Celebrity Cruisers - How are Things where YOU are?

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We were supposed to have Thanksgiving dinner at my son and daughter-in-law's new home with her Mom and Dad (from out of state) too.  Seven of us total.  We just decided to cancel it.  So sad and disappointing really.  We are going to do some type of ZOOM dinner at out individual Thanksgiving tables.

Smart move. We will not go into our son's home. If the weather permits we sit outside (bundled up) for about 1/2 hour. But winter will be much to cold for that. It is sad, but we have to survive this. Then we can celebrate BIG TIME!

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We were supposed to have Thanksgiving dinner at my son and daughter-in-law's new home with her Mom and Dad (from out of state) too.  Seven of us total.  We just decided to cancel it.  So sad and disappointing really.  We are going to do some type of ZOOM dinner at out individual Thanksgiving tables.

I think  ZOOM is a great idea..Not the sane as in person but safer and no one has to take on the hosting chores..with  respnsibility for added safety safeguards.

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

I think  ZOOM is a great idea..Not the sane as in person but safer and no one has to take on the hosting chores..with  respnsibility for added safety safeguards.

I do hope anybody zooming, particularly for social/family stuff, is using Celebrity’s poolside backdrop or the martini bar... 

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Same..not sane

On 11/21/2020 at 12:19 PM, cantstopingcruising said:

Smart move. We will not go into our son's home. If the weather permits we sit outside (bundled up) for about 1/2 hour. But winter will be much to cold for that. It is sad, but we have to survive this. Then we can celebrate BIG TIME!

We do the same.  Really, really missing family but will not burden our children with the thought that they possibly made us sick.  They better be ready for some huge, long hugs when this is all over though.

8 minutes ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

We do the same.  Really, really missing family but will not burden our children with the thought that they possibly made us sick.  They better be ready for some huge, long hugs when this is all over though.

We have some in Ontario and we don;t get to see them at all. Also waiting for BIG HUGS!

It was estimated that 3 million people went through US airports between Friday and Sunday.  They say that is 50% of normal Thanksgiving travel but still a huge number ignoring travel warnings.  Not to mention the millions traveling in private autos to stay and dine with families and friends.   About 2-3 weeks after Thanksgiving we will see an enormous spike in cases right before Christmas.  Not looking good.

We are in Florida..ZOOMING with dtr, sil, grandsons in New York.

They are still pondering the trip south in mid Dec....that could be a very critical time for spikes and spread...hope they do the right thing!

HAPPY  THANKSGIVING !

The Cousins usually have a large Thanksgiving Day Feast / Family Reunion.  

One of the Aunts & Uncles used to host...
Now that they are no longer with us - it's held in an indoor Park Pavilion...

We've not been able to join in 20+ years.

This year they are doing a Zoom Call/Toast @ 8:00 AM AK Time...

Thinking my Toast may be w/ a Mimosa...

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Participation House | A place to call home.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:26 PM, Von & John said:

The Cousins usually have a large Thanksgiving Day Feast / Family Reunion.  

One of the Aunts & Uncles used to host...
Now that they are no longer with us - it's held in an indoor Park Pavilion...

We've not been able to join in 20+ years.

This year they are doing a Zoom Call/Toast @ 8:00 AM AK Time...

Thinking my Toast may be w/ a Mimosa...

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Participation House | A place to call home.

Hey there.....great post...I know your Mimosa was great

so was my Bloody Ceasar......you’re still welcome over at our place

We had a great Thanksgiving with just the two of us for dinner. Earlier in the day we did Zoom bingo with our daughters' families that live in our area. We were reluctant about joining them and grateful that they called it. Today is my birthday and we all met up in a parking lot between our homes. Exchanged birthday presents with our daughter whose birthday is 12/3. Here are the grandkids with their presents.

IMG_0511.JPG

10 hours ago, mljatsea said:

We had a great Thanksgiving with just the two of us for dinner. Earlier in the day we did Zoom bingo with our daughters' families that live in our area. We were reluctant about joining them and grateful that they called it. Today is my birthday and we all met up in a parking lot between our homes. Exchanged birthday presents with our daughter whose birthday is 12/3. Here are the grandkids with their presents.

IMG_0511.JPG

What a GREAT idea.....participate in these important days anyway you can.  Two of my grandchildren's b'days were this week ...they live too far away to do something like this....so good wishes over zoom best we could come up with.  Lovely looking kids BTW!

21 hours ago, mljatsea said:

IMG_0511.JPG

Very creative and safe.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We enjoyed the ZOOM  Thanksgiving get together with our grands.. the baby , 7 month old was  very engaged as we held up little toys to get his attention... It was so nice seeing him, his brother and mommy!.