Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

Just now, Copper10-8 said:

To think Rottie was in Puerto Vallarta not that long ago! She played a major part in this op

And without Rotterdam crowding on the Zaandam would have continued the spread of the virus as well as having fewer supplies and the toll would have been MUCH higher.  I think no more deaths since the rendezvous speaks to that.

Roy

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

Dont forget Rotterdam and Captain Albert. She's approaching the entrance channel.

they are both real life heros, as well as their entire crew who have endured this and provided for their guests  during unprecedented times.   I was able to intermittently get on the webcams, but now am unable to.  all the front line workers, from ships crew, air crew, and of course our hospital folks, first responders.  All are heros in unprecedented times. 

looking forward to seeing Rotterdam dock too.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, gatour said:

I am guessing that is was the Mayor of Fort Lauderdale, thus the "FL".  Counties in Florida do not have mayors, they have county commissions.  Just incorporated cities and towns have mayors

Wrong. Some counties do have mayors. Orange County also has a mayor, Orlando is in Orange County. The recent news conferences have been led by Orange County Mayor Deming and Orlando Mayor Dyer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gatour said:

I am guessing that is was the Mayor of Fort Lauderdale, thus the "FL".  Counties in Florida do not have mayors, they have county commissions.  Just incorporated cities and towns have mayors

Broward county does have a mayor and commissioners.  I can’t explain why.

• Like 1

Just now, Cruise Suzy said:

Wrong. Some counties do have mayors. Orange County also has a mayor, Orlando is in Orange County. The recent news conferences have been led by Orange County Mayor Deming and Orlando Mayor Dyer.

Correct. Fort Lauderdale has a mayor and so does Broward county. When there are are disagreements, they fight it out in the Octogon.

• Like 1