Jump to content

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Really? Even with the vaccines?

Yes,I will give an example of why I believe this.Yesterday somebody who I know had a Baby Shower for her daughter. The norm in my area is usually that people drive by in their cars and honk their horns as they pass the house.However,instead more than 200 people parked their cars and were standing in front of the house.They all wore masks but there was no social distancing.They were all huddled together.There were several pregnant women there and the majority of the people were not vaccinated.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2021 at 10:59 AM, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,I will give an example of why I believe this.Yesterday somebody who I know had a Baby Shower for her daughter. The norm in my area is usually that people drive by in their cars and honk their horns as they pass the house.However,instead more than 200 people parked their cars and were standing in front of the house.They all wore masks but there was no social distancing.They were all huddled together.There were several pregnant women there and the majority of the people were not vaccinated.

 

 

 

 

I wish you were a betting man. I believe I will cruise this year , some states right or wrong have zero restrictions now , most people will have there shots by July and cruises should start in fall. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Long Beach is smaller and no parking lot.

Agree- water cold and rough also.  We have family living in Long Beach- so we can park in their driveway.  But parking is difficult.  Nothing beats the caribbean IMO

Edited by Cruise a holic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Agree- water cold and rough also.  We have family living in Long Beach- so we can park in their driveway.  But parking is difficult.  Nothing beats the caribbean IMO

I prefer the Caribbean to but when not cruising Long Beach is fine.I agree with you about the parking though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, sushitex said:

And here is news for Texans: 

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/news/releases/2021/20210323.aspx#:~:text=All adults will be eligible,in the current priority groups.

 

In other words, the COVID vaccines will be opening up to all adult Texans beginning next Monday, March 29. Yeehaw!

Great news!  Hope that the residents take advantage of this!  Unfortunately, some people will not and the disease will continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update on how it is where I live.  I have had both shots as of the first part of February.  My husband has had his first shot and will get his second in  weeks.  My son and I went to the casino last Thursday, I came out a little ahead and he lost a little.  It was a fun day with a good lunch.  Still eating in restaurants once or twice a week.  Getting my nails done today (I have been since they opened back up last May).  Meeting with my knitting friends once a week and have been since last May.  Starting to plan a couple of road trips for this year and looking for a house sitter.  The numbers in my community are low and businesses have full parking lots.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, Keksie said:

The numbers in my community are low

The numbers in my community are increasing of late. Haven't been to a restaurant in over a year and no plans whatsoever to go to any. Haven't even done take-out food but might (emphasis on 'might') start to do that a bit.

 

Covid vaccination rates increasing coupled with increasing virus rates nationwide = people not being responsible. Doesn't take a genuis to figure that out. Vaccinations =  'ok..now it's party time' and probably increased disregard for masking / distancing. This will only dig us in deeper - like the Ever Given. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

The numbers in my community are increasing of late. Haven't been to a restaurant in over a year and no plans whatsoever to go to any. Haven't even done take-out food but might (emphasis on 'might') start to do that a bit.

 

 

I am sorry your community numbers are increasing.  I have enjoyed dining in restaurants at least once a week since last May but then I get tired of my own cooking and need a break.  I am sure you are enjoying eating at home, so glad there is a choice for everyone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I assume I posted 12 months ago on how things were where we are, so time for an update. It’s been 12 months since Patrick had his heart attack and subsequent stents inserted, it’s déjà vu for me as I’ve been put back on furlough. Even though I was taken back in May 2020, it was only on 80% pay and then as a workforce we were forced onto part time working at the beginning of 2021, with the resulting reduction in pay due to reduced hours. 
 

No update has been provided on how long we are to be on furlough, especially as this has been extended and business travel is still nigh non existent. 
 

Although the ‘stay local’ restriction in England is lifted tomorrow, it’s no use to me as I still cannot travel to Wales to see my parents aged 84 & 85 due to the restrictions imposed by the Welsh government. They live 75 miles from me, and I know many who have ignored the ‘stay local’ instructions over the past weeks and travelled further than that in England, but I have complied.

 

I have taken a 2nd job to supplement my pay and try and replace the savings I used last year to top up my salary. 
 

On top of all this we lost our beloved cat Charlie 6 weeks ago after a short illness. 
 

Not a particularly good start to 2021, but we have a short break in the Lake District in a few weeks, and have booked a Princess ‘Seacation’ as we should both have had both vaccinations by May. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Well I assume I posted 12 months ago on how things were where we are, so time for an update. It’s been 12 months since Patrick had his heart attack and subsequent stents inserted, it’s déjà vu for me as I’ve been put back on furlough. Even though I was taken back in May 2020, it was only on 80% pay and then as a workforce we were forced onto part time working at the beginning of 2021, with the resulting reduction in pay due to reduced hours. 
 

No update has been provided on how long we are to be on furlough, especially as this has been extended and business travel is still nigh non existent. 
 

Although the ‘stay local’ restriction in England is lifted tomorrow, it’s no use to me as I still cannot travel to Wales to see my parents aged 84 & 85 due to the restrictions imposed by the Welsh government. They live 75 miles from me, and I know many who have ignored the ‘stay local’ instructions over the past weeks and travelled further than that in England, but I have complied.

 

I have taken a 2nd job to supplement my pay and try and replace the savings I used last year to top up my salary. 
 

On top of all this we lost our beloved cat Charlie 6 weeks ago after a short illness. 
 

Not a particularly good start to 2021, but we have a short break in the Lake District in a few weeks, and have booked a Princess ‘Seacation’ as we should both have had both vaccinations by May. 

Sorry to hear about all your problems, covid is bad enough to deal with let alone all the other things 😕

Hope things pick up in your industry soon and things get back to normal this Summer. 

I was in aviation which has been hit pretty badly so I took redundancy last November. But I was going to retire this year anyway so it's not a big deal. 

We too have been keeping strictly to the lockdown. Looking forward to a bit of freedom from tomorrow and then more later in April as the roadmap to freedom slowly progresses.

Hope you can get to see your parents soon, I bet they can't wait. Stay safe 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty much normal here in SE North Carolina, go out to eat at least 2 or 3 times/week.   I've been on about 30 flights or so last few months for work, about 20 nights in hotels: airports/hotels much busier this whole month-nationally, continental US (though I have avoided the NE US entirely....)

 

I'm booking some flights/trips as I'm pretty sure starting in April, the airlines will quietly be sunsetting the "no change/cancellation" fees they have suspended for the last 12 months....  This, like last summer/fall, is a great time to travel as airfares are still cheap.  After booking some yesterday, I REALLY had to shop though to find the same deals I was finding a few weeks ago.....costs are certainly ticking up.

 

 

Quick question.....anybody finding any cruise deals for S or E Caribbean in early Jan?  Or suggestions?  We used to cruise a LOT, then bought a place near the coast....we were going to book in early last year, then it all hit the fan!!   We're ready to book now and simply wanting a sweet deal. 

 

 

FWIW, Wall Street thinks the cruise lines will be back sooner rather than later......all the stock prices have been creeping back up the last few months.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Oceanwalk said:

go out to eat at least 2 or 3 times/week

Wish I could say that was 'normal' for my area. Can't speak for others, but haven't been to a restaurant in over a year. With new cases increasing, won't be any time soon either. If cruising resumes anytime before '22, espcially if done so in a way that doesn't require proof of vaccination, it'll be too soon and have less than desirable results. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways Announces an Extended Season on the Douro River
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...