Jump to content

PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Norcalcouple said:

I just saw a chart in our local paper which shows that Florida is one of the states which  will notify the voter if there is a problem with their mail ballot, so rest easy!

I just go vote in person as soon as early voting starts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Norcalcouple said:

I just saw a chart in our local paper which shows that Florida is one of the states which  will notify the voter if there is a problem with their mail ballot, so rest easy!

I just seen this on TV where they sent out ballots to people who have been dead for 10 years. 😳

Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Norcalcouple said:

I put my ballot in an official drop box on Friday, and today received a message from the  registrar of voters that it has been received and is ready to be counted.  That's the way it's done in California.

 

We also dropped ours into a ballot box. How were you notified?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thrak said:

 

We also dropped ours into a ballot box. How were you notified?

I received a text message and an E-Mail.  Prior to mailing the ballots. voters were given an opportunity to sign up for the  notifications.  They also notified me when the ballot was mailed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Norcalcouple said:

I received a text message and an E-Mail.  Prior to mailing the ballots. voters were given an opportunity to sign up for the  notifications.  They also notified me when the ballot was mailed.

 

I"m confused. I knew one could get notifications if they mailed the ballot but didn't think it was available to those who dropped the ballot into a ballot box.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

 

I"m confused. I knew one could get notifications if they mailed the ballot but didn't think it was available to those who dropped the ballot into a ballot box.

I registered to get notifications, by email and by text.   I was notified when my ballot was mailed to me.   I'll get notified when they receive it and/or when they accept it, also.    don't think it matters whether you mail it or drop it in a ballot box to get notified (yes, I'm in CA like you).

 

Mary

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right - one has to sign up with your registrar to get "BallotTrax".  We got notified today that the Post Office here in Nevada had received our Santa Clara County ballots that I dropped off yesterday, we were also notified when they were mailed to our "mail drop".  We've been absentee voters for ~20 years.

Edited by Ferd Berfle
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I just seen this on TV where they sent out ballots to people who have been dead for 10 years. 😳

Tony

 

 

Cook County has a large cemetery vote... even without mail in ballots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

 

 

Cook County has a large cemetery vote... even without mail in ballots.

Hi Fred Berfle,

I just like to say this about dead people voting or the cemetery vote. If this wasn’t true it would be really Funny. 
I’m not going to talk about this anymore. 

Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I just seen this on TV where they sent out ballots to people who have been dead for 10 years. 😳

Tony

  So?  What's your point Tony?  Dead people vote too you know.  Are you saying they don't have a right to be notified too?

Maybe we should start demonstrating because dead people aren't being counted.  And if they don't listen, we'll riot and tear up some cemetaries.  Dead Votes Matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

Right - one has to sign up with your registrar to get "BallotTrax".  We got notified today that the Post Office here in Nevada had received our Santa Clara County ballots that I dropped off yesterday, we were also notified when they were mailed to our "mail drop".  We've been absentee voters for ~20 years.

I thought they abolished the Ballot Tax years ago.  Back then it was called a Poll Tax. Who's your registrar anyway?

We don't do Ballot Tax in the deep South anymore,  contrary to popular propaganda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Norcalcouple said:

I put my ballot in an official drop box on Friday, and today received a message from the  registrar of voters that it has been received and is ready to be counted.  That's the way it's done in California.

Does the registrar also notify you when your ballot is discovered in a dumpster or  recycle bin in Santa Monica?  Or is that an "official drop box" ?

Santa Monica is in California isn't it?

Where's Joe Friday when we need him?  "Just the facts, maam".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1980dory said:

Does the registrar also notify you when your ballot is discovered in a dumpster or  recycle bin in Santa Monica?  Or is that an "official drop box" ?

Santa Monica is in California isn't it?

Where's Joe Friday when we need him?  "Just the facts, maam".

 

I want to be very careful here, so we don't end up with this thread disappeared... it's been such a lovely discussion during these trying times 🙂

 

So, in California, using Ballot Trax, I'll drop my ballot in a drop box, and should within at most a few days get notified that my ballot was received.   If I don't get that notification, I can alert them that my ballot may have gone missing.   So, yes, I do get notified.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mary loves to travel said:

 

I want to be very careful here, so we don't end up with this thread disappeared... it's been such a lovely discussion during these trying times 🙂

 

So, in California, using Ballot Trax, I'll drop my ballot in a drop box, and should within at most a few days get notified that my ballot was received.   If I don't get that notification, I can alert them that my ballot may have gone missing.   So, yes, I do get notified.

Likewise and thank you for your reply.  But you didn't answer my first question.  Does the registrar notify you when your ballot is found in a dumpster?

When I vote in person, it's a done deal.  No one notifies anyone about anything. No need to.  My vote has been cast, received, and counted. I personally don't want anyone on the outside touching my ballot.  That's why we have secret enclosed booths in which to vote.  It eliminates any possibility of anyone  messing with my vote.  I like that security.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1980dory said:

Likewise and thank you for your reply.  But you didn't answer my first question.  Does the registrar notify you when your ballot is found in a dumpster?

