Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

19 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Folks, I don't think those are flashing emergency lights.  If so, they would be some of the brightest lights I've ever seen.  I believe the sun's reflection is playing tricks on us. 

I'm with you on this one, Aquahound.  I just saw vehicle drive through an underpass and the "lights" disappeared. Flashing started when the sun hit the windshield again. (sun+heatwaves?)

Edited by ShipWalker
1 minute ago, VermeulT said:

My Port Everglades webcam keeps going to black after :15 seconds.  Anyone else ever have this problem?

I had that all the time until I turned off my ad blocker (I'm on my PC). I found that in the help section.

1 minute ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I am back.

Time on the schedule now shows 4:30 and 5 -- looks as though it will be a guessing game as to when the ships finally arrive.

I'll be needing a glass of wine during Happy Hour today!  

10 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

Is there a link to be able to live stream this meeting? Although it may be too late and not worth it.

To what meeting are you referring?  Unified Command or Broward County Commission?

I don't think either of those are having a public meeting today.

7 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Sorry, but I disagree.  I really do think those are sun reflections.  Those cars are sitting inside a fenced area and appear to be either just offloaded, or waiting to load a car carrier. 

Every once and a while, you see a car drive out to the end of the pier closest to the camera.  I believe its pier 23. When the sun hits the windshield just right, it makes the same bright white flashing pattern.

I distinctly saw flashing lights on the far line of cars, but I do think it was reflection on the line of cars closer to the cam.

2 minutes ago, sansterre said:

To what meeting are you referring?  Unified Command or Broward County Commission?

I don't think either of those are having a public meeting today.

Some here were talking like they were listening in on or watching a meeting  on line that was going on to finalize everything for the ships to come in. Sorry for the double post.

9 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

I'm with you on this one, Aquahound.  I just saw vehicle drive through an underpass and the "lights" disappeared. Flashing started when the sun hit the windshield again. (sun+heatwaves?)

Thank you. I'm absolutely certain now that what everyone was (and is) seeing was sun reflection. 

Edited by Aquahound
Just now, PeaceAnd said:

Can someone tell me what will happen to the "healthy" crew members of the Rotterdam?

Probably stay on the ship at anchor, except for those members who were due to rotate home.  Aren't all the ships keeping the crews on board during this period?

1 minute ago, PeaceAnd said:

Can someone tell me what will happen to the "healthy" crew members of the Rotterdam?

The crew members on the cruise ships all seem to be staying on board until their contracts end.  Then, at a time when the ship comes in to re-provision, they go home.