P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Our thoughts are with you Bloodaxe...

Especially those of my Partner who lost his daughter to a drunk driver.  He sends his regards to you.

How sad Indiana. I can't imagine how devastating that must have been - the unnecessary loss of a life full of promise.

What polar opposite posts we have here. Posts that evoke our happiness for Graham and Pauline and our sadness for you and Bloodaxe.

We must cherish our loved ones and tell them we love them at every opportunity. Life can be so short.

Have a good day everyone and take care. Jane. X

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Today has been a sad one for us has it is the second anniversary of our Sons sudden death.

I feel so sad for you and your family Eric.

Our sincerest best wishes and prayers 🙏for you and your family today.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Glad you both had a lovely day Graham. That food looks spectacularly good. Here's to your next decade. Best wishes. Jane.x 

Thank you so much Jane.

Your good wishes are much appreciated by us both.

Graham x.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Our thoughts are with you Bloodaxe...

Especially those of my Partner who lost his daughter to a drunk driver.  He sends his regards to you.

That was desperately sad news Indiana and our thoughts and prayers 🙏 go to your partner too who lost his daughter in such a sad way.

Graham.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Beckett said:

How sad Indiana. I can't imagine how devastating that must have been - the unnecessary loss of a life full of promise.

What polar opposite posts we have here. Posts that evoke our happiness for Graham and Pauline and our sadness for you and Bloodaxe.

We must cherish our loved ones and tell them we love them at every opportunity. Life can be so short.

Have a good day everyone and take care. Jane. X

I absolutely agree with you Jane.

Graham x.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Glad you both had a lovely day Graham.

As I said to my husband last week, I'm not sure we are old enough to have had a Ruby Anniversary - it used to be only old people that had those ! 

I said the same but I'm 65 on October 27th.

I don't get my old age pension until I'm 66 so still young at heart at least.

Take care and stay safe😷

Graham.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Glad you both had a lovely day Graham.

As I said to my husband last week, I'm not sure we are old enough to have had a Ruby Anniversary - it used to be only old people that had those ! 

Age is relative, I used to think people in their 20's were old, now I am nearly as old as Graham😁 I don't think people who are in their 60's are old.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I send my love to Bloodaxe and Indiana’s partner. I know how you feel as we lost our daughter to luekemia when she was 7. 
As others have said it’s not the natural order of things.

Oh gosh. How traumatic and utterly devastating for you. There are no words are there…….😘

My heart goes out to everyone who has lost someone dear to them.

Gill x

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I send my love to Bloodaxe and Indiana’s partner. I know how you feel as we lost our daughter to luekemia when she was 7. 

How awful Sue.  I'm so sorry to hear that. This is a sad day of memories but hopefully some of them are cherished and happy ones.  Jane.x

• Like 3

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Sue.

That must and still will be very difficult for you.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Sue.

That must and still will be very difficult for you.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Thanks all for your kind words, we lost our Emily in 2000.  In July my friends daughter (who used to play with Emily) had her first child and named her Emily. Quite emotional that was.

I would also like to thank everyone, it's something that you never dream would happen to you but unfortunately when it does we have to learn to live with it.

We have a holiday planned for next month on Anglesey which is where we lived when our Son was born 50 years ago, that is going to be very emotionally for us.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 9

Bloodaxe, so sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is for you. We lost our beautiful son Mark very suddenly 13 years ago. Not a day goes by when I don’t shed a tear for him. We take a lot of comfort from his many friends who are still in regular contact with us. My daughter Jenny is married to his best friend and one of the most difficult things we have to bear is that their 3 boys never got to meet Uncle Mark. They know all about him though, we have made sure of that. 

Your son will always be in your heart, no-one can take that away from you.

• Like 10