Jump to content

Celebrity Cruisers - How are Things where YOU are?


Host Anne
 Share

Recommended Posts

DW and I had our first Moderna jabs yesterday afternoon. A first-rate clinic, very well organized and great staff, medical and otherwise. At the end of our 15 minute wait, we checked out with no paper work given to us, but an email with a PDF attached, providing all of the relevant information, hit my iPhone before we even reached the door.

 

Other than very minor soreness at the jab site, neither of us has experienced any side effects.

 

Now we wait until July 31 for the second shot, keeping our fingers crossed over recent speculation in the Canadian media that the length of the delay till the second shot might be shortened as more vaccine becomes available.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

DW and I had our first Moderna jabs yesterday afternoon. A first-rate clinic, very well organized and great staff, medical and otherwise. At the end of our 15 minute wait, we checked out with no paper work given to us, but an email with a PDF attached, providing all of the relevant information, hit my iPhone before we even reached the door.

 

Other than very minor soreness at the jab site, neither of us has experienced any side effects.

 

Now we wait until July 31 for the second shot, keeping our fingers crossed over recent speculation in the Canadian media that the length of the delay till the second shot might be shortened as more vaccine becomes available.

Great news for you!  I am on day 5 after my second Moderna shot.  Sore arm was about the extent of my side effects.  Now gone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Great news for you!  I am on day 5 after my second Moderna shot.  Sore arm was about the extent of my side effects.  Now gone!

What??? Your arm is gone? How Monty Pythonesque. 🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

As from today Australians can now travel to New Zealand. Vaccination not required nor quarantine/isolation on arrival nor on return to Oz. No COVID testing either. Government is now looking at similar arrangement with other countries e.g. Singapore.

Now if we can just get the OK for cruise ships......

Edited by lyndarra
typos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

As from today Australians can now travel to New Zealand. Vaccination not required nor quarantine/isolation on arrival nor on return to Oz. No COVID testing either. Government is now looking at similar arrangement with other countries e.g. Singapore.

Now if we can just get the OK for cruise ships......

I would imagine that (like the UK) there might be all-Australia cruises or Australia-NZ cruises for the citizens of your countries soon.  I think there are a couple of smaller lines cruising there but no major cruise lines yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Thought I'd add to this, since I'm now finally able to (kind of) get excited about our trip.  My husband and I were booked on the Apex for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise in June of this year for our 5th wedding anniversary, but that got cancelled, so we moved it to June of 2022 to the Edge for a 7-night Italy and Greek Isles cruise, and decided to splurge on the Edge Villa. Meanwhile, here in California, I'm fully vaccinated, and my husband received his second jab this past Wednesday, so we'll both be ready to go next summer!  We were going to look at cruising earlier, like in January, but everything is still so uncertain. So we'll celebrate our 5th AND 6th wedding anniversaries in June of 2022! 

 

How's everyone else doing?  Happy May!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, LWeiler77 said:

Hey everyone! Thought I'd add to this, since I'm now finally able to (kind of) get excited about our trip.  My husband and I were booked on the Apex for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise in June of this year for our 5th wedding anniversary, but that got cancelled, so we moved it to June of 2022 to the Edge for a 7-night Italy and Greek Isles cruise, and decided to splurge on the Edge Villa. Meanwhile, here in California, I'm fully vaccinated, and my husband received his second jab this past Wednesday, so we'll both be ready to go next summer!  We were going to look at cruising earlier, like in January, but everything is still so uncertain. So we'll celebrate our 5th AND 6th wedding anniversaries in June of 2022! 

 

How's everyone else doing?  Happy May!

Wow Edge Villa!  Nice.  Happy Anniversary!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, LWeiler77 said:

Hey everyone! Thought I'd add to this, since I'm now finally able to (kind of) get excited about our trip.  My husband and I were booked on the Apex for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise in June of this year for our 5th wedding anniversary, but that got cancelled, so we moved it to June of 2022 to the Edge for a 7-night Italy and Greek Isles cruise, and decided to splurge on the Edge Villa. Meanwhile, here in California, I'm fully vaccinated, and my husband received his second jab this past Wednesday, so we'll both be ready to go next summer!  We were going to look at cruising earlier, like in January, but everything is still so uncertain. So we'll celebrate our 5th AND 6th wedding anniversaries in June of 2022! 

