Question about NCL Sun - Suite / Aft penthouse room

GettotheSun

So like many others I'm sequestered at home, as I try to pass the time, I do look at various bookings for future cruises.  Myself, I cannot imagine booking anything until the fall of this year, but who knows.  

Question - for those familiar with the NCL Sun (or same class ship), I'm not clear on the perqs you get with a suite?  Specifically I'd be looking at an Aft penthouse room.  

There is no "Haven" per se, on the Sun, but I do believe if you are in a penthouse then there are perqs such as a butler and concierge?

Can anyone comment more on what that actually entails?  There is no Haven, so is the butler just to deliver room service?  If so, what's the point?   Does the concierge operate similar to the Haven concierge in that they can book you dinner or show reservations?   Essentially what is the benefit of a penthouse stateroom beyond the size of the room and what it includes - i.e. what is in addition to the room itself?

I tried doing a search, but I find this site very challenging to find relevant posts without weeding through ad nauseam irrelevant ones.

We had this suite on an Alaska cruise. Best decision ever.  In addition to Butler and Concierge services which are stellar since very few suites on this ship.  Breakfast and lunch in a private dining room.  Captains cocktail party was the best.  Any drink you wanted, hand passed appetizers including big fat shrimp.  This was by far our best cruise ever.  We had friends and family with us (2couples) and they were allowed at the cocktail party and one breakfast with us

Edited by mingo
Add more
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mingo said:

We had this suite on an Alaska cruise. Best decision ever.  In addition to Butler and Concierge services which are stellar since very few suites on this ship.  Breakfast and lunch in a private dining room.  Captains cocktail party was the best.  Any drink you wanted, hand passed appetizers including big fat shrimp.  This was by far our best cruise ever.  We had friends and family with us (2couples) and they were allowed at the cocktail party and one breakfast with us

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

Just curious why you'd suggest deck 9 first, followed by 10, and deck 8 least preferred?

Noise barriers!  If on deck 9, deck 10 provides a barrier between noise from deck 11.  If you were to get deck 8, you would be above the Stardust Lounge ... loud music nightly!

43 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Noise barriers!  If on deck 9, deck 10 provides a barrier between noise from deck 11.  If you were to get deck 8, you would be above the Stardust Lounge ... loud music nightly!

Oh that makes sense...I didn't even think of that, although I should have.   In previous threads I have read about balconies and which deck to be on, it was more about configuration of the room and size of the balcony, but those were Haven suites on bigger ships so different focus I guess.  Anyway,  thanks!

• Like 1

Hello,

We did 14 day Alaska San Francisco to Vancouver in aft penthouse on the Sun. Pretty sure it was deck 10. Can’t recommend this enough for Alaska cruise. Awesome large deck for viewing and some protection from the elements. Can access deck from separate bedroom and the living room. Bathroom has tub/shower combo AND another separate shower. The butler service for this cruise helped out. We had breakfast in room before tours etc. Also had lunch during the day in Glacier bay. Smaller ship so easier on and off at ports. 

Ask me anything if u have questions. I’ve been on the Sun twice, both aft penthouse.

Brian