Jump to content

To Cancel (Ins) or Not to Cancel, That is the Question

Recommended Posts

Months ago I purchased CFAR travel insurance for my TA on HA in April.  Since the trip has been cancelled the insurance company has offered me a full refund of the premium.  The only loss I have so far is a deposit on an AirBnB in Spain.  It looks like my train tickets and other AirBnB will be fully refunded.  As my far biggest risk is with the HA refund of my cruise fare and airline tickets through HA, I am trying to decide whether to cancel the insurance or not.  I cancelled with HA the first day after they announced their policy and requested a full refund.  Except for a "Your Preference has been successfully submitted", I have heard nothing from HA.  I an concerned that if I cancel the insurance now and HA doesn't come through (for some unforseen reason) I stand to lose much more than the premium. 

I know that many of you have problems far beyond a few thousand dollars but for me (retired) it's a big deal.

Thanks for any thoughts

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
  • Create New...