When I vote in person, it's a done deal.  No one notifies anyone about anything. No need to.  My vote has been cast, received, and counted. I personally don't want anyone on the outside touching my ballot.  That's why we have secret enclosed booths in which to vote.  It eliminates any possibility of anyone  messing with my vote.  I like that security.

 

I've never had that happen .... Ballot Trax always shows my ballot as received.  But, since they would notify me if there was a problem with my ballot, for example, if the signature didn't match the one on file, I would also be notified if my ballot was found in a dumpster.

 

Isn't it nice that you are able to vote the way you prefer, as am I?

 

I used to be an in-person voter.   I really liked going into the booth and the whole process.  Then, I was sent on a last minute business trip and missed voting!   That's when I became a permanent vote by mail voter.   It works really well for me.

 

Best

Mary

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mary loves to travel said:

I've never had that happen .... Ballot Trax always shows my ballot as received.  But, since they would notify me if there was a problem with my ballot, for example, if the signature didn't match the one on file, I would also be notified if my ballot was found in a dumpster.

 

Isn't it nice that you are able to vote the way you prefer, as am I?

 

I used to be an in-person voter.   I really liked going into the booth and the whole process.  Then, I was sent on a last minute business trip and missed voting!   That's when I became a permanent vote by mail voter.   It works really well for me.

 

Best

Mary

... And isn't it nice that we can have a civil discussion and not get kicked off CC?  But I think we really have wandered off the subject of cruising.  Onward......

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1980dory said:

I thought they abolished the Ballot Tax years ago.  Back then it was called a Poll Tax. Who's your registrar anyway?

We don't do Ballot Tax in the deep South anymore,  contrary to popular propaganda.

It's not "Ballot Tax", it's "Ballot Trax" which is the name of the company which does the notifications for the registrar of voters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norcalcouple said:

It's not "Ballot Tax", it's "Ballot Trax" which is the name of the company which does the notifications for the registrar of voters.

Thanks so much for the clarification.  The spelling is what threw me.  I thought it was supposed to be spelled: T-R-A-C-K-S.

I couldn't find T-R-A-X in my dictionary. Since T and R are next to each other on my keyboard, I thought you just hit the two together to make TRAX instead of spelling tracks as it is supposed to be spelled correctly.

So it really wasn't a typographical error after all, was it?  And the ballot monitors aren't sure of the spelling of a common word such as tracks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy winds last two days, so nice raking opportunity this morning to help get my paces in.  Looks like we had a bear in the yard - hopefully it’s moved on to more delectable regions as its trying to fatten up for napping season.    Red flag warning continues for high fire danger, but the Manitou Incline fire remained small even with the winds and is 100% contained - yay!  New fire broke out yesterday - again on the west side but south of town this time,  jumping the highway in a run onto the Ft Carson training range.  Easier terrain and vehicle access with this fire, so hopefully they can lock it down quickly.  


COVID cases increasing here but we haven’t crossed the line into tighter restrictions yet, though the governor has extended the statewide mask mandate.  About 25% of hospitalized are between 60-69, but those in their 20’s are now representing 6% of hospitalized.   Still hunkering as we see the numbers climb - I missed going to the grocery store this morning during the designated Geezer hour, so hotdogs and beans tonight.  Ummmm, the classics! 

Edited by LoriPhil
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Thanks so much for the clarification.  The spelling is what threw me.  I thought it was supposed to be spelled: T-R-A-C-K-S.

I couldn't find T-R-A-X in my dictionary. Since T and R are next to each other on my keyboard, I thought you just hit the two together to make TRAX instead of spelling tracks as it is supposed to be spelled correctly.

So it really wasn't a typographical error after all, was it?  And the ballot monitors aren't sure of the spelling of a common word such as tracks.

This reminds me of Gilda Radner on "Saturday Night Live" years ago.   Her character, Emily Latella, would mistake something she heard and go off on a rant about it.  Chevy Chase would correct her and she would say,  "Oh, Never mind!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, voljeep said:

yep, hopefully only the off topic voting procedures will be deleted 

Yes, perhaps so.  Sorry we got carried away in a civil and friendly discussion on a cruise site that has very, very little cruise 

talk.  Are we also going to delete all the talk about weather, forest fires, floods,  covid, etc. that we have slid into?

We certainly don't want to fall into the trap of having fun, meeting others through these discussions, making friends and 

seeing different perspectives and perhaps even learning something new.

Perhaps you have a cruise topic you would like to discuss that is more on topic.

Again, I apologize for having such 'off topic' fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Yes, perhaps so.  Sorry we got carried away in a civil and friendly discussion on a cruise site that has very, very little cruise 

talk.  Are we also going to delete all the talk about weather, forest fires, floods,  covid, etc. that we have slid into?

We certainly don't want to fall into the trap of having fun, meeting others through these discussions, making friends and 

seeing different perspectives and perhaps even learning something new.

Perhaps you have a cruise topic you would like to discuss that is more on topic.

Again, I apologize for having such 'off topic' fun.

Well, the topic here is, "How are things where you are?"  That  covers a wide range of subjects.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...