Jump to content

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Agree.  Florida isn't doing well. Perhaps some areas aren't doing as poorly as others.  People aren't practicing social distancing- and many aren't wearing face masks.  Unfortunately, those of us who are doing our best to help minimize the spread are being penalized.  So sad. 

As I posted above our 4 counties in Florida are doing very well.  I don't really keep up with the other counties because they are not reported on our local news.  Florida is a very large state and we are more likely to travel to Alabama than south Florida.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Keksie said:

As I posted above our 4 counties in Florida are doing very well.  I don't really keep up with the other counties because they are not reported on our local news.  Florida is a very large state and we are more likely to travel to Alabama than south Florida.

I believe the Covid is surely on the increase in many states now.  While perhaps in 4 counties of Florida, things appear to be doing well now, the virus is spreading.  For the sake of your health- and the health of your friends and neighbors, practice social distancing, wear a face covering and wash your hands frequently.  Let's all remain safe so we can sail again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I believe the Covid is surely on the increase in many states now.  While perhaps in 4 counties of Florida, things appear to be doing well now, the virus is spreading.  For the sake of your health- and the health of your friends and neighbors, practice social distancing, wear a face covering and wash your hands frequently.  Let's all remain safe so we can sail again.

I guess for the most part we are doing all the things you suggest and are staying safe.  Went out to eat last night.  The restaurant was busy but every one was socially distant.  If you remember back to the beginning the charts showed that roughly the same number of people would contract the virus at some point.  The goal was to slow things down so we could get medicines and hospitals ready. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, here in the northern part of Metro Atlanta, everything is as normal as can be minus masks and distancing. Watching all of the numbers for my local counties and the state, it seems the infection rate is leveling off. It had been coming down for weeks but has been static around 6% for a while. But the good thing is the # of deaths is continuing to trend down. Hoping we can get to the next phase soon. This guys needs a cruise!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mmn531 said:

Yeah, here in the northern part of Metro Atlanta, everything is as normal as can be minus masks and distancing. Watching all of the numbers for my local counties and the state, it seems the infection rate is leveling off. It had been coming down for weeks but has been static around 6% for a while. But the good thing is the # of deaths is continuing to trend down. Hoping we can get to the next phase soon. This guys needs a cruise!!!

I have family in Atlanta who will not agree with you. My nephew was just diagnosed with covid as was my grand nehew.  7729 deaths so far in Georgia. Now the cases are stabilized yesterday 1459 new cases and 29 deaths.  Still very dangerous   7 day moving average on the rise    Below georgia stats

image.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I have family in Atlanta who will not agree with you. My nephew was just diagnosed with covid as was my grand nehew.  7729 deaths so far in Georgia. Now the cases are stabilized yesterday 1459 new cases and 29 deaths.  Still very dangerous   7 day moving average on the rise    Below georgia stats

image.jpg

yeah man, I look at that site every day. a slight uptick , it happens. but within 1 % is pretty stable. And deaths continue to trend down. That is the most important. Many kids at both of my kids schools have tested positive. Not a single one with symptoms. We are never going to have 0 active nor 0 deaths. Sooner or later we need to get back out there....

 

image.png.67e530916e29b739f644c34e8491f74d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mmn531 said:

yeah man, I look at that site every day. a slight uptick , it happens. but within 1 % is pretty stable. And deaths continue to trend down. That is the most important. Many kids at both of my kids schools have tested positive. Not a single one with symptoms. We are never going to have 0 active nor 0 deaths. Sooner or later we need to get back out there....

 

image.png.67e530916e29b739f644c34e8491f74d.png

While I have no comorbidity factor, and am not obese, I am a young senior citizen and nervous!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, Cruise a holic said:

I am a young senior citizen and nervous!

 

Same here...not so much nervous as trying to be as cautious as I can. We shouldn't be in the situation we're in, but I won't go further on that score. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 11:43 PM, BirdTravels said:

. Mask compliance and plain 'ole common sense is down.

 

This is certainly a key issue. For this masking and all things covid-related to have been used as a political tool here in the US is beyond deplorable. Would have never expected that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 11:43 PM, BirdTravels said:

COVID is up and spiking. Positivity rates are up. Mask compliance and plain 'ole common sense is down. It will be a long, cold winter. 

