Florida requiring self quarentine

59 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed.

New York has been very aggressive in testing.  According to Gov. Cuomo, 25% of all testing in the nation is done in the state of NY, which has 6% of the US population.

If other states tested to the level of NY, many "safe" or "low-risk" states would suddenly find themselves being hotpots as well.  What is going to happen once other states catch up? Those fleeing to Florida now may regret their choice in the coming weeks once they are stuck there.

NYU stopped all outpatient testing because they have limited protective gear.  Once these other states start testing more aggressively their numbers will climb and reality will set in and they will understand that this is just devastating both medically and economically. I couldn't even get on the unemployment site today it's overloaded.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach is a barrier island.  Access via 3 bridges, one of which is a draw bridge that is attached to the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station. To the south we are attached to Patrick Space Force Base. 

Did a boat tour of the Okefenokee Swamp a couple of months ago.  The tour guide said that he considers most of the state of Florida to technically be an island.  Has something to do with rivers connecting to swamps, connecting to more rivers all across the south of GA and into the panhandle. I was too busy looking at alligators to pay close attention.😲

49 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

NYU stopped all outpatient testing because they have limited protective gear.  Once these other states start testing more aggressively their numbers will climb and reality will set in and they will understand that this is just devastating both medically and economically. I couldn't even get on the unemployment site today it's overloaded.

Due to limited supplies, many other states have been forced to limit testing to the most symptomatic and vulnerable populations.  It will be nice to reach the point when we have enough supplies to do surveillance testing, so we know the extent of disease in the general community.  There may be many asymptomatic, minimally or mildly symptomatic infections; most of those are not being picked up by current testing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SilkySal said:

My BIL is renting his house in Florida across the street from ours, and the renters are leaving 2 weeks early to drive back up to their residence in Michigan. They are both retired, so we're not sure why they decided to do that. One would think they would be better off staying where they are in Florida. They will probably have similar restrictions in Michigan I would think.

They might not want to continue to pay rent when it wasn't orginally planned for. Also, like someone else said to possibly be by family who can look out after them. Many possibilities.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Check. It's always good to know my DS friend has my back (so to speak). 😁

LOL...I was thrilled to pick up a pack of TP at Publix (limit one pack per person and they were flying off the shelf).  Then found out it was "lavender scented" after I got home (guess they are getting rid of the odd stock).  Bucky will be thrilled to have lavender scented butt.  😄 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

LOL...I was thrilled to pick up a pack of TP at Publix (limit one pack per person and they were flying off the shelf).  Then found out it was "lavender scented" after I got home (guess they are getting rid of the odd stock).  Bucky will be thrilled to have lavender scented butt.  😄 

What's next different colors left over from the 70's.  I remember my mother practically having a meltdown when my father came home with toilet paper that didn't match the color of the bathroom. They were out of yellow that day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

They might not want to continue to pay rent when it wasn't orginally planned for. Also, like someone else said to possibly be by family who can look out after them. Many possibilities.

They had already paid for those 2 weeks of leaving early and asked my BIL for that $ back (which he is doing), so just wondered why they aren't going to stay, just for those 2 weeks. However, I do understand wanting to be close to family. I am glad that my DH is able to work from home!

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Always Dave...😎

OK..sorry Dave.  I kinda figured that was it...but if Kathy had posted...she would be annoyed at me calling her "him".  😉  Bucky never posts either...he is an official "lurker".  😄 

Edited by island lady

49 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK..sorry Dave.  I kinda figured that was it...but if Kathy had posted...she would be annoyed at me calling her "him".  😉  Bucky never posts either...he is an official "lurker".  😄 

Nah. What annoys Kathy (besides me) that in the morning when she looks in the mirror some stranger is staring back at her. 😉

To stay out of trouble and on topic, we are fully stocked up for whatever reason might be and time frame. This is something  we have always done. 

Edited by davekathy

47 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Nah. What annoys Kathy (besides me) that in the morning when she looks in the mirror some stranger is staring back at her. 😉

To stay out of trouble and on topic, we are fully stocked up for whatever reason might be and time frame. This is something  we have always done. 

Ahh...of course..."snow days".   That is akin to something we here in the swamps call "hurricane stock up".  Though TP never seemed to be on that list.  😉 

Tell Kathy I have resolved that problem in the mirror...I don't look any longer.  That stranger scares me.  😮