ridiculous that places are closed a couple of days a week in the height of the season

Anyway, it was a lovely summer day, warm but airy.  None of that thundery oppression 

162AD6F0-533C-4303-B3E4-115CAD1D0C54.thumb.jpeg.63b162cb5c69f0fb5c6c45b156241fac.jpeg

Lovely picture.

It's overcast and breezy down here and keeps trying to rain. , so not beach weather!

On 7/27/2021 at 10:34 PM, wowzz said:

Are you allowed to tell us what has happened to Sharon ? She has been an excellent mod for many years.

Hi everyone and apologies for not being on here for a while. Have been poorly sick for about a week or so -- a real flu / cough not Covid, but have felt really grim none the less.

Anyway, hope you are all ok 🙂

Have to  say I agree with this one wowzz as I found the message from our new moderator a shock to be honest and was worried about Sharon. She's been with us a long time now and set up this chat group all those months ago on March. Its like family is suddenly not there .....

Can we ask if she is ok ??? If things have happened when I haven't been checking CC apologies but have not been up to it. 

Us Prestos

Just now, Presto2 said:

Hi everyone and apologies for not being on here for a while. Have been poorly sick for about a week or so -- a real flu / cough not Covid, but have felt really grim none the less.

Anyway, hope you are all ok 🙂

Have to  say I agree with this one wowzz as I found the message from our new moderator a shock to be honest and was worried about Sharon. She's been with us a long time now and set up this chat group all those months ago on March. Its like family is suddenly not there .....

Can we ask if she is ok ??? If things have happened when I haven't been checking CC apologies but have not been up to it. 

Us Prestos

She is on a Saga cruuse, having a good time, and posting on the Saga forum. 

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I had a look at the Lyme Regis webcam a couple of hours ago. Batten down the hatches.

58 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Does she come back or is she staying with Saga forever ?

🙂

Hattie is just watching the board whilst Sharon is on the maiden cruise of the new ship .

I've been reading her cruise , She's having a great time .:classic_love:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2792652-spirit-of-adventure-inaugural-cruise-live-blog/

• Like 3

9 hours ago, purplesea said:

Hope everything is well with your MRI.

• Like 2

Hope everyone is well.

It is 13 years today since Pauline's lovely dad died.

We went to see the book of remembrance at the Crematorium first thing then I took Pauline to Lake Windermere to cheer her up.

We had a lovely meal at a hotel overlooking Lake Windermere then had a walk around Bowness before going home.

Graham.

IMG_20210729_123635.jpg

IMG_20210729_121259.jpg

IMG_20210729_120846.jpg

IMG_20210729_142114.jpg

IMG_20210729_141920.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hope everyone is well.

We went to see the book of remembrance at the Crematorium first thing then I took Pauline to Lake Windermere to cheer her up.

We had a lovely meal at a hotel overlooking Lake Windermere then had a walk around Bowness before going home.

Graham.

IMG_20210729_123635.jpg

IMG_20210729_121259.jpg

IMG_20210729_120846.jpg

IMG_20210729_142114.jpg

IMG_20210729_141920.jpg

Glad to see you cheered Pauline up .Looks like she could charm the ducks off the water !

Oh I see that she has :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hope everyone is well.

Graham.

IMG_20210729_123635.jpg

IMG_20210729_121259.jpg

IMG_20210729_120846.jpg

IMG_20210729_142114.jpg

IMG_20210729_141920.jpg

A sad day made into a celebration of Pauline’s dads life with many memories to treasure 

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1