Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
frc330

FCC - What can I use it on?

Recommended Posts

 

6 hours ago, brovol said:

....so, in short, I do think the 25% FCC WAS first applied, and then both the 30% current promotion, and the 20% extra discount offered to the cancelled cruisers (if booked before April 10) got applied.  Then taxes, fees, and service charges were added, all totaling what they list as the "gross total".  That total is offset by the rest of the FCC.

 

I got a Travel Agent (not NCL, who seems to very hit and miss as to knowing much) to review for a cruise in DEC '20. .  I gave them all my info as to my FCC amount, 25% bonus FCC (which is 25% of what you paid incl CruiseNext) and therefore a flat amount, etc. 

 

I calculated in various ways and got about the same ($20 diff) from the Agent.  Took the 30% off standard promo discount.  then reduced 20% for buying before 10 April, then deducted all the FCC (incl the 25% bonus flat amount as shown on My Account at NCL web site), added Port Fee, taxes, gratuity on perks,  then took off the $500 for 2 certificates NCL put back into My Account.

 

After all this very close to what the Agent at C......dot com gave me.   NCL also gave $600 OBC and Agent gave $300 additional.

 

As I am booking a much longer and more expensive cabin, I still have to pay the difference.    I think cruise rates will go down, but not as much to offset the 20% discount I am getting, so doing it now. 

 

One would think NCL would show a step by step calculation as to how they arrive at the final cost - especially with all the items to consider with the cancellations.  But no, I think it is to confuse people. 

 

I have another cruise not yet cancelled for 12 April, so will likely see what I get for that.  At least I will know the process.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. I had a cruise cancelled on March 7th that was in 2021, and they told us "you will receive a future cruise credit worth 10% towards your next cruise. The credit will be available for use within 7 to 10 business days and can be used for up to one year from the date of issue. It can be applied towards any of Norwegians currently published sailings."

 

However I don't see anything in my account, no additional 20% discount appears for us, and no credit appears when we do mock bookings.  Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, brovol said:

It wasn't my agent who did the calculation, it was NCL.  .......

 

It wasn't my TA either, I meant NCL agent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Hmm. I had a cruise cancelled on March 7th that was in 2021, and they told us "you will receive a future cruise credit worth 10% towards your next cruise. The credit will be available for use within 7 to 10 business days and can be used for up to one year from the date of issue. It can be applied towards any of Norwegians currently published sailings."

 

However I don't see anything in my account, no additional 20% discount appears for us, and no credit appears when we do mock bookings.  Am I missing something?

 

Seems like you are missing your 10% FCC, if that's what you were promised, however most if not all of this discussion is about cruises that were suspended until April 11 2020 due to COVID-19, where NCL offered 100% FCC, plus 25% bonus FCC, plus additional 20% discount if another cruise is booked by April 10. If your cruise was for 2021 I don't think it will apply to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they cancel a 2021 cruise?  Usually that far out just give refund.  Check you My Account in NCL web site for credits.  Also we got a letter from NCL with the details... did you?   Who told you.  Travel Agent?   Strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I am probably mixing my apples with others' oranges.

 

My Spirit cruise leaving Singapore Jan 2021 was cancelled on March 07 (they basically withdrew Spirit being in Asia and cancelled the whole season).  They did fully refund my deposit. The 10% FCC (still not clear is 10% of what number) was intended as a goodwill gesture I am sure.....but I guess not enough goodwill to include us in this 20% additional discount thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Yeah I am probably mixing my apples with others' oranges.

 

My Spirit cruise leaving Singapore Jan 2021 was cancelled on March 07 (they basically withdrew Spirit being in Asia and cancelled the whole season).  They did fully refund my deposit. The 10% FCC (still not clear is 10% of what number) was intended as a goodwill gesture I am sure.....but I guess not enough goodwill to include us in this 20% additional discount thing. 

