PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

8 hours ago, MamaFej said:

My son arrived from Montana this afternoon. My daughter arrived a few minutes ago. The five of us are together for the first time in about 360 days. Woo hoo!

We are about to leave to meet my brother's family and my dad at one of our local breweries. They haven't seen the oldest since Christmas of 2019. 

I'm loving the vaccinated life! There will be so many hugs tonight!

Hi MamaFej,
Excellent!! Have a Great Father’s Day with all the family. Happy Happy for you.

Tony

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2021 at 11:24 AM, rabin1 said:

Here in South Florida it has rained all week. Would happily give you the rain. Stay safe

Kathy

Rain here in NE Florida too!  The humidity is what gets to me!

• Like 1

Latest news;   This just in: New study links Ivermectin to large reductions in Covid 19 deaths.  For the non farmers; Ivermectin is an anthelminic & Boticide for livestock.  It, "Removes worms and bots in a single dose".

The foregoing is a quote from The Epoch Times.

Edited by 1980dory
spelling correction

6 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Latest news;   This just in: New study links Ivermectin to large reductions in Covid 19 deaths.  For the non farmers; Ivermectin is an anthelminic & Boticide for livestock.  It, "Removes worms and bots in a single dose".

The foregoing is a quote from The Epoch Times.

A gentle reminder to read the Covid banner at the top. We are no longer to discuss scientific things about Covid. Also read Wiki on The Epoch Times as it is a questionable newsource and is a political paper---also no longer allowed.... 🙃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

A gentle reminder to read the Covid banner at the top. We are no longer to discuss scientific things about Covid. Also read Wiki on The Epoch Times as it is a questionable news source and is a political paper---also no longer allowed.... 🙃

I had not seen nor been aware of the new banner as I keep Princess board home page open, but scrolled down to the first topic.  There are almost no "newspapers" left that are not political.  It will be interesting to see if all their requests can really be strictly adhered to.

Seems like we can continue to debate all aspects of cruising - ship tours or private tours, when to fly in and fly out, smoking, TD versus AT, tipping extra or not, using a smart device or not, appropriate dress for dining, but not what we think of the cruise line's Covid-19 protocols.  We can only post information.  But we can go beyond information on other topics, but not when it concerns policies around masks and vaccination proof. 

Seems restrictive, but I get that they do not want CC to turn into a Covid-19 debate forum in general.  But I think we should still be able to discuss and contrast what one cruise line is doing versus another, or what one country is doing versus another, what experiences happened in ports, on tours, and so forth.  I hope there will be some leeway on this and when any policy that is imposed by a government authority comes into play, it is impossible to avoid the politicians that make the decisions.

A perhaps conundrum I can think of is someone posts that a certain port is not allowing unvaccinated ashore.  Everyone will wonder why, so perhaps post a link to the story?  The reason might be increased incident rates in the area, but we are not supposed to post that.  Seems a bit restrictive so suppress part of the W-5 (Who/What/When/Where/Why). 

I guess we will learn by experience what sticks and what gets deleted.  I do know I want all of our lives to return to normal and then we don't have to discuss the pandemic at all.  It's for someone else to worry about preparing for the next 50 or 100 year event.  I want to prepare for normal life and our next voyage at sea.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

A gentle reminder to read the Covid banner at the top. We are no longer to discuss scientific things about Covid. Also read Wiki on The Epoch Times as it is a questionable newsource and is a political paper---also no longer allowed.... 🙃

I apologize for my error.  I didn't realize that the speech police were lurking and that 

I could have said anything that would be so politically sensitive and that would result in censorship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1980dory said:

I apologize for my error.  I didn't realize that the speech police were lurking and that 

I could have said anything that would be so politically sensitive and that would result in censorship.

This is a privately owned forum, therefore the owners of said forum can set rules. It is not censorship by any criteria. Censorship would be if I was allowed to promote a questionable cure for Covid 19 and you weren't. This is a topic for us to exchange how things are going during this time of Covid and by that criteria alone your post is out of bounds.

Edited by Doug R.
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Doug R. said:

This is a privately owned forum, therefore the owners of said forum can set rules. It is not censorship by any criteria. Censorship would be if I was allowed to promote a questionable cure for Covid 19 and you weren't. This is a topic for us to exchange how things are going during this time of Covid and by that criteria your post is out of bounds.

OK

On 6/21/2021 at 3:50 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

Beauty is in the mind of the beholder. Some people on the liberalisation our Constitution...

Glad to hear the US will be starting Cruising soon.. I hope it all goes well,

Down here it starting to look somewhat grim... on the subject of cruising..... as the powers to be  seam to suggest international borders may open mid 2022...... and the possible start of cruise season in October 2022..... that is depending on the cruise lines and what restrictions are place on them.....

