Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Host Sharon
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Hope your granddaughter is ok and her symptoms are not to severe. 
Hopefully you will get a satisfactory response from MSC soon. 
I am sure you do not feel like a senior citizen just enjoy the extra money.

Take care everyone and stay safe 

Michelle

Thanks Michelle.  She's quite a tough cookie so hopefully she won't have it too badly.  I really hope I get the response I need from MSC - all in their own time though!  No, I don't actually feel like a senior citizen at the moment and I'm hoping to keep it that way. All the time I'm still working I'll be fine - health permitting.  Have a great weekend.  Jane.x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

 

I just spoke to my granddaughter and she's in bed - she just sounds like she has a very bad cold.  She never catches anything normally so this will come as a bit of a shock to her.  I'll keep you informed about the other matter.

Jane.x    

If your granddaughter is anything like ours, then lying in bed seems to be a normal morning activity!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your eldest granddaughter tested positive for covid19 and hope she only has mild symptoms.

Good luck on the other matter.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham x.

 

Thanks very much Graham.  I hope so too.  She'll certainly let us know what her symptoms are!!!!

You and Pauline have a great weekend.  Jane.xx

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Jane I'm sorry to hear your grandaughter has caught covid, hope she makes a speedy recovery and isn't too bad and you hear from MSC soon.

 

Gill, congratulation on your move hope all goes well.

 

 

 

Thanks so much Purplesea.  Fingers crossed for both.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve know of many youngsters who have had Covid recently but thankfully it’s been very mild, so Beckett, I hope your granddaughter is back to her old self before long. 
 

Hope all house moves go smoothly - I just wouldn’t know where to begin! 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Do I get a Christmas bonus too Wowzz?  This day is just getting better.  Tell me, is about 50p or something similar?  Seriously, this is the first time I have every received money from the state apart from child allowance and it's a great feeling - until next month when I get a new tax code to obliterate it.  Have a great weekend.  Jane.x  

You get the grand sum of £10!

When it was first introduced in 1972, it was worth the equivalent of £130 today.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You get the grand sum of £10!

When it was first introduced in 1972, it was worth the equivalent of £130 today.  

An utterly pointless gesture now, but politically difficult to remove. Far better to remove it, and the costs associated with paying it, and pay something rather larger to those who could really benefit from it at Christmas.

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had an email from P&O gently reminding me that the outstanding balance for my November Ventura cruise is due on the 13th August 2021

 

is not was

 

After trying to cancel in early August I just did not pay the balance and the booking disappeared from my cruise personaliser the next day

 

do you think P&O have some IT issues 🙄

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

An utterly pointless gesture now, but politically difficult to remove. Far better to remove it, and the costs associated with paying it, and pay something rather larger to those who could really benefit from it at Christmas.

Nothing stopping folk giving it to charity. Plenty of collecting boxes around.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Hi Jane - so sorry to hear about your granddaughter testing positive. Hopefully she is not feeling too poorly.

Congratulations on getting your first pension. I’ve 4 more years to wait.

Good news here is I finally exchanged on bungalow in Dorset and move on 24th September.

Thanks for your news - sadly not surprised re your issue.
Have a good weekend.

Gill x


Great news at last Gill.

 

I echo everything everyone has said about Jane’s granddaughter and hope the other matter gets some sort of resolution soon. Doesn’t look promising though sadly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:


Great news at last Gill.

 

I echo everything everyone has said about Jane’s granddaughter and hope the other matter gets some sort of resolution soon. Doesn’t look promising though sadly.

I was always told No news is good news.

Prayers 🙏 for Jane @Beckettand her granddaughter that they get the result they deserve.

Graham.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I was always told No news is good news.

Prayers 🙏 for Jane @Beckettand her granddaughter that they get the result they deserve.

Graham.

Thanks so much Graham - you're very kind. I have to admit I'm not very hopeful now -  it's taking too long. People never fail to disappoint!  Jane.xx

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks so much Graham - you're very kind. I have to admit I'm not very hopeful now -  it's taking too long. People never fail to disappoint!  Jane.xx

It may be worth attaching a reminder email to your initial email Jane.

Best wishes.

Graham x 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

The Salvation Army get ours.

Avril

Seems folk use it to do some good. So worth getting after all. I may give mine in advance to the coffee shop in Mayflower gardens. On the way now. Actually I will probably spend my own money and give the tenner that Boris gave me to the donkey sanctuary.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Seems folk use it to do some good. So worth getting after all. I may give mine in advance to the coffee shop in Mayflower gardens. On the way now. Actually I will probably spend my own money and give the tenner that Boris gave me to the donkey sanctuary.

I think we need to have a bit of collation here. 

I am very happy to collect all these tenners you lot don't want and put it to a very good cause... A worldie on Aurora seems like a good enough cause to me.. 😊👍

Andy 

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It being another late October type day in early September here in North Norfolk I am cold and indoors with little to do, so have relied on CC P&O board to fill in time. I also donate my fuel tenner. Plus my clubcard points get converted, donate the East of England Co-op divi and some other loyalty bits and bobs as well as various subscriptions. My question is - is it only our generation that does this? I am 67. My niece and nephew will both do things like run a 5K etc but see those monies (not the fuel allowance) as for them. Obviously thats now and still means they are "donating" but will it cover giving in their future? Just curious

Edited by ccpm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At my sisters after my week on Iona, loved the ship, but the app, is a joke, also speciality dining is open for booking at 12 noon for those onboard, later arrivals, we were 4pm by the time we had our test, had no chance. Very unfair and a lot, including me, complained onboard. That aside, I loved the ship and look forward to returning a week today !

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Seems folk use it to do some good. So worth getting after all. I may give mine in advance to the coffee shop in Mayflower gardens. On the way now. Actually I will probably spend my own money and give the tenner that Boris gave me to the donkey sanctuary.

I would rather donate personally to an organisation than via some charities, where the majority of donations is used on 'overheads' and 'free gifts'.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I think we need to have a bit of collation here. 

I am very happy to collect all these tenners you lot don't want and put it to a very good cause... A worldie on Aurora seems like a good enough cause to me.. 😊👍

Andy 

Sorry, but a small beer and a cocktail sitting on the deck on Iona and it's gone for another year. We may have to blow the winter fuel allowance as well.🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

At my sisters after my week on Iona, loved the ship, but the app, is a joke, also speciality dining is open for booking at 12 noon for those onboard, later arrivals, we were 4pm by the time we had our test, had no chance. Very unfair and a lot, including me, complained onboard. That aside, I loved the ship and look forward to returning a week today !

Our arrival time was 13.15. we went to the test centre a bit early and were on board just after 2. The app loaded ok and we booked Sindhu for tonight. Turned off now as we don't need it till tomorrow. Ship seems fine, just a little on the big side.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises Nov 29th at 3 p.m. EST
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Holland America Line’s Black Friday Sale
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...