P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all, dull again here as it was yesterday. We had a good day yesterday as we went to Bodiam Castle with our son, partner and grandson. Bodiam is great for children as it’s a ruin inside so not ‘boring’ rooms for them! We had a picnic and actually sat there for two hours without Joshua getting bored! We were getting cold then though and it was spitting with rain! Joshua said ‘wow a big castle’ quite a lot!
A moody picture for you, the moat is full of huge fish too.

D623F06D-703F-4DE8-ABF5-A6ED996AC704.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 15

Friends of ours getting married today.Wedding venue near Billericay,we're staying the night in a local hotel in a village called Stock.No formal clobber,it's all too big for me now,lol.Might try some dad dancing tonight.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, dull again here as it was yesterday. We had a good day yesterday as we went to Bodiam Castle with our son, partner and grandson. Bodiam is great for children as it’s a ruin inside so not ‘boring’ rooms for them! We had a picnic and actually sat there for two hours without Joshua getting bored! We were getting cold then though and it was spitting with rain! Joshua said ‘wow a big castle’ quite a lot!

We went to Bodiam a few years ago. We drove to Tenterden and got the Kent and East Sussex Railway from Tenterden to Bodiam. The Castle is about 15 minutes walk from the station.  If Joshua would like a ride on a steam train as well as going back to the big castle, it might be an idea for next summer 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We went to Bodiam a few years ago. We drove to Tenterden and got the Kent and East Sussex Railway from Tenterden to Bodiam. The Castle is about 15 minutes walk from the station.  If Joshua would like a ride on a steam train as well as going back to the big castle, it might be an idea for next summer 

Yes we were talking about this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

That's a lovely photo! Strangely enough we talked about going yesterday but husband was exhausted after all the DIY he's been doing at our daughter's new house so we had a lazy day at home.

I stayed up way too late watching the tennis last night so am bleary eyed today. I woke up late and had to dash out to pick up my Grandson, but it's so helpful that I can walk to get him now. 

• Like 2

Depressed

- double glazing rang to arrange installation date, now put back to early November, that is 18 weeks since i placed the order.

- checked out cruises for next autumn, they are asking just over £250 per NIGHT for a single occupancy balcony, I also checked Jan/Feb 2023. no availability for solos? I need to look at other cruise lines but must have a UK departure

1 hour ago, kalos said:

The new kid on the block Ambassador cruises  from Tilbury ? 

Ambassador have purchased Pacific Dawn from P&O Australia, it was originally to become Amy Johnson for CMV  but never entered service with them. Ambassador is run by part of the old CMV team and starts cruising May 22.  They have some interesting itineraries on a small ship, several of which we cruised with CMV. The ship is mainly adult only but like CMV they do have a few multi-generation cruises during school holidays. Could be worth a look.

• Like 1

Good afternoon.

It is raining here and only 12°C.

We went food shopping this morning in Morrison's and at least 50% of customers and staff were not wearing masks.

It was almost 100% of under 40s not wearing masks while most over 40s were wearing masks 

Take care.😷.

Graham.

6 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Nice photo of a nice looking castle Sue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Ambassador have purchased Pacific Dawn from P&O Australia, it was originally to become Amy Johnson for CMV  but never entered service with them. Ambassador is run by part of the old CMV team and starts cruising May 22.  They have some interesting itineraries on a small ship, several of which we cruised with CMV. The ship is mainly adult only but like CMV they do have a few multi-generation cruises during school holidays. Could be worth a look.

I liked CMV and we had booked to go on a short cruise on Amy Johnson, which never happened and we had to claim the deposit back via our credit card company.

I currently feel a  bit dubious about Ambassador, as, the last time I looked they were not ABTA bonded.

They say that any money paid to them is held in Escrow to keep it safe, but if they went bust (again) during a  cruise, the passengers would not have ABTA protection for bring them home.

If anybody ins thinking of booking, then I think the small print should be read thoroughly 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I liked CMV and we had booked to go on a short cruise on Amy Johnson, which never happened and we had to claim the deposit back via our credit card company.

I currently feel a  bit dubious about Ambassador, as, the last time I looked they were not ABTA bonded.

They say that any money paid to them is held in Escrow to keep it safe, but if they went bust (again) during a  cruise, the passengers would not have ABTA protection for bring them home.

If anybody ins thinking of booking, then I think the small print should be read thoroughly 

According to the Ambassador site they are applying to join ABTA, I don't know what that entails or how long it takes, however if you book with an ABTA bonded TA you should be as safe as you probably can be. Reading the small print is always a good idea and something a lot of us have probably got better at over the last year or so. I think it is a line we are likely to cruise with in the future because of the itineraries and the ship size. I have noticed quite a few of their cruises are wait listed for several cabin types.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We went food shopping this morning in Morrison's and at least 50% of customers and staff were not wearing masks.

It was almost 100% of under 40s not wearing masks while most over 40s were wearing masks 

Take care.😷.

Graham.

I’ve  noticed mask wearing is really decreasing now. Bodiam Castle is NationalTrust and they were very strict with the mask wearing inside. Now it’s not mandatory everyone seems to be giving up. Yesterday the only inside space I went in was the toilets, I put a mask on but I was the only person wearing one!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SarahHben said:

That's a lovely photo! Strangely enough we talked about going yesterday but husband was exhausted after all the DIY he's been doing at our daughter's new house so we had a lazy day at home.

I stayed up way too late watching the tennis last night so am bleary eyed today. I woke up late and had to dash out to pick up my Grandson, but it's so helpful that I can walk to get him now. 

That would have been a co-incidence! Lovely you’re so close to your grandson now. We have Joshua again tomorrow but I won’t have him next week as his mum has the day off.

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Take care.😷.

Graham.

Funny you say that because I also went to Morrisons today. Here in Wales, we still have to wear masks in shops and I think that everyone actually did have one. But so many older people just don’t wear them properly - they cover the mouth but lots slip down over the nose with them. Have to say that the youngsters around here are better at wearing masks properly! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Funny you say that because I also went to Morrisons today. Here in Wales, we still have to wear masks in shops and I think that everyone actually did have one. But so many older people just don’t wear them properly - they cover the mouth but lots slip down over the nose with them. Have to say that the youngsters around here are better at wearing masks properly! 

Last week on Iona they reminded everyone that the mask has to cover your nose as well. Almost as if some are treating the mask as some form of fashion accessory

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Your mask wearing policy in Wales is much more sensible than ours in England.  It really is no great imposition to wear a mask, it does help stop the spread of the virus, and yet some daft misconception of 'freedom' has persuaded our politicians to chase votes instead of safety.

• Like 5