Jump to content

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

On 4/11/2021 at 6:14 PM, legaljen1969 said:

They all want out of the hell hole that New York has become, but then they want to bring New York here.  If it's not "the way it was back home" it's "wrong."   Yes, they ask questions and interrupt because they think we are all stupid.   I would agree that Charleston is losing its soul.   Even the old market area is filled with transplants setting up arts and crafts booths and selling hokey trinkets. It used to be filled with artisans selling unusual things and definitely things that were hand made and creative. Now it's just running from table to table to see who will sell the knick knacks the cheapest.  
I disagree that transplants have "little regard or interest" in our rich history and culture.   They have NO regard for it.   All they care about it is that it is cheaper to live here.  Charleston will soon have no soul if the transplants get their way. And sadly with more of them moving in, it will be sooner rather than later. 

One of my friends relocated to Charleston about 30 years ago and became head of the Red Cross.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

A friend of one of my neighbors,a 59 year old healthy man went to Florida last week to visit family members.Three days later he became ill and died.

 

Len  --  I'm curious.  Did he get sick 3 days after he came home or while in FL?
If he got sick 3 days after arrival in FL - my belief is he was more likely exposed at home than FL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Von & John said:

 

Len  --  I'm curious.  Did he get sick 3 days after he came home or while in FL?
If he got sick 3 days after arrival in FL - my belief is he was more likely exposed at home than FL.

He died of Covid in FL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

He died of Covid in FL

 

I am not a medical professional, but if he tested positive for C-19, (3) days after arriving in FL - I am operating under the belief he was exposed to C-19 prior to arriving in FL.  Did anyone else in the family test positive?

Edited by Von & John
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Von & John said:

 

I am not a medical professional, but if he tested positive for C-19, (3) days after arriving in FL - I am operating under the belief he was exposed to C-19 prior to arriving in FL.  Did anyone else in the family test positive?

I did not know him.This is something that was told to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2021 at 10:56 AM, lenquixote66 said:

A friend of one of my neighbors,a 59 year old healthy man went to Florida last week to visit family members.Three days later he became ill and died.

 

Should have stayed up north, I guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I did not know him.This is something that was told to me.

 

Oh good lord, so it's just a rumor. Thanks for spreading hysterical information. 

 

I heard that a neighbor of a friend of my cousin's lawn service guy is married to a girl whose brother in law knows Kevin Bacon's third grade teachers mom.😉

 

And now its on the internet so it must be true.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2021 at 10:59 AM, Cruise a holic said:

If it wasn't for tourism- your state would have massive unemployment.  I suggest that you don't bite the hands that feed you.

No, cheap Spring Breakers are not our thing, in Miami Beach!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Oh good lord, so it's just a rumor. Thanks for spreading hysterical information. 

 

I heard that a neighbor of a friend of my cousin's lawn service guy is married to a girl whose brother in law knows Kevin Bacon's third grade teachers mom.😉

 

And now its on the internet so it must be true.

It is not a rumor.My neighbors friend is the guy who died.That is what I initially stated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is not a rumor.My neighbors friend is the guy who died.That is what I initially stated.

 

But you have no details and are in effect insinuating that he caught Covid on the trip and died immediately.

 

From what I read, that is highly unlikely.

 

But stick to your story. It's headline worthy 😉

 

SMH

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

But you have no details and are in effect insinuating that he caught Covid on the trip and died immediately.

 

From what I read, that is highly unlikely.

 

But stick to your story. It's headline worthy 😉

 

SMH

It is not a story.I was a journalist early in my life and I know the difference between truth and fabrication.My neighbor said that his 59 year old friend a resident of NY and healthy went to Fla and 3 days later died from Covid.

Obviously he could have had the virus in his system in NY.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is not a story.I was a journalist early in my life and I know the difference between truth and fabrication.My neighbor said that his 59 year old friend a resident of NY and healthy went to Fla and 3 days later died from Covid.

Obviously he could have had the virus in his system in NY.

 

And that sounds like exactly what happened.

 

But without details it's an assumption and doesn't really add to the conversation that FL's lax covid restrictions caused his death. 

 

It seems to me that was what you were implying, hence my questioning

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

And that sounds like exactly what happened.

 

But without details it's an assumption and doesn't really add to the conversation that FL's lax covid restrictions caused his death. 

 

It seems to me that was what you were implying, hence my questioning

I do not want to debate the politics of Fla.I have friends and relatives residing there and we do not talk about it.Therefore,let this be the final discussion of my initial post regarding this matter.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not want to debate the politics of Fla.I have friends and relatives residing there and we do not talk about it.Therefore,let this be the final discussion of my initial post regarding this matter.

 

I was kinda done already 🙃 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2021 at 9:14 PM, lenquixote66 said:

It is not a story.I was a journalist early in my life and I know the difference between truth and fabrication.My neighbor said that his 59 year old friend a resident of NY and healthy went to Fla and 3 days later died from Covid.

Obviously he could have had the virus in his system in NY.

A journalist, truth and fabrication. You have to be kidding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, goldfish65 said:

Journalism has earned it's bad reputation, but there are some of us especially those who were schooled a long time ago, who have scruples about factual reporting. 😊

Absolutely.I worked for Life Magazine in the 1960’s.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forgive me if I am stepping on toes. I had seven dream cruises booked when Covid hit. I have some future cruises in 2022. I am hoping they happen...we are have had to Phizer shots. Hoping the cruise lines let fully vacinated people sail.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We feel for you. We have had cruises booked and cancelled. Our big one was on the Allure transatlantic that was supposed to be our big anniversary/retirement cruise. Ever optimistic though, we have future cruises booked now through early 2023, and beginning in December 2021. Fingers crossed.  :classic_biggrin:

 

Things are better here as of today. We had our first BBQ with our neighbors today in 14 months. Just the 4 of us and their 2 adult kids. They had their J&J shots 2 weeks ago and we had our first Pfizer 3 weeks ago, so we averaged it out and figured that we were all at about 80% protection. It was so nice to have conversations and socialize with other people. :classic_biggrin: It was wonderful! 

 

And we didn't mask up or social distance. :classic_tongue:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Absolutely.I worked for Life Magazine in the 1960’s.

Little bits you've said it sounds like you have had a fascinating life 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Coralc said:

 

And we didn't mask up or social distance. :classic_tongue:

It's so difficult to stick to the rules 100%.  My brother gave me a hug yesterday and I felt guilty! Who would of thought that would have happened two years ago. 

I think you have to use common sense. We've had our first jab, second one due in a couple of weeks. 

When we visit our first grandchild we'll do the lateral flow covid test first as an extra safe guard 

Stocks are sent out free on request from the NHS. Ours arrived the day after ordering online 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...