Something to make you smile

Just returned from the March 7, 2020 sailing and it was an adventure. Things were changing daily but all through the ordeal PG staff, crew and corporate made it the best it could be under the difficult situation. On Day 5 as we were heading to Bora Bora the ship was told to head directly to Papeete. So for 5 days we were in Papeete on our floating hotel. So we made lemonade from the lemon. Some days trips to Moorea and around Tahiti. We went places we've never seen in our 20+ trips to FP. We made an adventure out of it and though we didn't get to see some of the gems of Polynesia we did become more knowledgeable for sharing information with others. 

Here are a few pictures taken on Tahiti   .... I'll share more over the coming weeks so everyone can have a happy thought and keep dreaming/planning fort your next trip on our favorite little ship.

Taken at the Water Gardens

DSC06156.jpg

Another from the Water Gardens

DSC06157.jpg

Taken close to where Tahiti Nui meets Tahiti Iti 

DSC06165.jpg

Untouched Tahiti ... off the beaten trek

DSC06166.jpg

Taken on Tahiti Iti

DSC06186.jpg

Taken from our balcony  ..... beautiful clouds over Papeete

DSC06208.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna
  • Like 1

Ty for sharing, TBK. Good to know you are home safe and that you made the best of your trip even though it was curtailed somewhat. Let's face it, I can think of worse things than being stuck in Tahiti for a few days! 🙂 And it was nice you were able to take day trips to Moorea, too.

• Like 1

Beautiful pictures as usual TDK. We stayed 3 nights post cruise at the IC a few years ago, and rented a car for the day. We drove around Tahiti and stopped at the Water Gardens. It was very peaceful, with some beautiful flowers, that you've captured much better than I did. We drove out to Tahiti Iti, as far as we could on both sides, as well as to the highest point of Tahiti Iti which has a spectacular view. I would love to take an excursion on the roads that you can't drive on to the far coast of Tahiti Iti, as well as to the top of the highest part of Tahiti, which we were afraid to try.

We hung in until our Fiji to Bali trip was canceled, hoping that something would change for the better, and that we could still go. We were even expecting to be quarantined in Australia or LA on the way back, and were hoping it would be Sydney and not LA. We'll be booking another cruise with our FCC, and are looking forward to another PG cruise. We'll have some work to do to figure out how we can use air and hotel credits for Bali when we won't be going there, but we'll try to work out something. Currently, there's nothing open in Florida except for grocery stores, and they don't have much to sell. We're staying in our condo as much as possible as requested by our governor, so as soon as we hear what our flight and hotel credits are, we have plenty of time for planning.

It's good to know that PG took care of those of you who were on board the last cruise to sail, and that you were able to get home safely in these hard times.

1 hour ago, SWFLAOK said:

Beautiful pictures as usual TDK. We stayed 3 nights post cruise at the IC a few years ago, and rented a car for the day. We drove around Tahiti and stopped at the Water Gardens. It was very peaceful, with some beautiful flowers, that you've captured much better than I did. We drove out to Tahiti Iti, as far as we could on both sides, as well as to the highest point of Tahiti Iti which has a spectacular view. I would love to take an excursion on the roads that you can't drive on to the far coast of Tahiti Iti, as well as to the top of the highest part of Tahiti, which we were afraid to try.

We hung in until our Fiji to Bali trip was canceled, hoping that something would change for the better, and that we could still go. We were even expecting to be quarantined in Australia or LA on the way back, and were hoping it would be Sydney and not LA. We'll be booking another cruise with our FCC, and are looking forward to another PG cruise. We'll have some work to do to figure out how we can use air and hotel credits for Bali when we won't be going there, but we'll try to work out something. Currently, there's nothing open in Florida except for grocery stores, and they don't have much to sell. We're staying in our condo as much as possible as requested by our governor, so as soon as we hear what our flight and hotel credits are, we have plenty of time for planning.

It's good to know that PG took care of those of you who were on board the last cruise to sail, and that you were able to get home safely in these hard times.

Same here  .... shelves are a bit bare at the store but we are making do  .... heck, we even scored on a 30 count toilet paper at Costco on are way back from LAX 🙂

Thanks for the kudos on the pictures ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

TBK,

Your photos are stunning. Glad to hear that you made lemonade. 🙂 Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

I'm curious what PG's compensation was?

Let's just say a whole lot more than the cruise line you were going to be on  .... I was told by a few on the cruise ship you were going to be on what they received. PG really stepped up and though there was some disappointment with what happened because of the virus situation everyone understood and felt the cruise line did everything possible to make our time on-board pleasant to the end and the future cruise credit was everything you paid plus some extra ... 

Check your email

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

21 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

I think you all need some more happy pictures   ...

Taken on March 18, 2020 from the Intercontinental Tahiti Resort

DSC06325-2.jpg

We've stayed at the Intercontinental Tahiti quite a few times at the beginning and ending of cruises. I really like it. I felt a little sad that we wouldn't be staying there on our Fiji to Bali cruise. I love both pools, the view of Moorea, the great breakfast, and the lagoon. But now I have it to look forward to again next year.

And we've always enjoyed our lunches on Motus, especially with Patrick's tour; lobster, champagne, and delicious Tahitian dishes like chicken and greens, and banana cassava pudding.  We've experienced lunches on small islands in the Caribbean that were not always enjoyable, especially the time that rats came out of the brush to join us when the food was served.

Thanks again for the pictures.

• Like 1