Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Host Sharon
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I think there are currently issues for people using iPad / iPhone

 

According to the help forum they are tinkering to see if they can sort out the being logging out issue, but seem to have broken something else.

 

For the past few days I have had intermittent problems on my iPad - I can't see my notifications, I can't like posts and I can't post anything without it wanting to quote the whole thread.  There is a workaround that helps for a while - you can clear safari cookies for the cruise critic website.  I've done that twice, but the problem keeps coming back, so getting fed up now

 

I'm on my laptop at the moment, and it's fine 

 

 


Thank you I do use an IPad and IPhone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks all for replies to my question about not being able to start a new thread. Yes, I was doing it on my I-pad, so it looks like we all had same problem. Will try again later.

Take care all

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm not so sure about that. There are severe staff shortages in the hospitality sector, the hgv driver shortage is well documented, and round here cabbage pickers are being offered £20 an hour! 

 

On reflection you're probably right and I've been caught sweeping there. It was based on my own experience, one job I applied for had over 6000 applicants!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DamianG said:

 

On reflection you're probably right and I've been caught sweeping there. It was based on my own experience, one job I applied for had over 6000 applicants!

I'm sure every profession is different. 

Interesting to note that when I go shopping in Lidl and Aldi,  there are posters everywhere for job opportunities at all levels in those store groups.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm sure every profession is different. 

Interesting to note that when I go shopping in Lidl and Aldi,  there are posters everywhere for job opportunities at all levels in those store groups.

 

It's the same in the hospitality section, in York most Restaurants and Hotels are struggling to recruit staff.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another nice day down here and up to 20oC already. I have also got the day of work so will be able to spend the afternoon in the garden with my book.

Our building work has been completed we now have the task of decorating and getting the conservatory and living room re-carpeted then we can put everything back where it belongs. 

The hotel I'm working in is only doing B&B as we can't get sufficient staff to cover evening meals.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about this for useless red tape.France demands a sworn health statement of honour dated on day of departure saying you haven't experienced any covid symptoms in the last 48 hrs under risk of being sent to the guillotine if cocked up.Eurotunnel insisted I uploaded it yesterday or we can't travel bearing in mind we are travelling Friday,doh.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently 77°F sunny and humid.

I have been to the bank then had my haircut.

I then called to get some flowers to put on Pauline's grandparents and baby brothers grave later today.

I am currently lazing on a sunbed in the shade in our garden.

16310211041681773898367078753466.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently 28C here, had lunch on the patio for 3rd day in a row, no doubt dinner will follow the same pattern this evening. Patio faces due south and there is very little wind today, so in sun temperature probably much higher, just come back in after dead heading flowers in borders felt my head burning through my hat. Another day of high temperatures, then due storms on Thursday. 
 

Good to get outside after feeling off colour last week, not Covid as tests were negative.
 

Pulled some beetroot & carrots and picked around 2kg of tomatoes, a very good crop this year, not brought any since early July, first crop of French beans finished just waiting for second crop to mature, will freeze some for the winter. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really warm here too 27 degrees, too warm for me to sit for any length of time in the sun, much more comfortable in the shade.

I have just been to collect a prescription from the chemist and they asked me if I wanted my flu jab while I was there, so unexpectedly had it done!!! Sending hubby on now for his doing 

Michelle

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just given the car an outing to our town centre Tesco's, it is undergoing a makeover and they are moving all the aisles around, so devilishly difficult to find everything.

The car temp. topped out at 28.5 deg, and it certainly felt hot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baking hot here today --- typical now that the schools are back again ! 

 

Looked at the blink camera readings in our static caravan in Wales and it was reading 31 degrees so in some ways glad that we are not there ! Ouch

 

On another note - I can't believe that this thread is almost on a thousand pages !!! Think we all need to celebrate when it hits 1000 and CC give the person who starts that page a freebie !

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Baking hot here today --- typical now that the schools are back again ! 

 

Looked at the blink camera readings in our static caravan in Wales and it was reading 31 degrees so in some ways glad that we are not there ! Ouch

 

On another note - I can't believe that this thread is almost on a thousand pages !!! Think we all need to celebrate when it hits 1000 and CC give the person who starts that page a freebie !

I've been watching the page numbers too. It's the most popular thread of  this type on any CC forum. We must be a very helpful, caring, chatty and nosy lot on this forum. I shall raise a glass to Sharon when it hits a 1,000 pages. It's been a lifeline for many of us. Long may it keep going.

Avril

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Baking hot here today --- typical now that the schools are back again ! 

 

Looked at the blink camera readings in our static caravan in Wales and it was reading 31 degrees so in some ways glad that we are not there ! Ouch

 

On another note - I can't believe that this thread is almost on a thousand pages !!! Think we all need to celebrate when it hits 1000 and CC give the person who starts that page a freebie !

I can confirm that the Welsh coast was hot today. I could only sit outside for an hour this afternoon.

I am sure we are all poised to start the thousandth page! Perhaps we could start a book on who will manage it (no money involved)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I can confirm that the Welsh coast was hot today. I could only sit outside for an hour this afternoon.

I am sure we are all poised to start the thousandth page! Perhaps we could start a book on who will manage it (no money involved)

Oh how terrible... having to sit on your balcony looking out at the sea in the heat 😉. Well it probably won't be us as we are at work and am guessing it will be during the day. I have am idea who will crack page 1000 but won't say ... ha ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning everyone, lovely day again, probably going to be too hot for most of us but we shouldn’t complain we will be wearing our boots and coats soon.

Meeting a friend for coffee at our favourite cafe in the park this morning. Her hubby is in hospital at the moment, no visitors at present so they are both a bit fed up.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe

Michelle

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

My bet is Graham & Pauline's dinner... 

As they are the Posh and Becks of CC, it's only fitting.. 😊

Andy 

Nah.looking out at the North Sea eating Maccy D.I'm gonna go for it,posting photos of the Alsace when driving thru it Friday.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Currently 77°F sunny and humid.

I have been to the bank then had my haircut.

I then called to get some flowers to put on Pauline's grandparents and baby brothers grave later today.

I am currently lazing on a sunbed in the shade in our garden.

16310211041681773898367078753466.jpg

Nice legs geeze,not too sure about the socks.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning, hope everyone's ok on this pleasant morning :classic_smile:

The world is doing ok if Wowzz is off to Cleethorpes and Brian is admiring

Grahams legs . :classic_unsure:I used to date a girl who had one leg and worked at a brewery...
She was in charge of the hops.:classic_wink: Reading through other threads on here some

worry about check in but it could be worse if you were catching the ferry:classic_ohmy:

This happened the other day and pleased to say the 3 people working inside the

hut were not to badly hurt....

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

My bet is Graham & Pauline's dinner... 

As they are the Posh and Becks of CC, it's only fitting.. 😊

Andy 

Thanks Andy.

It is 22°C and sunny already.

Going for a dental check up later  and clean of my Crowns, Implants and fillings😁

I hope you are both well.

Graham.

 

 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

 

I have just been to collect a prescription from the chemist and they asked me if I wanted my flu jab while I was there, so unexpectedly had it done!!! Sending hubby on now for his doing 

Michelle

We have our flu jabs booked for the 18th - hopefully🤞. There have been rumblings in the news that they may have to put on hold because of a shortage of the vaccine🙄

Avril

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Nah.looking out at the North Sea eating Maccy D.I'm gonna go for it,posting photos of the Alsace when driving thru it Friday.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Drive carefully and stay safe.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Enjoy the Gift of Travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...