Jump to content

Zaandam 04/21 FLL to Montréal -I received “Express Docs” email

Recommended Posts

Hi, my friend and I are booked on the Zaandam 04/21/2020 11 day FLL Repo to Montréal and just today received the Express Docs Reminder email. 

I just happen to call HAL yesterday (as weekends have little phone wait time) and the Rep told me the cruise is still on. I could cancel as we have CFAR Platinum Insurance, but would lose the 10% as well as the insurance cost. I told the Rep that Canada Ports are closed until July, but she said the cruise is not canceled. 

Has anyone on this cruise received Express Docs or have any information on the sailing?  Could the Express Docs email be on a timer and thereby automatically sent. I just don’t know how we can sail to Canada when the ports are closed.  Thanks everyone and stay well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our cruise is April 16 from Seattle RT Hawaii and still is open to book etc. I think HAL would rather we cancel rather than them at this point. When the date is closer they will and we will have a better option on amount paid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks gwenmarie and StartrainDD. - I feel like HAL is engaging me and my friend in a game of Chicken to see who will blink first. Since we have a short drive down I-95 and have used a United Airlines Voucher for the flight from Montreal, we will wait it out. I do see our Repo Cruise is still up for booking at the HAL website as well as of yesterday. THANKS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, debcruising said:

Wehwalt, you mean when they finally cancel the cruise or call now and cut my losses?  

When they cancel it. Wait for them to do it. 

Edited by Wehwalt
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for them to cancel a 5/23 Boston - Montreal cruise.

They'll delay announcing as long as possible, hoping that we do it early.

Or maybe they're hoping that Canada changes it's mind and let's us in.







Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on an April 16 Sydney to Vancouver cruise. Can't go to Australia  closed as is Vancouver and all of the ports scheduled along the way. Called HAL - it's still on. What? I can cancel but before March 31 and get a FCC. If I don't cancel by March 31 I'm playing their game of chicken - I get choice of cash refund of FCC of 125% of cruise value if they cancel - which they will since there's no way this cruise can happen. But why put us through this waiting game - cancel already and before the March 31 deadline just a week from now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
  • Create New...