How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not seen them, have to look. Tried other gf beers, oBriens and hahn make one, not to my taste test. The obriens gf is $80 a carton, not worth it.

$80 for a case of 16.

Reported very good.

Just looking at gluten free here Uncle Les, it's about $15.00 for half dozen 330 ml or 355 ml. There is also 2 brands at $15.00 for four 475 ml. My house beer Sleemans Honey Brown is not GF and is priced at $12.79 for a half dozen 341 ml

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

$80 for a case of 16.

Reported very good.

I might check out Uncle Dan's.  Due for a visit next week to get some more medicine. Dans would be busy today with the Rissole closed until Tuesday re Covid, drinkers getting takeaways. The Golfie and pubs are still open though. pinot.jpg.06374ea0ee22e7f22ebb5a49adcf3da3.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Just looking at gluten free here Uncle Les, it's about $15.00 for half dozen 330 ml or 355 ml. There is also 2 brands at $15.00 for four 475 ml. My house beer Sleemans Honey Brown is not GF and is priced at $12.79 for a half dozen 341 ml

Your beer prices are just slightly below ours Lyle, but not a lot in it. Aldi has cheaper beer, some people are quite happy with the Aldi beer, some of it is made in NZ, others from Europe.

Edited by NSWP

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I might check out Uncle Dan's.  Due for a visit next week to get some more medicine. Dans would be busy today with the Rissole closed until Tuesday re Covid, drinkers getting takeaways. The Golfie and pubs are still open though. pinot.jpg.06374ea0ee22e7f22ebb5a49adcf3da3.jpg

It might be worth wearing a mask if Dan's is crowded. Just in case.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Best to steer clear of anywhere with crowds on weekends.  Sorry to hear Batesman Bay had someone visit with the virus.  Does that mean it will now be a trouble spot, so you won't be able to visit Queensland?

58 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Best to steer clear of anywhere with crowds on weekends.  Sorry to hear Batesman Bay had someone visit with the virus.  Does that mean it will now be a trouble spot, so you won't be able to visit Queensland?

Not declared a hot spot.  Not going to Qld for a while now anyway, who wants to wait a couple of hours at the NSW/Qld border.  Not this little black duck.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It might be worth wearing a mask if Dan's is crowded. Just in case.

Perhaps I should click and collect ?   But I like to walk the aisles in Dan's like the proverbial kid in a lolly shop.😵 

Time to hit the golfie for lunch, then I won't need to cook dinner.  I will just avid anyone who looks like they are from Victoria, Sydney or ACT, which is almost everyone.   The locals are bunkered down or waiting in the 4 hour queue at the pop up drive in covid testing station in the Hanging Rock Library car park.il_340x270.2417639593_bnrd.jpg.92b481cc31f100611492ad2fb508fe2b.jpg

Edited by NSWP

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Perhaps I should click and collect ?   But I like to walk the aisles in Dan's like the proverbial kid in a lolly shop.😵 

I know what you mean. Buying online isn't as much fun but is useful occasionally. I find we tend to try new wines more when we actually go to Dans. It's too easy to stick to the tried and true when buying online.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Not declared a hot spot.  Not going to Qld for a while now anyway, who wants to wait a couple of hours at the NSW/Qld border.  Not this little black duck.

It is much quicker now.  The recent delays were because the Government introduced changes that people couldn't come from certain NSW hotspots, after visitors had completed old entry permits.  With the situation changing in NSW, it pays to check the latest rules re entry.  

Edited by MMDown Under

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

From what I have heard, the border crossing at Coolangatta has the longest queues. People were able to cross at Texas with no waiting at all.

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

From what I have heard, the border crossing at Coolangatta has the longest queues. People were able to cross at Texas with no waiting at all.

Yes.  The problem is Tweed,NSW/Coolangatta, Queensland work like one town, so people live, work, school, medical appointments, public transport etc. on both sides of the border.   

Is it the lawyers’ fault? A couple of interesting developments from yesterday. 

In his summary, Premier said one of the growing clusters related to a “famous” law firm. It required its staff to attend the office rather than work remotely. Victoria has a ruling that people must work from home if they can.

Next we have a Sydney law firm spruiking interesting things. Advising Victorians to ignore the mask requirement and challenge any fine in court. They were also advertising to employ a melbourne based lawyer to take n these cases. 

I wondered about the professional ethics of lawyers inciting people to break the law, especially so they can generate business.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:07 AM, NSWP said:

A father and son from Sydney visited my town, Batemans Bay last week, staying at the Big 4 cabin park, north side of the bridge and dining at the Batemans Bay Soldiers Club, (aka 'The Rissole) Monday night. They got crook in the week, tested and positive.  Now the club which is huge, i.e. 600 seat auditorium, 300 seat dining area plus several spacious bars and lounges and 100 poker machines etc.  has shut down until Tuesday for 'deep cleaning.'  Cabin/Caravan Park has not closed and authorities tracing the two men's activities in the couple of days they were here, shops, petrol stations cafes etc.  Suffice to say the locals have gone ballistic on local media and faceache, etc. Can't blame the Vics for this one.

