Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

6 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

But whey do they need to be flashing all their lights already?  Latest info is 4:00 pm for Zaandam, 4:30 for Rotterdam.

Broward County Sheriff seems to have a policy to do just that. On "normal" days inside Port Everglades, the BCO vehicles involved in fixed post traffic control are stationary with their light bars on. More visibility so someone with HUA doesn't drive in to them 😉 

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sorry, I was posting a response to your post #2128 from 8 minutes ago, where you wondered if any were Floridians.  I must have misunderstood.

Yes I asked  how many of the critical were  Floridians?

Not how many by Nationality

4 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

But whey do they need to be flashing all their lights already?  Latest info is 4:00 pm for Zaandam, 4:30 for Rotterdam.

I wonder about that, too...I understand the need when they are moving, in a hurry, but why when so many of them are just parked for hours?   

This is not the only time for this, so could be just protocol for when "on an emergency case"?

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Broward County Sheriff seems to have a policy to do just that. On "normal" days inside Port Everglades, the BCO vehicles involved in fixed post traffic control are stationary with their light bars on. More visibility so someone with HUA doesn't drive in to them 😉 

thank you.

3 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

I'd like to think those flashing lights are "help."  I fear they are police whose job it is to intimidate and make passengers feel unwanted.  

I'll drink what you're drinking!

• Haha 2

Just now, LHT28 said:

Yes I asked  how many of the critical were  Floridians?

Not how many by Nationality

I did misunderstand. Sorry. I thought you were asking if any of the passengers were Floridians.  I just threw in the other info as an FYI.

I figured if my own Governor did not know there were Floridians on board it was very plausible for someone else not to know.

ok, I am going back to watching & waiting.

• Haha 1

Just now, mudscraper said:

I'll drink what you're drinking!

I think we will all be drinking once both of these ships are in and docked. Then FINALLY everyone can start to get off so they can get home however it may be.

5 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I had to look up HUA, lol.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I wonder about that, too...I understand the need when they are moving, in a hurry, but why when so many of them are just parked for hours?   

This is not the only time for this, so could be just protocol for when "on an emergency case"?

Copper answered your question just above - post #2154.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Folks, I don't think those are flashing emergency lights.  If so, they would be some of the brightest lights I've ever seen.  I believe the sun's reflection is playing tricks on us. 

I've never seen the sun's reflection off a vehicle appear to be flashing back and forth. Look at the live feed and you'll see these are clearly flashing lights.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

It appears that they have turned toward Port Everglades but are still about 15 miles out.

image.png.75df2e3fcbe728defa2ca4c28c7368b3.png

They've been there before Brian, they've been in a racetrack holding pattern - hoping you are right

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigJohnL said:

I've never seen the sun's reflection off a vehicle appear to be flashing back and forth. Look at the live feed and you'll see these are clearly flashing lights.

Sorry, but I disagree.  I really do think those are sun reflections.  Those cars are sitting inside a fenced area and appear to be either just offloaded, or waiting to load a car carrier. 

Every once and a while, you see a car drive out to the end of the pier closest to the camera.  I believe its pier 23. When the sun hits the windshield just right, it makes the same bright white flashing pattern.

Edited by Aquahound

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

FYI - There won't be any "official notice that they are docking today" until Broward County changes the approval from "conditional" to "go for it" so, at this point, no reason to give everyone onboard those two ships more false hope

Copper, I believe their friend on board is Seth Wayne , the HAL Brand Ambassador. 
Surely, he’s in the loop 😀