PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

38 minutes ago, donswife said:

I had as close to the Sanctuary experience as I can get off of a cruise ship: donating platelets! 

I got a reserved lounger, a lovely staff bringing me blankets, drinks and snacks, an Ipad on a stand with headphones for my entertainment pleasure, and (depending on which chair I get) a lovely view!  The only drawback is keeping my arm still for 2 hours 😄

I’m glad they brought you blankets. My dad was a perfect match for a patient for a few years. He said it was a chilly, but fulfilling experience. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MamaFej said:

I’m glad they brought you blankets. My dad was a perfect match for a patient for a few years. He said it was a chilly, but fulfilling experience. 

That is wonderful all I did was get a covid test  even though I am vaccinated and a shingles vaccine, now I have a sore arm lol  🙂Doctors appointment at a Hospital Thursday! oops sorry need to go, supposed to be in  quarantine until then 🙂  Don't tell! Nurse was very stern this morning! lol Bet she would be pissed to know I went to CVS to get my shingles Vaccine  🙂 Hey I was still wearing my useless mask!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

Whoa! We just did an epic stargazing experience up on Mauna Kea with an analog astronaut from the NASA facility where they are preparing for Mars missions. 
SO cool! 

I firmly believe that experiences are better than things, and this was a phenomenal experience! 

• Like 4

That’s how we feel too, MamaFej!  A new TV is exciting when you first get it and nice to enjoy, but we’re more engaged and excited when we think back to our last vacation (2018…yikes!), look at the pictures and are transported back to those enduring memories.  I’m guessing that’s the same for most of us here.  We don’t buy each other gifts for special occasions - never have - but we do plan new vacations, big purchases etc together.  It really cuts down the unnecessary stress, and is way more fun for us.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Whoa! We just did an epic stargazing experience up on Mauna Kea with an analog astronaut from the NASA facility where they are preparing for Mars missions. 
SO cool! 

I firmly believe that experiences are better than things, and this was a phenomenal experience! 

The streak in the last photo is a satellite photobombing the long exposure deep space shot. 
The low-resolution photos were included in the price. I’m probably going to pay for the high-resolution ones and have some printed on glass for Christmas gifts for the kids’ homes, and for ours. 

9930FAEE-B0E4-4FF4-BB2D-49A4857D1BB8.jpeg

ACECF9D8-B64E-4283-BE97-FDF9FC223520.jpeg

BBF733F0-22FB-4007-8A6C-88965B603E9A.jpeg

B7DCDDC8-A896-44DC-B45A-56C6C255E855.jpeg

38BB3B81-6DD9-402F-BCC9-564A43CE9264.jpeg

889807CE-1195-4716-98FF-0F7E2AC248FC.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 9:01 PM, Thrak said:

Doesn't your vaccination card list both shots?

For some strange reason we each got two cards...1 for the first shot and then a separate one for the second one.  It has all the info on it but I hope it's going to be ok.

4 hours ago, MamaFej said:

The streak in the last photo is a satellite photobombing the long exposure deep space shot. 
The low-resolution photos were included in the price. I’m probably going to pay for the high-resolution ones and have some printed on glass for Christmas gifts for the kids’ homes, and for ours. 

9930FAEE-B0E4-4FF4-BB2D-49A4857D1BB8.jpeg

ACECF9D8-B64E-4283-BE97-FDF9FC223520.jpeg

BBF733F0-22FB-4007-8A6C-88965B603E9A.jpeg

B7DCDDC8-A896-44DC-B45A-56C6C255E855.jpeg

38BB3B81-6DD9-402F-BCC9-564A43CE9264.jpeg

889807CE-1195-4716-98FF-0F7E2AC248FC.jpeg

We had our Northern Lights pix printed on glass!  They are beautiful!
BTW, your photos are fabulous!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

That’s how we feel too, MamaFej!  A new TV is exciting when you first get it and nice to enjoy, but we’re more engaged and excited when we think back to our last vacation (2018…yikes!), look at the pictures and are transported back to those enduring memories.  I’m guessing that’s the same for most of us here.  We don’t buy each other gifts for special occasions - never have - but we do plan new vacations, big purchases etc together.  It really cuts down the unnecessary stress, and is way more fun for us.

