Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips
,

PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!


Host CJSKIDS
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

don't forget your masks ... 😷

 

 

Well... I don't believe this applies to "within your campsite" and it's also supposedly for 100 days which will be over by the time we leave. We plan to head out May 5th which should be just after the 100 days. (Not that I'm really all that convinced it will end after 100 days...) We already mask up when in public. We dislike doing so but that's just how things are these days so we comply with the rules.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, Thrak said:

 

We're booked for Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania in January of 2022 on Sapphire Princess. Oddly enough, we are also booked on Sapphire Princess to Alaska for 12 days in May of 2022.


That looks like an amazing trip and I really hope everything opens up and goes ahead for you, seems so far away but time will fly. Which Australia cruise 🚢 will you be doing? I thoroughly enjoyed Tasmania when my family visited there many moons ago. Also enjoyed New Zealand when cruised there.

 

I’m hoping we’ll be able to do our PNG cruise in late November 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Loki S said:


That looks like an amazing trip and I really hope everything opens up and goes ahead for you, seems so far away but time will fly. Which Australia cruise 🚢 will you be doing? I thoroughly enjoyed Tasmania when my family visited there many moons ago. Also enjoyed New Zealand when cruised there.

 

I’m hoping we’ll be able to do our PNG cruise in late November 2021.

 

Originally we were booked for 33 days in December of 2020 but that was obviously cancelled. That trip was 6 days Southern Australia Explorer, 13 days New Zealand, and 14 days Queensland.

 

The replacement cruises are in January 2022 and only total 26 days. 7 day Southern Australia Explorer, 13 day New Zealand, and 6 day Tasmania. Like the cancelled cruises, these are all round trip out of Melbourne and we have the same Caribe balcony for all three so it should be pretty easy.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

 

Originally we were booked for 33 days in December of 2020 but that was obviously cancelled. That trip was 6 days Southern Australia Explorer, 13 days New Zealand, and 14 days Queensland.

 

The replacement cruises are in January 2022 and only total 26 days. 7 day Southern Australia Explorer, 13 day New Zealand, and 6 day Tasmania. Like the cancelled cruises, these are all round trip out of Melbourne and we have the same Caribe balcony for all three so it should be pretty easy.


Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outdoor dining is opening as ICUs are at 23.4% availability.  Yesterday I ordered take-out from Boudins for tonight bc everyone was here watching the game (everyone = 4) so I just passed the phone and they put in their choice. Did not know it would open this morning. Picking it up today but will dine out sometime this week

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Outdoor dining is opening as ICUs are at 23.4% availability.  Yesterday I ordered take-out from Boudins for tonight bc everyone was here watching the game (everyone = 4) so I just passed the phone and they put in their choice. Did not know it would open this morning. Picking it up today but will dine out sometime this week

 

Our restaurants are supposed to only be open for take out or outdoor dining but we've noticed lately that, when we go to pickup food to go, people are eating inside anyway. Apparently a lot of local businesses have had enough and, while they do clean, wipe, wear masks, and maintain distancing protocols between tables, they are serving customers inside. We would love to go out and eat in a restaurant but we're still not doing so.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not eating inside but La Veranda, Panera, and Boudins (2nd & 3rd fast food restaurants) have ample outside seating. La Veranda has lovely garden dining if weather permits.  Looking forward to their chocolate ganache and they're a very short walk 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

High hospitalization and arrival of the more contagious strain keeps us in the takeout-crew for now, but we’ve  started using a small Italian restaurant that created a Take and Bake” menu. It’s great!   A family meal serving 4 that includes salads, plus prepped garlic bread and choice of entree that you just fling in the oven at home so food is ready when you want it, and HOT!  I’m spoiled now...  We still tip a minimum of 20% but I’m guessing many of us take-out folks here do too.  Someone in Estes Park left a $1400 tip the other day - love hearing about those!  Looking forward to the day - hoping it’s this Fall - when we can sit at the Colorado Mountain Brewery Bar for a beer, burger and conversation with pals.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

... Take and Bake” menu. It’s great!   A family meal serving 4 that includes salads, plus prepped garlic bread and choice of entree that you just fling in the oven at home so food is ready when you want it, and HOT!  I’m spoiled now...  

