MY FCC is gone...where did it go?

cruising deacon

This happened to me also today. The FCC was there earlier this week but gone today. I phoned Princess and they can still see it at their end and don't know why it is not showing in my account. They said when we are ready to book a new cruise to phone them if the credit is not available on-line and they can apply it.

I spoke to my online travel agent (who in turn called Princess) as I finally got a notification from my TA that my cruise was cancelled. It said I wasnt getting a refund..which is wrong. With both my TA and Princess on the phone the woman was brutally honest and said it was an absolute sh** show and their computer system isn’t cooperating. I had already filled out my form last week with a full refund and Princess (while on the phone) asked my TA to also fill it out again. I just got a second confirmation and they confirmed my form. 

I guess what I am getting to, after talking to Princess they are struggling a lot right now and their computers aren’t designed for this type of scenario and please be patient. She said it wasn’t as simple as hitting the “refund” button as a person must make sure everything balances out properly. She didn’t seem to indicate it was a completely automated process. 

It was actually refreshing that she was so upfront about the situation. She kindly asked we give them another chance and I said I was very proud of how Princess handled all of this and we would cruise with them next year. 
Anyway, take what the overworked princess CSR woman says with a grain of salt..this will all shake itself out eventually. 

• Like 4

P is having computer issues. I can't even get into my account. I find this fairly common immediately after P does a system maintenance or does repricing for a new sale, especially on the weekend. Typically by noon Monday everything should be back to normal.

7 hours ago, cruising deacon said:

It has now been 3 days since my FCC disappeared from my CC account.      IT IS STILL GONE

I guess it is HARD COME, EASY GO.

Call Princess, as the person above suggested Deacon

My 100%FCC appeared last Thursday, disappeared last Sat. and is still gone.

Will be calling Princess about these changes to my Account and Booking.

Appreciate hearing from otheres.

Edited by dog

3 hours ago, dog said:

My 100%FCC appeared last Thursday, disappeared last Sat. and is still gone.

Will be calling Princess about these changes to my Account and Booking.

Appreciate hearing from otheres.

I spoke to Princess agent just now. She sees the 100% FCC in my account on her screen.

I also spoke to a Princess Rep about my disappearing FCC -- he said the same thing -- he can see it on his screen. SO, I ASKED IF IT IS AVAILABLE TO BE USED FOR A FUTURE CRUISE ???  ANSWER WAS NO -- YOUR FCC IS CLOSED !! He had no idea what was happening -- suggested waiting and check back later.

O BOY   

2 hours ago, LAS!!1414 said:

I also spoke to a Princess Rep about my disappearing FCC -- he said the same thing -- he can see it on his screen. SO, I ASKED IF IT IS AVAILABLE TO BE USED FOR A FUTURE CRUISE ???  ANSWER WAS NO -- YOUR FCC IS CLOSED !! He had no idea what was happening -- suggested waiting and check back later.

O BOY   

That doesn't sound right. 

There was a glitch in the Princess system.  They paid the FCC in error, then took it back when the glitch was fixed.

The FCC is held in escrow until you pay off the balance owed toward a future cruise (balance minus FCC, final payment)..  It is not applied toward a new cruise deposit. 

Hope this answers the question.

1 minute ago, ram290 said:

There was a glitch in the Princess system.  They paid the FCC in error, then took it back when the glitch was fixed.

The FCC is held in escrow until you pay off the balance owed toward a future cruise (balance minus FCC, final payment)..  It is not applied toward a new cruise deposit. 

So we have to put down another deposit before we can book a cruise to use our FCC?  I hope the FCC 100% was truly that, including the deposit originally paid! Our TA will be  holding our 100.00 cancellation fee in escrow for the future cruise also.

Hoping that they will cancel and we can get the money back. Don't want to deal with FCCs.

28 minutes ago, ram290 said:

Huh? What does that mean? Like others, I had the FCC show up and disappear. I have several cruises booked with deposits paid. Does that mean I can use the FCC on those?

From the info Princess originally sent, if you make a new booking the option to use the FCC as payment will show. I tried that with a mock new booking. It never gave me the option to use an FCC.

47 minutes ago, ram290 said:

Do you work for Princess? Source?