How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

9 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

On Monday the NZ cabinet will decide if we go to level 1 from level 2. This decision is a foregone conclusion as we have had no new cases for 12 days and the medicos have agreed that community transference or whatever it is called is a non event. We will be in Level 1 by Wednesday next week. Level 1 for us is everything is back to normal except the border remains closed. The decision is purely political now with an election in September. Stay in level 2 and the Govt is toast

Looking forward to Level 1 .Everything back to normal except border control .  ALL arrivals in NZ , as well as normal 14 day quarantine , will be Covoid tested from next Monday .

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Looking forward to Level 1 .Everything back to normal except border control .  ALL arrivals in NZ , as well as normal 14 day quarantine , will be Covoid tested from next Monday .

Great way to start off, next step opening up to specific countries.

On 5/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, MMDown Under said:

Today was too perfect to waste - 24c warm, with beautiful blue cloudless sky.  So we went on a drive to Mount Tamborine for the first time for a long time.  We drove to the lookouts with spectacular views of the Gold Coast, and drove around the old parts of the Mountain, with beautiful big trees and gardens.  After pies and mushy peas from the bakery for lunch, we spent several hours watching the paragliders take off from the mountain top, next to us.  I've never seen so many, so guess the wind conditions must have been perfect for them.  On the way back off the mountain, we bought a beautiful bunch of wildflowers, pumpkin, white onions, yellow kiwi fruit, and avocados from roadside stalls.  

Mt. Tambourine is beautiful sounds like you had a lovely day.

We set off in our van this week after being set free to leisure travel in QLD. Not a cruise but my equal favorite thing to do.

Loving QLD for Queenslanders usually all along the east coast everywhere is packed out by southerners, no need to even book ahead. 

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

We set off in our van this week after being set free to leisure travel in QLD. Not a cruise but my equal favorite thing to do.

Loving QLD for Queenslanders usually all along the east coast everywhere is packed out by southerners, no need to even book ahead. 

Enjoy your leisure trip in Queensland, without the need to book ahead.  We are planning a trip in Old. also this month.  I suspect a lot of Queenslanders will be joining us, as this is a lovely time of year for travel. 

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Enjoy your leisure trip in Queensland, without the need to book ahead.  We are planning a trip in Old. also this month.  I suspect a lot of Queenslanders will be joining us, as this is a lovely time of year for travel. 

Thank you, we will certainly enjoy seeing some of our own state for a change, we never had a chance of getting in anywhere before. 

It's certainly the best time of year to travel in QLD.  We only found out we were free to travel Sunday night, so we prepared quickly 😄

It is appealing to have a trip at your own pace with a van.

We used to do that but no longer have 1.

Still locked in state wise but that may change.

We like tassie for local trips, love the scenery and food.

Also victoria has a lot of beauty spots including the snow/high country.

Venturing out will be better once things return to eating out without the restrictions.

Strange that some places you can eat in and others not.

Too cold some days to sit outside. But I know that was/is common in Europe with rugs provided.

Alarmed by the mass demonstrations and hope no one is injured or infected.

We are living in strange times.

Had some tranquil moments choosing lovely new plants for the garden and generally tidying things up outside. Pleasure to look at and calming in the chaos.

NZ hears today if and when we go to Level 1 . 
I think most have anticipated the move and were out in force over the weekend  . Saturday afternoon at the local Mall was so busy , it felt like the week before Christmas 😉🎄 😳

1 hour ago, cruisine21 said:

We were at Braidwood yesterday and it was packed with tourists. No social distancing on the kids playground.

That is a fantastic playground but I fear some people have gone crazy with the freedom. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

7 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

NZ hears today if and when we go to Level 1 . 
I think most have anticipated the move and were out in force over the weekend  . Saturday afternoon at the local Mall was so busy , it felt like the week before Christmas 😉🎄 😳

We are free 

We are free

just announced by Jacinda . We go to level 1 at midnight tonight . Most thought it would be Wed , but the virus has been eliminated in NZ and there are not any current cases.

However , there is still the threat that it may arise again ,if introduced ,  so the border remain s closed and quarantined, and legislation still in place  to enable a lockdown again if needed.

• Like 5

We are free 

We are free

just announced by Jacinda . We go to level 1 at midnight tonight . Most thought it would be Wed , but the virus has been eliminated in NZ and there are not any current cases.

However , there is still the threat that it may arise again ,if introduced ,  so the border remain s closed and quarantined, and legislation still in place  to enable a lockdown again if needed.

Congratulations NZ.  Well done to all Kiwis.

Enjoy your freedom from the virus.  I hope it lasts!  You all deserve it!

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Congratulations NZ.  Well done to all Kiwis.

Enjoy your freedom from the virus.  I hope it lasts!  You all deserve it!

Thanks ...time will tell . What we want now is for Australia to go free and we can open up that Trans Tasman bubble. 
I heard today that the Govt is thinking about giving subsidies to the airlines . I think the economy would benefit much more if subsidies were given to the “travelling public” as that would inject business into the whole market.

Do seniors still get a free return rail trip in Australia these days ?

21 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Thanks ...time will tell . What we want now is for Australia to go free and we can open up that Trans Tasman bubble. 
I heard today that the Govt is thinking about giving subsidies to the airlines . I think the economy would benefit much more if subsidies were given to the “travelling public” as that would inject business into the whole market.

Would be a good idea if the travelling public were given discount flights to encourage travel, when flights resume within the Trans Tasman Bubble.  

NSW is trialing a new $250 Regional Senior Travel Card. The prepaid card will let seniors in regional and remote areas buy fuel, use taxi services or book a NSW Trainlink fare. Source

We also have a  $2.50 all day travel with the Country Pensioner Excursion ticket for eligible seniors in NSW.

It pays to live outside the big smoke.😉

47 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

NSW is trialing a new $250 Regional Senior Travel Card. The prepaid card will let seniors in regional and remote areas buy fuel, use taxi services or book a NSW Trainlink fare. Source

We also have a  $2.50 all day travel with the Country Pensioner Excursion ticket for eligible seniors in NSW.

It pays to live outside the big smoke.😉

We also get 4 free economy class train journeys within the state, a return trip counts as 2 journeys. Class upgrade requires a smallish payment. The $2.50 a day travel was on before the Travel Card.

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

We are free 

We are free

Good stuff, we were doing well here in the ACT but have just had an international diplomat come in and present with Covid.

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

It seems to be waning worldwide .

Perhaps it’s done it’s course.....hopefully.

Not sure "waning" is the right word.

More that politicians and business people are keen to get their economies running again.

Just one example:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/06/08/texas-sets-new-high-for-coronavirus-hospitalizations/#2b066c05361f

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

"Health experts have warned that rises in infections and hospitalizations from large gatherings likely wouldn’t be reflected in data for at least two weeks."

This has Australian health authorities concerned about the BLM rallies in Australia over the weekend. It would be sad if all the sacrifices made to flatten the curve are undone and the curve goes up. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

Not sure "waning" is the right word.

More that politicians and business people are keen to get their economies running again.

Just one example:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/06/08/texas-sets-new-high-for-coronavirus-hospitalizations/#2b066c05361f

and they need to , to prevent this

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/24/business/buying-used-rental-cars/index.html

the hurt has only just started ,