Maybe time to bunker down again, I have plenty of TP and went to Aldi & Dan Murphys last week, so stocked up.🍷

Stay safe everybody, it's a jungle out there.

There are now eight confirmed positive cases from that visit to Batemans Bay Soldiers Club.  Everyone who attended that Club at that time are encouraged to get tested.  Hope you are bunkering down again and keeping safe.  

15 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

In his summary, Premier said one of the growing clusters related to a “famous” law firm. It required its staff to attend the office rather than work remotely. Victoria has a ruling that people must work from home if they can.

Next we have a Sydney law firm spruiking interesting things. Advising Victorians to ignore the mask requirement and challenge any fine in court. They were also advertising to employ a melbourne based lawyer to take n these cases. 

I wondered about the professional ethics of lawyers inciting people to break the law, especially so they can generate business.

I'm shocked that we have such unethical companies in Australia.  

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm shocked that we have such unethical companies in Australia.  

What on earth has made you shocked that we have our share of asreholes the same as the rest of the world. What astounds most people is not that we have them but how high up the ladder some of them are.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

I read about those two instances quoted yesterday. We have enough Victorians saying and doing the wrong thing without surely an unethical Sydney law firm inciting people to not follow mandatory instructions. As for the Melbourne law firm  they will be fined a large sum I hope and perhaps their sick employees will sue the firm. 

Leigh

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

There are now eight confirmed positive cases from that visit to Batemans Bay Soldiers Club.  Everyone who attended that Club at that time are encouraged to get tested.  Hope you are bunkering down again and keeping safe.  

Yes, problem is the club dining areas, gambling area and lounges, bars were busy 400 or 500 people there during the day and night, each day of the 4 day virus window, anyone who was in the club Mon-Thurs last week could be affected.  NSW Health has now shut the club down for 14 days.  Staff and patrons tested positive, sorry to say there will be more cases, like where did the infected people go after the club?   I am not going anywhere today anyway, except down the beach for a walk, I live at Batehaven, 5km south of the Batemans Bay CBD.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Russell21 said:

What on earth has made you shocked that we have our share of asreholes the same as the rest of the world. What astounds most people is not that we have them but how high up the ladder some of them are.

And many end up in politics! 😱

3 hours ago, Russell21 said:

I was genuinely surprised that lawyers here in Australia would encourage civil disobedience.  I always took some pride in the knowledge that most Australians care about the common good, rather than the individual.  Only by everyone working together will we beat this virus.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yes, problem is the club dining areas, gambling area and lounges, bars were busy 400 or 500 people there during the day and night, each day of the 4 day virus window, anyone who was in the club Mon-Thurs last week could be affected.  NSW Health has now shut the club down for 14 days.  Staff and patrons tested positive, sorry to say there will be more cases, like where did the infected people go after the club?   I am not going anywhere today anyway, except down the beach for a walk, I live at Batehaven, 5km south of the Batemans Bay CBD.

You are lucky that you live outside Batemans Bay CBD near a beach.  I also live near beaches and parks, which I took for granted, until the virus threat arrived.  Now I value that I can get exercise outside in the fresh air, seeing only a few people.

Twenty new cases from known sources in NSW just announced by NSW Premier.  

Edited by MMDown Under

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I was genuinely surprised that lawyers here in Australia would encourage civil disobedience.  I always took some pride in the knowledge that most Australians care about the common good, rather than the individual.  Only by everyone working together will we beat this virus.  

With the politicisation and partisan approach to climate change and a whole host of other things, that attitude went out the door a long time ago.

For many it's all about self interest now.

Going nuts down here, health authority had to close the testing facility, ran out of the testing materials, can you believe.  Many businesses closing. A town of 11,000 paranoid.  Our Eurobodalla Meals on Wheels Service, where I spend a couple of mornings a week has suspended all volunteers over 70, as vunerable people, which is 95% of the 60 strong work force @ Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma.  We have 5 paid employees in our office, i.e. Manager, Stock, Finance, Admin etc who will doing the packing and deliveries to 300 clients this week, they will be earning their money.  We have to keep pumping the frozen meals out, so many folk dependent on them.

So if you were coming down to the Batemans Bay area, don't, go north. It is a 'hot spot.'  Stay safe it is a jungle out there.

Edited by NSWP

I took my whole family to the park yesterday. We were allowed to walk in the parks so I decided it would be a good idea for a family gathering by the lake, some orange juice and sandwiches in the morning... even though my younger daughter asked me to buy her MC donalds.. it did not ruin the overall thing at all