Wish they would offer those who cancelled....

MudderBear

7 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

There is supposed to be a promo called "Have It All" but I haven't seen it listed on the HAL web site.  It seems to be mostly for cruises in 2021.

I don't know why it isn't showing on the HAL website.  DH saw it on the Big Box site, asked our PCC about it, and he added it to our newest booking.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nesheiml said:

I don't see that HAL is offering a SBP perk.  Was that from your TA? 

I read about the "Have It All" promo here CC (thanks guys!!) and just asked my PCC if it applied to either of our booked cruises. I have yet to see it on HAL's website though.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2738921-next-hal-promo-to-be-called-have-it-all/

• Like 1

The "Have it All Event" worked great for us a couple weeks ago on our 2021 Voyage of the Vikings.  Saved $3000 ! We had the promo "Europe All-Inclusive" and changed it to the current promo....super happy now!   Still not sure why it is NOT on Hal's site but we booked thru the big box store and it IS available everywhere.  Call your TA and ask...it was way worth it too us.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 11:46 AM, sail7seas said:

This world emergency was no  fault of any company and they are losing  quite enough business and money now,    they should not be expected to take such a 'hit' going into next year IMO   If we cruisers  can afford to buy cruises , it is up to us to fund our fuure cruises  IMO    Why should HAL bear the whole finanical burden?  Customers should  'eat'  some of it   No one forces  us to b uy cruises.  There are times, th  rproblerm   lies  t a thecompany's  feet    but  NOT this time, IMO

Did it ever occur to you that some of us took a beating in the market too?  Your words are very cavailer and snobby.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iancal said:

Perhaps a HAL cheerleader could start a ‘go fund me’ page for HAL.

3 hours ago, iancal said:

Perhaps a HAL cheerleader could start a ‘go fund me’ page for HAL.

Are you offering ?-)  Go fo it.

10 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Did it ever occur to you that some of us took a beating in the market too?  Your words are very cavailer and snobby.

👍👌😘  I so agree. 

On 3/29/2020 at 11:39 AM, cruisemom42 said:

In reality this is a risk that people choose to take by not purchasing the more expensive "refundable" fares.  Or buying insurance that covers these contingencies.

Actually I disagree with you for once on this.

If the air line cancels a flight a refund is the normal course of action (as HAL offers).  Instead they are giving vouchers for future travel.  That may sound well and good but if you have to fly by Dec. 30th, 2020 in Europe on Iberia and Lufthansa, it does us little good.

I have no idea how my cancellation insurance will treat a future airline credit which is literally useless to me 😞 

In the meantime, I am in the midst of a lot of paperwork 😞 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

Actually I disagree with you for once on this.

If the air line cancels a flight a refund is the normal course of action (as HAL offers).  Instead they are giving vouchers for future travel.  That may sound well and good but if you have to fly by Dec. 30th, 2020 in Europe on Iberia and Lufthansa, it does us little good.

I have no idea how my cancellation insurance will treat a future airline credit which is literally useless to me 😞 

In the meantime, I am in the midst of a lot of paperwork 😞 

Yikes, I'd say that's a bit of a different circumstance. I wish you well, but there's so much upheaval in the travel industry right now that I get the feeling we'll see more and more of a "hardline" approach to these situations as opposed to in the past when they were not usually so global and of such long duration (meaning exceptions and extenuating circumstances were considered....)

A nonrefundable fare has always meant that you couldn't get a cash refund in the event that you canceled, not that the airline, cruise line, hotel, etc. could refuse to refund you if they canceled. I think most of us would prefer that be a line they didn't cross, especially considering they're expecting to be compensated by the involved governments for their respective port closures.