So we will wait and see.......    

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Down here it starting to look somewhat grim... on the subject of cruising..... as the powers to be  seam to suggest international borders may open mid 2022...... and the possible start of cruise season in October 2022..... that is depending on the cruise lines and what restrictions are place on them.....

When it became overwhelmingly obvious that CoViD meant we wouldn't be traveling internationally any time soon in April of 2020, we canceled all of our 2020 and 2021 travel, including two trips to Oceania. Australia and New Zealand were handling the pandemic much better than most nations, so we felt that booking there for 2022 made sense. 

Hahahahahahaha! Silly us! 

I completely respect the desires of the NZ and Australia governments to keep their countries as safe as they can. 

I just wish the rest of the world had been so cautious. This whole thing could have been over by mid 2020. Economies would be flourishing in the recovery, and we'd be seeing many threads here about dress codes, chair hogs, and how cruising has gone downhill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

We've tried three years in a row to do the Sydney to San Francisco cruise, but it now looks like our cruise booked for April 2022 won't make it either. So disappointing since this was on our retirement "bucket list."  I understand Australia's caution in reopening their border, but I'll continue to hope they decide to change it to early 2022.  At least we can hope, right?

1 hour ago, rogueriver said:

We've tried three years in a row to do the Sydney to San Francisco cruise, but it now looks like our cruise booked for April 2022 won't make it either. So disappointing since this was on our retirement "bucket list."  I understand Australia's caution in reopening their border, but I'll continue to hope they decide to change it to early 2022.  At least we can hope, right?

I am so sorry! We also long to do this itinerary and we booked for 2023. Yes, it seems like ages far away, but we had other bucket list cruises rescheduled for May 2022 which seemed like a safer option.

Maybe there is still room for 2023? We are on the Grand and it departs on March 31, 2023

Edited by nini

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I'm beginning to wonder if my Pacific Northwest Cruise next April will happen because it goes to Astoria & Seattle (USA), Victoria & Vancouver (Canada)

We're supposed to cruise out of Vancouver next May. Hoping Canada opens up before then. We've had far too many cruises cancelled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’re awaiting the 2023 Alaska itineraries and will book for us plus an extra cabin for either family or our cruising pals.  We tried to book our favorite VRBO - Big Island house for next fall, but their October is completely booked, and then prices crank up for tourist season.  Considering September, but it’s still part of the rainy season, so we’ll see.  Need a trip to anticipate!  

• Like 2

Sooooooooooooooo, hopefully you all are managing to stay cool. Currently, it is 81 degrees here just a half mile away from the ocean in WA State. They are projecting 90 degrees for tomorrow. Our kids down in Portland, OR are expecting 115 tomorrow. The Pacific Northwest is not used to this.

• Like 1

Surprise surprise we finally have sun in south Florida. Been raining all week. Only about 85 degrees today. The wind, rain etc has been hampering the rescue work going on at the condo in Surfside that collappesed. Please pray for the 159 people still missing and all the first responders.  The Miami Dade Urban Rescue is one of the best in the world and go to all major events for  issues such as this. It is so hard for them being right in their own back yard. They are literally putting their lives on the line to rescue these poor souls. They keep saying they will not leave until they are forced and there is still HOPE God Bless them all

Kathy

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nini said:

Sooooooooooooooo, hopefully you all are managing to stay cool. Currently, it is 81 degrees here just a half mile away from the ocean in WA State. They are projecting 90 degrees for tomorrow. Our kids down in Portland, OR are expecting 115 tomorrow. The Pacific Northwest is not used to this.

Yes it is blazing here in Portland. It is already over 90 now and the hottest time of the day is after 4. Expecting well over 100 through Monday. We don’t expect any days under 90 for at least a week and probably longer

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yes it is blazing here in Portland. It is already over 90 now and the hottest time of the day is after 4. Expecting well over 100 through Monday. We don’t expect any days under 90 for at least a week and probably longer

Supposed to be 108° F here today. Looks like the forecast for the entire next week is well over 100°. Glad I mowed the lawn on Wednesday instead of waiting for the weekend.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:
3 hours ago, memoak said:

Expand  

Supposed to be 108° F here today. Looks like the forecast for the entire next week is well over 100°. Glad I mowed the lawn on Wednesday instead of waiting for the weekend.

Lawn?? What's that 😳 

Not bad here, just 93° = 33.9C. 72F in Alaska so I will pack some shorts for my next cruise

At least its cooler than Siberia (48C = 118.4F)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.9news.com.au/article/df6b295f-fa20-4386-8c7f-595fcf010dfc