Unfortunately not everyone understands masks, social distancing and good old hand washing.  Until they  do the virus will continue to spread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Unfortunately not everyone understands masks, social distancing and good old hand washing.  Until they  do the virus will continue to spread.

 

There are those who understand and comply, those who understand but don't wish to comply, and those who don't understand / don't believe in it and so do not comply. There are probably some nebulous subsets within all of those. 

 

Then there are the Borg....

 

Unknown.jpeg.9ba6939f45d9172ec0becefc92cdbcd0.jpeg

Edited by OnTheJourney
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Unfortunately not everyone understands masks, social distancing and good old hand washing.  Until they  do the virus will continue to spread.

374 new Covid cases in Nassau County yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom47 said:

852 new cases in 5 counties of WNY.  Erie County had the most--651.  It is now orange status and people are flocking to Niagara County for haircuts.

 

Are you using the same county status levels as CA? (widespread) Purple/Red/Orange/Yellow (minimal) ? 

 

We were Orange, and got bumped back to Purple. Along with 40 other counties. Things are closed again and there is a 10 PM - 5AM curfew, statewide. 😒

Edited by Coralc
Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily, we look up covid stats, by county by town.  Typically,  we have seen one to two cases every week, now we are seeing a few a day!   We are very careful, rarely go out except for walks, and go shopping early in the morning- but mostly order on line.

 

This thanksgiving, I am cooking a big Turkey with the trimmings, and will give to kids by leaving the food on our porch for them to pick up.  I will set the table for my DH and I.  Surely not the same, but I will still cook the big turkey with all of the trimmings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Coralc said:

 

Are you using the same county status levels as CA? (widespread) Purple/Red/Orange/Yellow (minimal) ? 

 

We were Orange, and got bumped back to Purple. Along with 40 other counties. Things are closed again and there is a 10 PM - 5AM curfew, statewide. 😒

New York state color classes: red(total shutdown), orange, yellow and no restrictions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything is open here and I am super busy.  My son will come for Thanksgiving and I am fixing turkey and all the trimmings.  Then to get ready for Christmas.  I think our new town will have a parade on the 5th so I can't wait to see that.  It will be a challenge to decorate since this is a new home and I am not sure where everything will go yet.  Some of the outdoor decor may have to wait until next year when we have more figured out.  I have a large ball that needs a heavy duty hanger and electricity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Daily, we look up covid stats, by county by town.  Typically,  we have seen one to two cases every week, now we are seeing a few a day!   We are very careful, rarely go out except for walks, and go shopping early in the morning- but mostly order on line.

 

This thanksgiving, I am cooking a big Turkey with the trimmings, and will give to kids by leaving the food on our porch for them to pick up.  I will set the table for my DH and I.  Surely not the same, but I will still cook the big turkey with all of the trimmings.

We are doing a Zoom Thanksgiving .Everyone in their own homes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a great turkey dinner last year on Explorer.  Thought about getting a turkey for this year, but, we really like chicken better.  So rotisserie chicken from Publix this year and a great turkey dinner on Harmony next year.  Wishing all have a blessed holiday season.  God is good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Keksie said:

Everything is open here and I am super busy.  My son will come for Thanksgiving and I am fixing turkey and all the trimmings.  Then to get ready for Christmas.  I think our new town will have a parade on the 5th so I can't wait to see that.  It will be a challenge to decorate since this is a new home and I am not sure where everything will go yet.  Some of the outdoor decor may have to wait until next year when we have more figured out.  I have a large ball that needs a heavy duty hanger and electricity. 

Hope not a super spreader parade- While we are all suffering from cabin fever, please everyone stay safe- our family will do a remote thanksgiving this year- but I will prepare a traditional diner for the two of us.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Hope not a super spreader parade- While we are all suffering from cabin fever, please everyone stay safe- our family will do a remote thanksgiving this year- but I will prepare a traditional diner for the two of us.  

I hope not too but it is a long route, outside and people can spread out.  Other than March and April we have been out and about so no cabin fever here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...