I love that idea!! We don't have any near us but I'd totally get Tre Fungi Gnocchi with the Chocolate Ganache from La Veranda! Imagine being able to pick it up with my groceries (2 stops / 1 errand) 😋 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

High hospitalization and arrival of the more contagious strain keeps us in the takeout-crew for now, but we’ve  started using a small Italian restaurant that created a Take and Bake” menu. It’s great!   A family meal serving 4 that includes salads, plus prepped garlic bread and choice of entree that you just fling in the oven at home so food is ready when you want it, and HOT!  I’m spoiled now...  We still tip a minimum of 20% but I’m guessing many of us take-out folks here do too.  Someone in Estes Park left a $1400 tip the other day - love hearing about those!  Looking forward to the day - hoping it’s this Fall - when we can sit at the Colorado Mountain Brewery Bar for a beer, burger and conversation with pals.

Are you in Estes Park? I was there for a girl scout program in 1980! Wonderful memories. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn’t Estes Park a beautiful place?  We live further south in Colorado Springs, but have visited there a number of times.  A favorite is the annual Highlands Games usually held in September.  Hopefully they will resume that tradition this year.  A possible camping event for our roving CC’rs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

It’s snowing in Boston again and I can’t stand it. I can’t wait until a get my Rowboat back in the water.

 

43CE8417-3F75-4A9A-8680-A2ED508CFBBC.jpeg

That's funny.  While snow is predicted in my town today;  I could use something funny

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

That's funny.  While snow is predicted in my town today;  I could use something funny

Didn't your mother ever tell you to not use four letter words?  S-N-O-W .  I gave up fighting that stuff

many years ago.  But, to each his own.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Reader0108598 said:

Hey I bought hunny a snowblower what more do you want. I am not going out there!😄

Been there.  Done that.  I would have bought my wife one back then but she is too small and would have raised so much h*** it would have melted the snow anyway.  Don't have to deal with it now though, so it is really a moot point.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, here we are again...another blanket of snow.  DH out there with snow blower as I type this.  At least with both of us now retired, we aren't in any big rush to get anywhere.  

 

Wind chills expected to be below zero here by the weekend....even more reason to dream about a Caribbean cruise.

 

Hoping to get vaccine in the next few weeks (depending on the rollout in our area) and then we will feel relieved.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll let you know how we are in 36-48 hours for my wife, and 2-4 days for me - just took a PCR test for direct extended exposer to a person who tested positive - twice rapid test on Sunday, then again their PCR test came back positive results on Tuesday ...

 

we both had our 1st Covid-19 vaccine on Friday 1/15, so at least we got that going for us

 

no symptoms for anybody ...  so far

 

other than that ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update ( too late to edit )

 

Person we were exposed to got a Negative result on a rapid test this morning - will take another rapid test on Thursday , then a PCR test on Sunday with same day results ... ( testing lab on premises )

 

All good

 

big front  coming thru today - High today 80's - tomorrow 60's for the high and 40's for the low - perfect fire pit weather for us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2021 at 2:23 PM, DormMom said:

Accept our sympathies, Loki.  May you find comfort in your memories as you never expected 2021 to be worse then 2020.

 

Our vaccine shot is scheduled for this Friday--Hurrah!!!  

 

We got our first one two weeks ago and the second on 2/9!
 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great News - wife got her PCR test results from yesterday morning test ( prioritized for frontline healthcare workers )  " NOT DETECTED " 

 

we get our 2nd vaccine shot on 2/5/21

 

 

hey Princess - pick us for one of your 'test cruises' out of PE/FLL - we're all in even on short notice !!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like covid numbers are going down;  at least in Ohio we've had two weeks of decrease in numbers.  Yea.  Still on waiting list for first vaccine shot.  Right now they are doing 70 and older; plus school teachers and school staff

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance - Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com - November 2022
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2022
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...