Agree...we may buy something for each other on a whim...not necessarily for a special occasion, but DH just bought me a lovely piece of jewelry just because.
We have saved up years of greeting cards from all different occasions, so we no longer purchase cards for each other at the crazy prices they are charging now.  We just pick one of the "old" ones from the box and put the new date on it!  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, suzyed said:

We have saved up years of greeting cards from all different occasions, so we no longer purchase cards for each other at the crazy prices they are charging now.  We just pick one of the "old" ones from the box and put the new date on it!  

We don't "do" cards but a friend who loves to send them sent us this for our anniversary a few years ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.6d5c85031c215b2f309f27aa5ef94be9.jpeg

• Haha 1

After 42 years we don't do any of that any more we save our money for cruising! We do a toast  when on the ship ,Happy Birthday, Happy anniversary, Merry Christmas  Happy Easter, Happy Valentines day lol you get the jist 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, suzyed said:

That looks about right!  LOL!

I've considered making that my Profile Pic for our Alaska cruise next May. It will be our 50th anniversary so the pic seems somewhat "appropriate".

We don't buy each other gifts much anymore. If we want something we tend to just buy it. My wife is having  a new sewing machine delivered today. She had 3 but gave away her really old one. Now she will have 3 again. Her "travel machine" doesn't suit her as well as she had hoped so this is an updated machine she can take with her to meetings, retreats, etc. (Yes, she actually does a quilting retreat with friends...)  She wanted it so we bought it. There's no way I could have picked it out for her.

Mostly we want to spend our money on cruising or other travel but that's been pretty severely curtailed the last year and a half or more. Hopefully that will change for the better.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 5

On 7/3/2021 at 10:10 AM, billco said:

The QR code and vaccination info came right up for me when I clicked on the link they sent me. But, looking at the QR code with my camera doesn't show anything.

The QR code is encoded using the SMART Health Card protocol. If you have a QR code reader you will see a string of digits unless you have the requisite SMART Health Card software to decode it.

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

I've considered making that my Profile Pic for our Alaska cruise next May. It will be our 50th anniversary so the pic seems somewhat "appropriate".

We don't buy each other gifts much anymore. If we want something we tend to just buy it. My wife is having  a new sewing machine delivered today. She had 3 but gave away her really old one. Now she will have 3 again. Her "travel machine" doesn't suit her as well as she had hoped so this is an updated machine she can take with her to meetings, retreats, etc. (Yes, she actually does a quilting retreat with friends...)  She wanted it so we bought it. There's no way I could have picked it out for her.

Mostly we want to spend our money on cruising or other travel but that's been pretty severely curtailed the last year and a half or more. Hopefully that will change for the better.

Congrats Thrak 🙂 Let us know when the day comes but 50 years is really somthing! Hubby and I were joking yesterday we are surprised we are both alive after 42 years and have not killed each other lol 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

Heading out tomorrow morning with our teardrop to visit "the middle kid", his wife, and our second youngest grandchild. She's three years old. Hard to imagine being that age but she has a lot of fun with it. It should be 8 - 10 degrees cooler there and we'll take a day trip to the river to splash and play. Heck, I may even get my lardness in the water. We take the teardrop to use as our bedroom. Its supposed to be in the 60's at night so the sleeping weather will be wonderful. (It's predicted to be in the 80's here in the nights.) It will be great to see our grand daughter. She's soooooooooooo much fun. 

