Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

9 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

There are two "pods" of cruise ships anchored out between Florida and the Bahamas and many others sailing arund.

image.png.eed03c1f51683043277c56d656527f9d.png

This will be fun once tropical storm season starts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sansterre said:

I've had a cold and qualified for COVID drive-thru testing so had that done on 3/20.

Just got the results today (13 days later).  I'm negative for COVID.  Hope you are ok too.

Note:  the Zaandam has had better tests for COVID than the state of Florida

Happy it turned out well for you.  It must have been a difficult wait.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tgsul09 said:

Port website show confirmed times for both ships.  15:30 for Zaandam and 16:00 for Rotterdam.  Both showing schedules departure tonight.

Just found the confirmed also but the departures are pretty unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, tgsul09 said:

Port website show confirmed times for both ships.  15:30 for Zaandam and 16:00 for Rotterdam.  Both showing schedules departure tonight.

The sooner they get here the better.  People have been on the ships for too long already.  Be safe. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sansterre said:

Yes, this article is more accurate and informative than most have been.

Thank you for posting it.

I think the article is nothing more than a recap of all the other press releases that we have read over the last few days, so I don't know that it is more accurate.  It simply encapsulates into one piece what we all have been reading.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sansterre said:

I've had a cold and qualified for COVID drive-thru testing so had that done on 3/20.

Just got the results today (13 days later).  I'm negative for COVID.  Hope you are ok too.

Note:  the Zaandam has had better tests for COVID than the state of Florida

Glad it didn't turn out to be anything more.  We're doing fine, hunkered down in our house except for when we go out walking with the dog.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tampa Girl said:

I think the article is nothing more than a recap of all the other press releases that we have read over the last few days, so I don't know that it is more accurate.  It simply encapsulates into one piece what we all have been reading.

It was heartbreaking, though -- that's why I posted it.

46 minutes ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Hi Dave, thank you for posting this article...…….I agree with the folks interviewed----what are we becoming? :classic_angry:…….does human compassion not count anymore?

I remember hearing stories from my parents about the boats of people

denied entry in WWII...……:classic_sad:….OMG People...….get a grip!!!!!!!!!!! Step Up to the plate!!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Dave, thank you for posting this article...…….I agree with the writer----what are we becoming? :classic_angry:…….does

human compassion not count for anything? I remember hearing stories from my parents about the boats of people

denied entry in WWII...……:classic_sad:….OMG People...….get a grip!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the St Louis, all those passengers ultimately ended up back in Germany and sent to Concentration Camps and only a few survived the war. 

• Like 1

If you're tired of speculating about ships' positions and flashing lights, perhaps you could turn your thoughts and prayers to our friends Bill and Gloria Weed.  They're passengers on the Zaandam.

Both have had fever for days. Bill now has pneumonia. He can't swallow, so he hasn't been able to eat for several days. He can't take oral medicine.

His daughters hope he can hold on long enough to get treatment.

I think Bill and Gloria would be happy to be "dumped" in Florida because that is where they live!

Please take a few moments to think about them, confined to their cabin, with no fresh air, and holding on to hope.

• Like 26

2 minutes ago, tgg said:

If you're tired of speculating about ships' positions and flashing lights, perhaps you could turn your thoughts and prayers to our friends Bill and Gloria Weed.  They're passengers on the Zaandam.

Both have had fever for days. Bill now has pneumonia. He can't swallow, so he hasn't been able to eat for several days. He can't take oral medicine.

His daughters hope he can hold on long enough to get treatment.

I think Bill and Gloria would be happy to be "dumped" in Florida because that is where they live!

Please take a few moments to think about them, confined to their cabin, with no fresh air, and holding on to hope.

Praying for Bill & Gloria. And no one currently posting ever used that most hateful verb when discussing the plight of these ships. 

We are with you in spirit.

• Like 7