Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
babs135

How Many Ships Still Out There?

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know exactly how many ships are still sailing/stuck?  I know Cunard's ships are still making their way home,  and some HAL ships are still out there (how many), but this morning realised other ships are still operative.

Curious to know if they can be refused a berth anywhere and if this was to happen what about the passengers still on board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAL has two ships with pax still on board, Maasdam and Zaandam. There is a huge thread on them on the HAL board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

HAL has two ships with pax still on board, Maasdam and Zaandam. There is a huge thread on them on the HAL board.

Celebrity Eclipse, for one, is still en route from Chile to San Diego after a rather lengthy delay in Chile.  There may also be others.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Princess still have ships out there, as does the British company Cruise and Maritime.  What about the other major players  ie NCL, MSC and Costa?  Suspect there are far more out there than anyone realises 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some ships heading home without guests, crew only.  Hapag-Lloyd has two, one in the Panama Canal today.  NCL Star transited the canal yesterday, empty.  Azamara Pursuit is heading for the canal this week with passengers.  Costa has a couple of wanderers in the Caribbean.  Coral Princess is heading home from South America, having been refused dockage everywhere.  P&O Arcadia is still out with guests, heading for Southampton.  QE is saying in Australia, but QM2 and QV are headed home.  EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babs135 said:

Princess still have ships out there, as does the British company Cruise and Maritime.  What about the other major players  ie NCL, MSC and Costa?  Suspect there are far more out there than anyone realises 

Have you looked on their forums here? I guarantee there will be discussions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have you looked on their forums here? I guarantee there will be discussions.

Yes I have but I was just wondering if anyone had done the count for me!!  Guess with being in partial lockdown I have enough time to do it myself. At least it'll be something to do to pass the time. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister and her husband have been stuck on the Silversea Explorer off the coast of Chile for over a week missing their flight home. Guest Relations team has been non-communicative. 

Anyone else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P&O's Arcadia has been anchored off Durban SA for at least 3 days now, waiting for bunkering and supplies. She's on her world cruise, and just trying to get back to the UK.  A passenger reported that a helicopter flew over, and they thought that might be something to do with their slot, but nothing happened.

C&MV ships- I read an article about this- 2 ships, one going to the UK, one to Australia, met near Indonesia. They did a massive exchange of passengers and luggage, using ship's tenders... all UK/European passengers and luggage were moved to the ship going to London (Tilbury); all Aus/NZ passengers and luggage moved over to the ship going to Australia. 

The operation began at 6.30am and ended safely by noon.

Queen Mary 2 is on her way to SA, too- possibly for supplies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Azamara Pursuit had a bit of a problem w Chile.  I believe that they are heading back to Florida through the Panama Canal and are anticipated to get back about 30 March.

 

DON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jocap said:

P&O's Arcadia has been anchored off Durban SA for at least 3 days now, waiting for bunkering and supplies. She's on her world cruise, and just trying to get back to the UK.  A passenger reported that a helicopter flew over, and they thought that might be something to do with their slot, but nothing happened.

C&MV ships- I read an article about this- 2 ships, one going to the UK, one to Australia, met near Indonesia. They did a massive exchange of passengers and luggage, using ship's tenders... all UK/European passengers and luggage were moved to the ship going to London (Tilbury); all Aus/NZ passengers and luggage moved over to the ship going to Australia. 

The operation began at 6.30am and ended safely by noon.

Queen Mary 2 is on her way to SA, too- possibly for supplies?

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22639-cmv-pulls-off-at-sea-passenger-transfer-between-ships.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two Costa ship headed to Fort Lauderdale with illness onboard, crew only 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P&O Arcadia received supplies from Durban today; MSC Orchestra is waiting outside the port, and QM2 is nearing there.

What a sad end to the world cruises... I know how excited people were beforehand, and how a "Worldie" was the expensive once-only dream of many embarking.

Viking Sea has almost ended her cruise- en route for Gibraltar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 5:26 PM, jocap said:

P&O's Arcadia has been anchored off Durban SA for at least 3 days now, waiting for bunkering and supplies. She's on her world cruise, and just trying to get back to the UK.  A passenger reported that a helicopter flew over, and they thought that might be something to do with their slot, but nothing happened.

C&MV ships- I read an article about this- 2 ships, one going to the UK, one to Australia, met near Indonesia. They did a massive exchange of passengers and luggage, using ship's tenders... all UK/European passengers and luggage were moved to the ship going to London (Tilbury); all Aus/NZ passengers and luggage moved over to the ship going to Australia. 

The operation began at 6.30am and ended safely by noon.

Queen Mary 2 is on her way to SA, too- possibly for supplies?

 

And the usual cluster of about 7 or 8 cruise ships

continue to linger in our waters, here in Barbados....

Sometimes at anchor, but sometimes offshore 20 or 30 miles

only to return to Carlisle Bay..where it looked like this

around 11:30 a.m. Thursday 26th. March.

 

Easily seen on marinetraffic.com via this link below

 

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-59.628/centery:13.091/zoom:14

 

 

DSCN9390.JPG

DSCN9391.JPG

DSCN9392.JPG

DSCN9393.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 4:55 PM, donaldsc said:

Azamara Pursuit had a bit of a problem w Chile.  I believe that they are heading back to Florida through the Panama Canal and are anticipated to get back about 30 March.

 

DON

 

Per another post, the Azamara Pursuit is transiting the Panama Canal.

 

DON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, donaldsc said:

 

Per another post, the Azamara Pursuit is transiting the Panama Canal.

 

DON

Transit completed yesterday

 

enhance

 

enhance

 

enhance

 

enhance

 

enhance

 

enhance

 

Europa is headed for Balboa Anchorage.  Rotterdam met the beleaguered Zaandam at sea late last evening and transferred medical supplies and medical personnel gathered from Rotterdam, Eurodam, and Oosterdam.  Both are now headed for Balboa Anchorage.  EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...