His wife (Aubrae) is the "Trager Queen". She loves cooking on her Trager. While we're there she said she would make us her wonderful Lemon and Rosemary Spatchcock Chicken. (Oddly enough, I had never even heard of Spatchcock Chicken until a week before she mentioned it. Weird how that works. ) I also got a 5.5 lb. Prime Quality Prime Rib Roast for her to cook. She's never done a Prime Rib and has spent time checking out various methods of preparation and is looking forward to fixing a new meal. The dang piece of meat cost over $128 but, compared to the cost of taking us all out to a nice restaurant, that's not bad at all! We will bring wine and they have a lot of wine so we won't have that expense at a restaurant. It should be great. (I could have saved $3/lb. or so but wanted Prime rather than Choice. What the heck...)

Last time we visited I said I'd bring a couple racks of ribs but, when we got there, it turned out the package had 3 racks in it. We can't eat a whole lot so I'm sure he had ribs for lunch for the next week. Poor baby... He loved it  I'm sure there will be plenty of Prime Rib left for him for a lunch or two as well. 

We're happy to get the meal cooked and really don't care for having left overs these days It's weird when it's just two old farts. Back when we had a daycare and 3 teenage boys living in the house leftovers were more of a myth than a reality. It's amazing what can disappear in the night with teen boys. It certainly is more peaceful this way and the money doesn't just vanish like it used to. Getting older isn't really all that bad in many ways.

• Like 4

Enjoy that prime rib, Thrak, and the company. 
I make a KILLER prime rib every Christmas. I look forward to hearing about yours. 

We ate all sorts of jungle plants on Kauai today. We went on a bamboo forest hike with a native Hawaiian who lived off the grid in the jungle for two years. We learned lots about medicinal plants and had a really fun, VERY muddy and wet hike. My poor daughter took quite a tumble, and was covered in slippery mud, but these things happen. We harvested bamboo and went to Pilipo’s home to make our own bamboo flutes. Very cool. My daughter was able to make beautiful music from hers immediately. The rest of us non-flautist/non-music teachers eventually got decent sound. My oldest has gotten pretty good, and figured out that he can play the bridge to “Hey, Jude” on his. 
We learned how to open coconuts and what can be done with coconuts of varying ripeness/age. We made bracelets from the bark of the hala bush, and made coconut candy. So much fun! 

I’m so glad my family is onboard with doing these small, cultural and off the beaten path experiences. We had a blast, and definitely got a more authentic Hawaiian experience than zip lining (which I also love to do). 

Our guide is also a quantum physicist. Nifty.  

We are going to meet a high school friend of my oldest son’s for lunch tomorrow. He graduates md law school this spring and was recently admitted to the Hawaii Bar. Then we will do a scavenger hunt on the North Shore. We are having a blast! 

Aloha! 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Enjoy that prime rib, Thrak, and the company. 
I make a KILLER prime rib every Christmas. I look forward to hearing about yours. 

We ate all sorts of jungle plants on Kauai today. We went on a bamboo forest hike with a native Hawaiian who lived off the grid in the jungle for two years. We learned lots about medicinal plants and had a really fun, VERY muddy and wet hike. My poor daughter took quite a tumble, and was covered in slippery mud, but these things happen. We harvested bamboo and went to Pilipo’s home to make our own bamboo flutes. Very cool. My daughter was able to make beautiful music from hers immediately. The rest of us non-flautist/non-music teachers eventually got decent sound. My oldest has gotten pretty good, and figured out that he can play the bridge to “Hey, Jude” on his. 
We learned how to open coconuts and what can be done with coconuts of varying ripeness/age. We made bracelets from the bark of the hala bush, and made coconut candy. So much fun! 

I’m so glad my family is onboard with doing these small, cultural and off the beaten path experiences. We had a blast, and definitely got a more authentic Hawaiian experience than zip lining (which I also love to do). 

Our guide is also a quantum physicist. Nifty.  

We are going to meet a high school friend of my oldest son’s for lunch tomorrow. He graduates md law school this spring and was recently admitted to the Hawaii Bar. Then we will do a scavenger hunt on the North Shore. We are having a blast! 

Aloha! 

Sounds like so much fun!  How did you find out and arrange that tour?  We might like to do that when we're there next year.  

Edited by suzyed