Jump to content

Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)


Recommended Posts

Just now, Vict0riann said:

Waffling...

It's just Government.......making sausage.   It will happen we still need the final plan from CCL

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Commissioner Bogen just doesn't get it - the majority of those ships have been at anchor for some time

I know...they even said those ships were just rotating in and out for provisions. No passengers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the bottom line; Zaandam and Rotterdam are scheduled off FLL on Thursday and they're waiting for a vote until the County Attorney has drafted a plan/contract that they can sign off on along with "several other entities that comprise the unified command"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

So the bottom line; Zaandam and Rotterdam are scheduled off FLL on Thursday and they're waiting for a vote until the County Attorney has drafted a plan/contract that they can sign off on along with "several other entities that comprise the unified command"

And they want a unanimous vote?

 

Sounds like they are going to wait for Thursday morning to vote.

Edited by Vict0riann
Link to post
Share on other sites

I give the Commissioners a ton of credit.  I do not know of any other port in the world who lined up to help.

 

While Florida has been bashed all over the place on this thread you may want to ask yourself has the port closest to me offered to help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ajstahle said:

The meeting just ended, but I missed most of the discussion.  Got a feeling they agreed to let the ships come in?

 

 

Not yet, more work to do

Link to post
Share on other sites

They did not, but they will. They just want the cover of an attorney prepared contract/plan to which the parties agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DFD1 said:

They did not, but they will. They just want the cover of an attorney prepared contract/plan to which the parties agree.

 

The can has indeed been kicked to an attorney.  As a lawyer myself, I've seen this scenario play out dozens and dozens of times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to essentially all of the Broward County meeting and in summary they deferred action on the HAL ships until Thursday morning.  The so called Unified Command will have to "agree" on what's next.  The ships may be offshore FLL on Thursday but it seems unlikely that they will disembark pax/crew then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluesea321 said:

I listened to essentially all of the Broward County meeting and in summary they deferred action on the HAL ships until Thursday morning.  The so called Unified Command will have to "agree" on what's next.  The ships may be offshore FLL on Thursday but it seems unlikely that they will disembark pax/crew then.

And then other countries will have to have time to organize charter flights to take their countrymen home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is evident from the tone of the meeting that the commission wants to make this happen. However, they have some time and they want to use that time to create a situation that takes away most, if not all, of the political risk.


The way to do that is turn it over to the attorney.

 

Nothing new about this.....after all, they are politicians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CCHelp changed the title to Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)
  • CCHelp locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...