 

FCC is usually % of the value of the cruise that was cancelled, or in some cases it is given due to issues on a current cruise, and it is % of the cost of that cruise. You should see it in your account, if you don't you should call your TA or NCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pghflyer said:

My Spirit cruise leaving Singapore Jan 2021 was cancelled on March 07 (they basically withdrew Spirit being in Asia and cancelled the whole season).  They did fully refund my deposit. The 10% FCC (still not clear is 10% of what number) was intended as a goodwill gesture I am sure.....but I guess not enough goodwill to include us in this 20% additional discount thing. 

 

I had booked the 2021 same cruise as you and got the same cancellation letter on March 6th.  Been checking the website every few days to see if my 10% FCC shows up, and so far, nothing.  My deposits (two cruisenext certs) did get re-issued and show up on my account, and they did refund my pre-paid gratuities to my credit card, but there is no sign of the 10% FCC anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well good to have company 🙂 Yeah I am not really in a hurry if I can't participate in the 20% discount for people who had cruises cancelled......FWIW I did open a case/ inquiry on their website asking a number of questions about it and got this vague response that didn't really answer any of my questions "To use your cruise credits, please contact your travel professional or our reservations department at 1(800) 327-7030, and refer to your identification numbers at the time of booking."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will any FCC appear under "my coupons and credits" on the account?  We've never had FCC before.

 

We should eventually have the 10% from a couple of Spirit (Asia season) cancellations, 125% from Mar 20 Jewel cancellation, and 150% from the Feb 28 Jewel (which we were on).  

 

So far, none are on the account, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

 

Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't use the FCC on a cruise that's is already booked in October and not paid for yet. They want me to book a new cruise and i don't want to do that, so the FCC as of now, is pointless for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, Freckles_51 said:

 

 

1 minute ago, spanishguy1970 said:

I can't use the FCC on a cruise that's is already booked in October and not paid for yet. They want me to book a new cruise and i don't want to do that, so the FCC as of now, is pointless for us.

 

Are you dealing with NCL direct or travel agent.  They should be able to cancel and re-book - I would think....  but maybe fares have increased?    I think one issue is to apply the 20% bonus requires them to put it in when booking.  They may not be able to insert it on existing reservation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAPMAN said:

 

 

Are you dealing with NCL direct or travel agent.  They should be able to cancel and re-book - I would think....  but maybe fares have increased?    I think one issue is to apply the 20% bonus requires them to put it in when booking.  They may not be able to insert it on existing reservation.  

We have a travel agent, and we paid a great price for our cruise in October and if we cancel and rebook it will be 3 times as much, not worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAPMAN said:

 

 

Are you dealing with NCL direct or travel agent.  They should be able to cancel and re-book - I would think....  but maybe fares have increased?    I think one issue is to apply the 20% bonus requires them to put it in when booking.  They may not be able to insert it on existing reservation.  

On 3/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, Freckles_51 said:

 

 

18 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

Will any FCC appear under "my coupons and credits" on the account?  We've never had FCC before.

 

We should eventually have the 10% from a couple of Spirit (Asia season) cancellations, 125% from Mar 20 Jewel cancellation, and 150% from the Feb 28 Jewel (which we were on).  

 

So far, none are on the account, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

 

Rob

I found my FCC by clicking on My NCL (top right after sign in), then View Acct,  then under the My Cruise Vacations (if you have any booked) is a section "my Coupons and Credits".  It is there that my FCC and Cruise Next is listed.  As I recently booked a new cruise using FCC, my FCCs are now gone.    This probably showed up about 2 days after notice that cruise was cancelled.   Cannot use it until is shows up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We have a travel agent, and we paid a great price for our cruise in October and if we cancel and rebook it will be 3 times as much, not worth it.

