Florida requiring self quarentine

16 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

How does a nation wide lock up helps? Ok, it wont help the thing to spread faster but it will still spread. I said it earlier in the previous post. I think it would be better if your bodies would create vaccine but itself. I wonder whether people are used as rats in laboratories searching for a vaccine. I am so sure such thing is practiced these days. Its like the only option to speed up the development of the vaccine 

Lock down will slow down the spread and flatten the curve. As you can see there are some still in denial conducting themselves like they are on vacation instead of quarantine.  If the general public would just stay home and stop going out to buy up all of the toilet paper we wouldn't need a lock down. As far as our bodies creating a natural vaccine, the daily increased cases and deaths tells me otherwise.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

New Rochelle located in Westchester county NY was the first town to spread it. The lawyer who was first to get Corvid-19 worked in Midtown Manhattan. He infected two people and they infected two people and so no and so on. What you have to realize is that so many people were commuting to Manhattan from Staten Island, Long Island, Upstate NY, Connecticut and New Jersey.  With all of the international travel I am just surprised that the West coast was hit before us. Princess did a number on that coast.

Reminds me of that old Faberge commercial:

Image result for and she told two friends

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What's stoping them from flying into Georgia and driving down?  What about those that drive?   Just those that fly into the airports?  Will the state stop them at the state line?   I can see the backup on I-95 or I-75 coming into Florida.  Someone didn't really think all this through.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

What's stoping them from flying into Georgia and driving down?  What about those that drive?   Just those that fly into the airports?  Will the state stop them at the state line?   I can see the backup on I-95 or I-75 coming into Florida.  Someone didn't really think all this through.

Nothing stopping them from flying in, being told self Quarantine...and not

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m not sure how cruising can begin when interstate travel is having quarantines, let alone international travellers.  

IMO, I think this is a sign that other States will follow suit.  This has already been happening in Canada, with 14 day quarantines for travel within provinces for us. Until all 14 day quarantines are over for travel,  there is no way I see cruises happening. 

I can’t elaborate too much but although we have several positives quarantined at home, the first positive that required admission to  ICU had returned from a business trip to NY. 

I say lock down all boarders. 

In my opinion 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess Florida is still open for business? Here in New York we have catch and release as if criminals are an endangered species. My son works in a midtown back who was robbed by the same person 3 times in a month. Fat chance of anyone being reprimanded for violating quarantine.  The kids and the seniors are the worst. I have to call my father daily at random times just to make sure he is home and not out and about. I want to install a ring doorbell at their house just to monitor when he leaves the house.  

How do you let yourself get robbed 3 times from the same person?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

No one is going to do that.

Yeah, sure. The object in all this is slow it down, no way 100% stop it, everyone from being exposed let alone stop them from doing things they shouldnt.

Edited by ONECRUISER

How's the situation there?

Quiet. Much better now than last week. 

20200324_115722.thumb.jpg.f24c7da8366c993c042e242103f6f9ee.jpg

Stores are a little sparce. Mainly paper goods, chicken, and hamburger. Most everything else is available. Many bars and restaurants closed, even Ron Jon's is closed. Weird seeing ships anchored off the beach

Edited by John&LaLa

We are on complete lockdown  The only business open are restaurant take out, supermarkets, and drug stores. All non essential business is closed. In three weeks my wife's golden locks will be 50 shades of gray.

Liquor stores are open😀

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

New York has also been testing many more people than other places soour numbers are higher.

Agreed.

New York has been very aggressive in testing.  According to Gov. Cuomo, 25% of all testing in the nation is done in the state of NY, which has 6% of the US population.

If other states tested to the level of NY, many "safe" or "low-risk" states would suddenly find themselves being hotpots as well.  What is going to happen once other states catch up? Those fleeing to Florida now may regret their choice in the coming weeks once they are stuck there.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Who's an island? The whole North-South American continent?🤔

Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach is a barrier island.  Access via 3 bridges, one of which is a draw bridge that is attached to the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station. To the south we are attached to Patrick Space Force Base. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Liquor stores are open😀

They are more essential than a drug store...As I sip my wine.  Seriously though, the hospitals don't need alcoholics in withdrawal showing up in the emergency room so from that point they are essential.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:
55 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Liquor stores are open😀

Liquor stores are on the list of essential businesses in Massachusetts too.

Pennsylvania is already reconsidering the closing it's liquor stores and reopening them. Makes sense. Unlike bars, restaurants and night clubs, liquor stores are not social gathering spots. At least, not the ones I go to.

And having them open may be essential to keeping people at home, so they don't have to leave their house every time they want to purchase a drink.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Quiet. Much better now than last week. 

20200324_115722.thumb.jpg.f24c7da8366c993c042e242103f6f9ee.jpg

Stores are a little sparce. Mainly paper goods, chicken, and hamburger. Most everything else is available. Many bars and restaurants closed, even Ron Jon's is closed. Weird seeing ships anchored off the beach

Beautiful view. Happy to see social distancing. I hope you and Laura aren't going through cruise withdrawal.    I guess you can always view Cat's on demand to snap you out of it.

1 hour ago, rbell said:

How do you let yourself get robbed 3 times from the same person?

They call the minute he comes in. If the police get there in time he is arrested and let off without bail in a few hours. The police said he hits several banks in the area. We are talking midtown Manhattan. It's not like there isn't anybody around.