How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think it was to be expected, that is how all the cases came (to Australia or NZ) in the first place.

The issue here is that these two ladies were permitted to drive from Auckland to Wellington before they completed the compulsory 14 day isolation. It is reported that they had no contact with anyone during the drive. This is BS to the highest extreme 

5 minutes ago, Beanb41 said:

The issue here is that these two ladies were permitted to drive from Auckland to Wellington before they completed the compulsory 14 day isolation. It is reported that they had no contact with anyone during the drive. This is BS to the highest extreme 

yep, there are rules for some and then there are everyone else. this is why suppression is the best that can be hoped for until a vaccine is available and the virus hasn't mutated.

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

On our trips to UK, I always found that Marks and Sparks were a little pricey, certainly decent quality.  I would think their on line prices reflect on their store prices.

Personally I am more a Lowes or Harris Scarfe man.  Some bargains often to be found in those establishments.lowes.jpg.50cf804720ca5392de41065df0a9a206.jpg 

27 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think most of my new clothes that I have bought over the last 20 years come Sportsman's Warehouse, Target, Connor's or Lowes supply most of my clothes. Not that I buy much. I seem to get most new items as gifts.

It is far, far easier for men to find good quality, reasonably priced clothing in a sensible ranges of sizes here.

There is very little quality stuff in women's clothing in what I call wardrobe basics - plain tshirts, polo shirts, cotton ornlinen pants. It's all current fashion stuff and usually only up to size 12 or 14 - the average in Australia is size 16. They all seem to target the teens to 35yo age range.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

11 minutes ago, Beanb41 said:

That's self-isolation not quarantine though. In Australia overseas arrivals have to spend 14 days quarantined in a hotel before they can go home. The government has beeb paying fir the hotel stays up to now.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's self-isolation not quarantine though. In Australia overseas arrivals have to spend 14 days quarantined in a hotel before they can go home. The government has beeb paying fir the hotel stays up to now.

not always, we had our last case here in the ACT, flew into Sydney, hired a car, drove to Canberra, reported being sick a week later and had COVID.

He was a diplomat from one of the embassy's and you cannot tell me he didn't go near anyone in the time he arrived to the time he reported.

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

autograph, be me and millar's do okay

Millars are OK, some of their stuff is not good quality though and the cuts don't always suit my body shape. I haven't seen the other brands locally.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's what we thought too, but they were released after SIX days. Talk back has gone off and rightly so. We have been denied access to funerals but foreigners  have been granted exemptions. It is not on

28 minutes ago, Beanb41 said:

That's what we thought too, but they were released after SIX days. Talk back has gone off and rightly so. We have been denied access to funerals but foreigners  have been granted exemptions. It is not on

The two hosts on afternoon ZB talk back said they have never had so many text messages.

Border control will have to become stricter.

45 minutes ago, Beanb41 said:

We totally agree.

I buy most of my clothes especially work clothes from Target.  Surprisingly, our local store is not in the first round of store closures.  This surprises me because whenever I go, the store is pretty much empty of customers and the items I have purchased have been marked down when I scan them at the register. The last couple of shops I have done, I have paid just $5 per item of clothing.

I tend to purchase my clothes from Myer when on sale. Don't know the last time I paid full price. I know the brands and sizing so I am comfortable buying online. Millers even if they have my size don't always suit my body shape. I ordered once from Ezibuy and the fit was terrible. Fortunately I was able to give the top to a work mate. Autograph are miles too long and never fit me properly. Made for tall women.

My husband buys from Lowes quite often. 

Leigh

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

As said above they were in a Govt Isolation controlled hotel, the Ibis at Ellerslie , but were granted compassionate leave after 6 days to visit a die go relative  . Its been announced tonight that compassionate grounds will no longer  qualify .

24 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I tend to purchase my clothes from Myer when on sale. Don't know the last time I paid full price. I know the brands and sizing so I am comfortable buying online. Millers even if they have my size don't always suit my body shape. I ordered once from Ezibuy and the fit was terrible. Fortunately I was able to give the top to a work mate. Autograph are miles too long and never fit me properly. Made for tall women.