 

How's everyone else doing?  Happy May!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cgram434 said:

 

Happy Anniversary early!  Hope all will work out and we can travel once more.  We are booked for

July 19th  2021 from Italy.  We in our part of Florida seem to be doing well. Mask mandates have been lifted if you had your vaccination.  We were given a card with our information on it to carry with us. It is not a "passport" that some people are talking about, rather proof that you have been vaccinated.  Hope this will do...and we can once again travel and cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my state (PA) the governor has stated that we will follow the new CDC guidelines starting immediately for the fully vaccinated.  But so far everybody still seems to be wearing a mask.  We are about 45% fully vaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2021 at 3:26 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Our State (NY) seems to be 'following the science' at some distance...  [see the quote in my signature 😉]

I am in your neighboring state. The "gov" as he likes to be called, extended the state of emergency in our knucklehead state and said masks will stay on in indoor public areas. "Not where we want to be yet" says he!🙄

Dreaming of leaving for Florida!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went into a grocery store yesterday here in the Philly suburbs without a mask for the first time since March 2020.  It was liberating but it definitely felt a bit weird!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoyed  a short trip to Florida...very free feeling there but most still masking up at stores, etc,..Personal Responsibility and Respect by most...other than  party goers!   Went out to lunch, no one ( other than servers ) were in masks while dining or getting ice cream outdoors, or at the pool.

 

Economy seems vibrant..lots of new construction of  new homes, new stores.  ( growing shortages of building materials).   Existing homes sell in a few days for high prices. Lots of jobs..fewer takers if they are still on Covid stipends . Schools open,.,kids having fun outdoors! Folks flocking to Fla! 

 

Airports and planes were very crowded....masks required but folks were  too close to one another for it to matter much. It was a bit scary!

 

Back in NY,.  same as before.  Many folks can't wait to move away. Usual reasons of high taxes,  too many rules, inconsistent rules,  crime up, less $ for  police., empty storefronts,, feeling of general decline.   But on the other hand,  others are moving here from NYC , paying high prices, so it may balance out in the long run. 

 

We are doing okay..happy for warm weather!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All well here in the Fla Panhandle (referred to as ‘LA’ - Lower Alabama!). Warming up but still low humidity. Heck, cooler here than in the NE! My pool is now about 80deg so I can start swimming…..I’m a ‘true Floridian’ and can’t stand water below 80! 

 

Vaccinated; kids (all vaccinated) are visiting; we are traveling a bit; and I’m booking cruises!! And yes, didn’t wear a mask at the groceries and felt really funny. Put it back on when I realized all the workers were still masked up. 

 

Den

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my state all Covid restrictions are expired as of May 31.  Except masks for the non-vaccinated or for private entities (such as doctor's offices) that might still require them.  We have been going out to stores and indoor dining and everything else that now seems like "back to normal".  For those who still refuse to be vaccinated, try it you'll like it!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Alabama is going strong!  The last of the mask mandates was lifted April 9th and we're rockin n rollin!  Cannot wait for Sept and that beautiful ship and my upgraded drink pkg! 😄

Edited by cwayne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Mask restrictions finally lifted here in N.J.  I must admit, it felt a little weird the first time heading into a store without my mask!  I'd say it's probably 60-40 with 60% without their masks.  One woman in the store yesterday had her shield on over her mask...whatever makes you comfortable.  The Dr office still requires me to call from the parking lot, and wear my mask when called to come inside here in NJ.  For my Dr visits in Florida this Winter, with mask on, I could just walk into the offices there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, doctors offices are lagging behind on opening up fully here in NY also.  OTOH, it has become a pleasure [if that's possible] to visit my urologist because his notorious waiting room aka 'Hotel California' is now practically empty and you are called in right away.  I will gladly wear a mask for that 'concierge medicine' service!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As vaccine supply finally starts to catch up and 2nd shots become increasingly available, our July 31 shots are now rebooked for June 16. Needless to say, DW and I are really happy!  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Fouremco said:

As vaccine supply finally starts to catch up and 2nd shots become increasingly available, our July 31 shots are now rebooked for June 16. Needless to say, DW and I are really happy!  

I am willing to bet that the percentage of fully vaccinated in Canada will sometime later this year exceed the number in the USA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...