Right.  Just hold on and use it later on, although likely lose the 20% discount.   Or request a refund if NCL cancelled it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note to all.   There is a chance that NCL will go bankrupt later this year, so the FCC in your account will go to 0 or your cruise may not get refunded.  So maybe refund now is better?   And I do not think Insurance covers a bankruptcy - unless you want to pay big bucks (maybe 20% of cost for 75% coverage).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAPMAN said:

Right.  Just hold on and use it later on, although likely lose the 20% discount.   Or request a refund if NCL cancelled it.

yeah, that's why we have not canceled our cruise on April 19 on the Bliss because we don't want FCC we want refund, so we hang on to see if they cancel the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 1:53 PM, Freckles_51 said:

We have re-booked through our TA.

It seems that the FCC's are split, 100% and 25% bonus

Apparently the 25% bonus FCC must be applied to guest fare only, cannot be used for anything else. Where is that written?

 

In our new booking:

Passengers 3 and 4 could not apply the 25% FCC to the guest fare, because they sail "free"

 

Fine then, we will use their 25% bonus FCC for shore excursions

Nope! "not allowed" says NCL agent, to which we responded "FAQs say FCC can be used for any purchase except OBC, does not specifically say 25% bonus FCC can only be applied to guest fare"

 

"25% is a discount not FCC", says the NCL agent.  Wait, what? In the letter, and in FAQ's, it is called FCC.

 

"OK then, passengers 1 & 2 will accept the 125% FCC, while 3 and 4 want a refund". Nope! not allowed.

So passengers 3 and 4 are stuck with FCC that must be applied to yet another cruise that they will likely never use. They are teens, one of them a friend.

(I should add that their 100% FCC is applied to the new booking)

 

TA is escalating this issue but not sure if it will be resolved.

 

Oh well, although annoying, we are grateful for 20% discount plus 25% FCC off passengers 1 & 2 guest fare, and were able to get more Free at sea stuff than our previous suspended sailing, with a little left over in passengers 1 & 2 accounts for shore excursions, although we will likely have to fork out more depending on what we book.

 

Fingers crossed our December sailing will be a go.

Interestingly we just moved our July 26th Alaska Bliss sailing to July 17th 2021 and both our agent and an NCL cust services rep said our shorex was to be refunded

 

I then got an email from NCL saying it wasnt and that those bookings formed a part of the FCC. I was on the phone to them for an hour and eventually spoke to a supervisor who said that was indeed the terms of the Peace of Mind Guarantee. So as it stands I have paid for a cruise this year that will not be sailing and Shorex and NCL is taking all that as FCC onto the booking next year - which is £1000 less than this year because of the discounts AND i CANNOT use the FCC to book any shore excursions and have to start again with he balance being written down as remaining FCC. I may not cruise again for another 2 years and so this money is lost!!

 

I am waiting for my TA to speak with NCL and the NCL cust serve is talking to "Finance" on Monday as this is grossly unfair!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Markj said:

Interestingly we just moved our July 26th Alaska Bliss sailing to July 17th 2021 and both our agent and an NCL cust services rep said our shorex was to be refunded

 

I then got an email from NCL saying it wasnt and that those bookings formed a part of the FCC. I was on the phone to them for an hour and eventually spoke to a supervisor who said that was indeed the terms of the Peace of Mind Guarantee. So as it stands I have paid for a cruise this year that will not be sailing and Shorex and NCL is taking all that as FCC onto the booking next year - which is £1000 less than this year because of the discounts AND i CANNOT use the FCC to book any shore excursions and have to start again with he balance being written down as remaining FCC. I may not cruise again for another 2 years and so this money is lost!!

 

I am waiting for my TA to speak with NCL and the NCL cust serve is talking to "Finance" on Monday as this is grossly unfair!!!

 

Yesterday our teens' 25% bonus FCC was moved to our accounts.  We hope to apply it to our "cruise fare" on the new booking.  Any surplus from our 100% FCC, after paying in full, can then hopefully go towards shore excursions. It seems that others have been told this can be done.

 

Seems that you booked through NCL UK.  Their terms may differ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...