My husband buys from Lowes quite often. 

Leigh

Myers seem to have less and less things that I like, although I did find some beige linen beach pants this summer that are great, especially as M&S haven't had the beige colour for a while. Myers seems to mostly have Taking Shape stuff these days and most of that brand doesn't suit me. The brands I used to buy seem to have disappeared. David Jones is even worse.

A lot of the plus size clothing in Australia is very long unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Myers seem to have less and less things that I like, although I did find some beige linen beach pants this summer that are great, especially as M&S haven't had the beige colour for a while. Myers seems to mostly have Taking Shape stuff these days and most of that brand doesn't suit me. The brands I used to buy seem to have disappeared. David Jones is even worse.

A lot of the plus size clothing in Australia is very long unfortunately. 

I bought a roll neck jumper from Myer a few weeks ago, it is long but that I don't mind as I can wear it with leggings easily. I tend to buy Regatta Woman  and Basque Woman garments from Myer. The T S stuff doesn't suit me either.

Leigh

3 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

Exemptions granted for people coming in to work on movies, America's Cup personnel & two ladies in car! 😮

15 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I bought a roll neck jumper from Myer a few weeks ago, it is long but that I don't mind as I can wear it with leggings easily. I tend to buy Regatta Woman  and Basque Woman garments from Myer. The T S stuff doesn't suit me either.

Leigh

My nearest Myer has very little Regatta or Basque in stock. Occasionally I come across something though. Admittedly I don't look there as often as I used to since I get so much from M&S these days. And my cruise eveningwear wardrobe got a massive refresh when I went to the US mainland in 2018 and Hawaii last year, so I'm set for a few years now.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My nearest Myer has very little Regatta or Basque in stock. Occasionally I come across something though. Admittedly I don't look there as often as I used to since I get so much from M&S these days. And my cruise eveningwear wardrobe got a massive refresh when I went to the US mainland in 2018 and Hawaii last year, so I'm set for a few years now.

When I was in Hawaii, I ran into ladies from cruise ships at the Op Shop.  They said they buy all their cruise gear there because they don't need colourful casual summer gear in Canada.  Great idea.  I bought some unique clothes for myself.

• Like 1

I just went to Macy's. It only took about 30 minutes, including trying on time, to blow out my budget. 🤣 Since I'd already sussed out the US brands the previous year I knew exactly what I was looking for, and what to avoid. Some of the tops I'd bought initially didn't wear well, they were polyester knit which snagged and pilled. Very disappointing. But the Michael Kors tops are lovely. A much nicer fabric, crushproof, and very lightweight. I now have four! 

For some reason I never have much luck in op shops.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Exemptions granted for people coming in to work on movies, America's Cup personnel & two ladies in car! 😮

The issue is that they weren't tested before being let out , the left before 14 days were up, the person they were going to see died before they were let out new zealanders over the past 3 months were denied such privileges and to top it off such exemptions have now been stopped by the govt because they wete wrong. It's not surprising that the two ladies have gone to ground. The  reports are that they hid symptoms on arrival in NZ as well. Close the borders until it can be proven that those coming are virus free and as a perk for coming here they pay for their quarantine not the NZ taxpayer

19 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I buy beautiful cotton nightwear from David Nieper in the UK. Expensive as hell but beautifully comfortable. I found it impossible to get what I wanted anywhere in Australia, in stores or online, so eventually found David Nieper online, and I've been buying their nightwear ever since. I can get exactly what I want, in pure cotton, fine woven cotton for summer and cotton jersey for winter, all short sleeves (but they have long sleeved items as well) and there is usually a choice of lengths.

What a lovely website. Just got hooked by it and looking forward to some soft cotton sleepwear.

I have always had trouble buying clothes, online even more so, I will never understand how I can have shirts ranging from xl to 7xl that fit the same,

Now I but casual gear at Rivers, better stuff at Johnny Big, funny enough sizes from either are pretty much the same. Now and then I will still grab something from Lowe’s.