How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

I was at one of the Westfield's yesterday and it was chaos as loads of people were madly doing Mother's Day gift shopping.  Last time it was that busy was before the shutdown.  The shops themselves were abiding by the rules but It was hard to keep the social distance between shops because of the crowds. Seemed it was similarly crowded in other suburbs.

11 hours ago, Host Bonjour said:

I a few maestros might let a cautious smile slip by (including Luciano, as it's his signature aria) after viewing this, now that several weeks have gone by and especially since one of the grandest palaces of opera, La Scala, has been shuttered for awhile and likely won't reopen anytime soon. It was something to see Andrea Bocelli sing alone in and outside of La Duomo in Milano. 

Great share, all of you have been sharing wonderful things. Thank you so much. I am looking for Aussie tv recommendations. Mr Gut, Kiwi, Docker, Mic, possum, what say you? I have an Aussie colleague but I think they watch a lot of Aussie kids shows...4 year olds run things!

Keep well and safe everyone, hang in there.  🙂 

Mystery Road is a great Australian drama with great scenery.  Season 1 was filmed in North Western WA.  Highly recommend.  There are also 2 movies (which I haven't seen) and Season 2 is currently being screened which was filmed in Broome.

@Host BonjourTotal Control is quite good. Glitch if you can get your hands on it. I really enjoyed A Place To Call Home when it was on. A lot of people seem to enjoy Offspring and I do think it improved after season 1. Five Bedrooms is a new show that is I think is interesting. Doctor Doctor is a bit of a soapy show but with very compelling characters. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

This last two weeks have been a mixture of emotions for me. One is sadness due seeing the effect of lack of cohesive leadership and it's toll on our north American friends. Am I being pessimistic on their future? I see no happy outcome. I truly despair for their future. In December I was planning and looking forward to spending a week or two in New York but now I have no idea when that will happen.

Another is the passing of two very good friends (not Covid related) and not being able to attend their funeral and having to wait until some kind of memorial event takes place, one locally and the other in Canberra.

3 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

This last two weeks have been a mixture of emotions for me. One is sadness due seeing the effect of lack of cohesive leadership and it's toll on our north American friends. Am I being pessimistic on their future? I see no happy outcome. I truly despair for their future. In December I was planning and looking forward to spending a week or two in New York but now I have no idea when that will happen.

Another is the passing of two very good friends (not Covid related) and not being able to attend their funeral and having to wait until some kind of memorial event takes place, one locally and the other in Canberra.

Commiserations for you loss and grieving.

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Mystery Road is a great Australian drama with great scenery.  Season 1 was filmed in North Western WA.  Highly recommend.  There are also 2 movies (which I haven't seen) and Season 2 is currently being screened which was filmed in Broome.

Mystery Road has a vote from me plus Doctor Doctor and A Place to Call Home. Another series we enjoyed was Secret City, mainly set in Canberra.

Leigh

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Because the states have so much control on dealing with the pandemic it probably means that progression of the infection will be uneven, with some states flattening the curve while others take Sweden's approach and let it slowly infect everyone. Without uniformity it will take a longer time for their epidemic to finish so I suspect USA will be on the Do Not Travel list for a long time😳

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss your two friends. I agree with you about the US, the future looks very grim.

Leigh

20 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Monday afternoon , 4 pm  , Jacinda will make the much anticipated announcement about when and if we move to Level 2 in NZ .

We are more than ready for it now as it would mean shops could open again and business would be back to almost normal .

YAY......Just announced.   ...We are being let out on Thursday. All shops cafes restaurants and bars can reopen .

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

YAY......Just announced.   ...We are being let out on Thursday. All shops cafes restaurants and bars can reopen .

Great, you can now go out and OD on flat whites.😂

On 5/11/2020 at 2:11 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

How are you enjoying Level 2, David?  Enjoy your coffee in proper cups!

Sad news.  My friend who was on a ventilator in NY has died.  I am pleased we shared happy memories the last time we were together when we had dinner and saw a show in Times Square.  Whenever we were in NY at Christmas, we would spend it with this friend, who loved nothing better than Christmas decorating and preparing Christmas feasts for her friends.  She will be missed, especially a Christmas. 

48 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sad news.  My friend who was on a ventilator in NY has died.  I am pleased we shared happy memories the last time we were together when we had dinner and saw a show in Times Square.  Whenever we were in NY at Christmas, we would spend it with this friend, who loved nothing better than Christmas decorating and preparing Christmas feasts for her friends.  She will be missed, especially a Christmas. 

I'm so sorry to hear that. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}. At least you have those treasured memories to remember her by.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 2:27 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

..........and drink out of a propa cup

It is great you can go to your favourite café and drink out of a propa cup, but you probably won't be able to read a newspaper provided by the café.   You may need to buy and take your own!   The magazines were missing at the hairdressers.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

So sorry to hear your sad news

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Sorry to hear that news. All the numbers of deaths just become numbing after a time, but these are people that are passing away.

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That is so sad. My commiserations. 🙏

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Sorry to hear this news Marion. 😪 I have an elderly relative in the UK who has been very ill with Covid 19 but is hanging in there. 

Leigh

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Just to let you all know that Mary has passed as well. Condolences to Uncle Les and his family.

She passed on Mother's day.

Oh no! Please pass on my condolences to Les. Also tell him we miss him here and would love to see him back again once he feels like it.

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Just to let you all know that Mary has passed as well. Condolences to Uncle Les and his family.

She passed on Mother's day.

Sorry to hear of the passing of Uncle Les's wife, Mary.  Sincerest condolences to him and his family.  Her passing on Mother's Day adds another level of sadness.  2020 hasn't been a good year for the family.