Jump to content

Does left over FCC become onboard credit when you rebook?


Recommended Posts

So Royal is offering 125% FCC, but I can move my sailing later by one month at the same price. On a $3500 sailing, that is $875 left over credit. Will I be able to use that as onboard credit or some pre-paid perks and excursions? Also, I'm assuming FCC is based on what you paid including taxes and fees. Or do they only give you 125% on the fare portion? Thanks in advance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, LloydChristmas said:

So Royal is offering 125% FCC, but I can move my sailing later by one month at the same price. On a $3500 sailing, that is $875 left over credit. Will I be able to use that as onboard credit or some pre-paid perks and excursions? Also, I'm assuming FCC is based on what you paid including taxes and fees. Or do they only give you 125% on the fare portion? Thanks in advance.

 

No, any excess will roll over to another FCC.  You get 125% of the overall fare.  No OBC at all.  🍷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FCC is based on cruise fare only. Taxes and fees will be refunded to the credit card used to pay.  Excursions, pre paid gratuities specialty dining also refundable to the credit card   You will receive another fcc for the remaining balance on the fcc originally issued.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, negc said:

FCC is based on cruise fare only. Taxes and fees will be refunded to the credit card used to pay.  Excursions, pre paid gratuities specialty dining also refundable to the credit card   You will receive another fcc for the remaining balance on the fcc originally issued.

We had a post that if you prepurchased drinks, tips etc, you could get it as a separate 125% obc. This was on my roll call by a knowledgeable person. Something new. Check with your booking agent. I think it said must apply for this by 4/8 to receive it.

Edited by firefly333
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, negc said:

FCC is based on cruise fare only. Taxes and fees will be refunded to the credit card used to pay.  Excursions, pre paid gratuities specialty dining also refundable to the credit card   You will receive another fcc for the remaining balance on the fcc originally issued.

Here it is in my rcl, that you can also receive a fcc for your prepaid items rather than have them refunded.

 

"

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items…

  • You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
    • Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We had a post that if you prepurchased drinks, tips etc, you could get it as a separate 125% obc. This was on my roll call by a knowledgeable person. Something new. Check with your booking agent. I think it said must apply for this by 4/8 to receive it.

 

Darn. That doesn't really help the people with the $18 drink packages...though. :classic_huh:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

 

Darn. That doesn't really help the people with the $18 drink packages...though. :classic_huh:

Nope.  I had it and lost it when they changed my cruise dates.  ☹️  🍷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Here it is in my rcl, that you can also receive a fcc for your prepaid items rather than have them refunded.

 

"

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items…

  • You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
    • Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020."

You are getting an OBC for the prepaid items and not a FCC 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are getting an OBC for the prepaid items and not a FCC 

As usual you are right, that's what it says.

 

I'm tired lol. And I looked and paid more for my liberty cruise than I remembered so my fcc will more than cover my new jewel booking with left over fcc.

 

So I have to wait until I do jewel to get the new fcc for leftovers? 

 

Or apply it when I get it to 2 cruises i have booked but not taken.

 

Darn i thought i got a better deal on liberty but i really wanted to go.

 

Time to give all this a rest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

So I have to wait until I do jewel to get the new fcc for leftovers? 

I haven’t read of any recent reports from this round of FCC’s but previously you did have to wait for the cruise to be completed to be able to apply the balance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I haven’t read of any recent reports from this round of FCC’s but previously you did have to wait for the cruise to be completed to be able to apply the balance. 

Thanks, had forgotten that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...