Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
travellingnana

EZ Air not cancelled

Recommended Posts

We cancelled our Caribbean cruise on March 8th.  Our return flight home on March 28th was booked through EZ Air.  We got a message from American Airlines today telling us that one leg of this flight has been cancelled, and they are attempting to re-route us.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Should I call Princess or American?

 

Sorry if this has already been covered...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be an American issue and not an EZ Air issue. I actually squeaked onto a connecting flight on American last year, at O’Hare. In the middle of the night, I received a text from American that they (believing I had missed my connection despite the fact my boarding pass had been scanned) had rescheduled me on a flight for the next morning which they were now cancelling. That’s why they were notifying me: a flight they hadn’t even told me I was on was being cancelled. 
 

I would phone American first. Something tells me that’s where the issue lies.  In my experience, Princess’ system doesn’t allow them to cancel cruises without first cancelling the EZAir flight that is associated with it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I would phone American first. Something tells me that’s where the issue lies.  In my experience, Princess’ system doesn’t allow them to cancel cruises without first cancelling the EZAir flight that is associated with it.  

Thanks...so hoping I didn't have to call Princess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Thanks...so hoping I didn't have to call Princess!

If you booked with Princess call them. I got through right away yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

Our return flight home on March 28th was booked through EZ Air.  We got a message from American Airlines today telling us that one leg of this flight has been cancelled, and they are attempting to re-route us.

A question for you regarding your AA flight.  If AA cancels one segment of your flight, are you able to cancel the entire trip with 100% refund?  I have a similar problem, but I booked a nonrefundable ticket on my own.  Wonder if I can get 100% refund with no penalty.  I do not want to change flight, because I cannot see myself flying this year as I do not think the Coronavirus situation will be under control this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dreamercruise said:

A question for you regarding your AA flight.  If AA cancels one segment of your flight, are you able to cancel the entire trip with 100% refund?  I have a similar problem, but I booked a nonrefundable ticket on my own.  Wonder if I can get 100% refund with no penalty.  I do not want to change flight, because I cannot see myself flying this year as I do not think the Coronavirus situation will be under control this year.

Not sure about AA, but JetBlue (which was a nonrefundable ticket) allowed us to cancel, and while we didn't get $ back, we got a credit from them with a year to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Not sure about AA, but JetBlue (which was a nonrefundable ticket) allowed us to cancel, and while we didn't get $ back, we got a credit from them with a year to use it.

Thanks for reply.

is your air credit good for one year from date of purchase?  I bought my ticket very early, so one year from purchase means I shall have only months to use the credit.  Do not think the virus situation will improve much in a few months.  Just look at China.  Although there are no new cases (if we can believe the data), people can still get infected if they travel within China now.  If the outbreak started way back in December, the virus can last many months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dreamercruise said:

Thanks for reply.

is your air credit good for one year from date of purchase?  I bought my ticket very early, so one year from purchase means I shall have only months to use the credit.  Do not think the virus situation will improve much in a few months.  Just look at China.  Although there are no new cases (if we can believe the data), people can still get infected if they travel within China now.  If the outbreak started way back in December, the virus can last many months.

It was one year from the date of the credit...and you just have to book within a year...so you could book another flight even further out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dreamercruise said:

Thanks for reply.

is your air credit good for one year from date of purchase?  I bought my ticket very early, so one year from purchase means I shall have only months to use the credit.  Do not think the virus situation will improve much in a few months.  Just look at China.  Although there are no new cases (if we can believe the data), people can still get infected if they travel within China now.  If the outbreak started way back in December, the virus can last many months.

I know for a fact my daughter booked with Delta and in similar situation, booked last December so her credit is only good through 12/20/20 of this year.  Whereas they aren't charging a cancellation fee, I feel some leniency should be given to extend from a year from cancellation date rather than ticketed date.  She also doesn't know if she will be able to use it by the end of the year with the state of affairs going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, travellingnana said:

We cancelled our Caribbean cruise on March 8th.  Our return flight home on March 28th was booked through EZ Air.  We got a message from American Airlines today telling us that one leg of this flight has been cancelled, and they are attempting to re-route us.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Should I call Princess or American?

 

Sorry if this has already been covered...

I had a 25 day TA from April 11 to May 6. My departure flight was booked through Alaska and return flight was Delta. All booked through EZair. Our cruise was cancelled by Princess and we elected Option 1 (150% FCC). The cruise is still listed in the Personalizer like nothing happened. Except today I looked at the flights on the Alaska and Delta websites and they have been cancelled. So something is going on in the background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had an 
EZcruise flight scheduled for this Friday and a return in early May for a cruise that was canceled with the 60 day shutdown notice.  I just looked at my AA account which up until a few days ago had the flights listed but now the reservation is gone.  I like many others are still awaiting something from Princess regarding the cancellation.  We chose the FCC option and intend to apply it to our next several bookings (if they actually sail!).  So at the almost last minute EZair has canceled our AA reservation but I have no idea where the money for the airfare will end up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

I know for a fact my daughter booked with Delta and in similar situation, booked last December so her credit is only good through 12/20/20 of this year.  Whereas they aren't charging a cancellation fee, I feel some leniency should be given to extend from a year from cancellation date rather than ticketed date.  She also doesn't know if she will be able to use it by the end of the year with the state of affairs going on.

Totally agree with you about the need for some leniency In light of the situation.  I do not think the airline should encourage/force us to travel at this time, spread virus, and overwhelm the medical system.  I shall try to plea for extension to next year (at least one year from original flight departure date).  If refused, I’ll wait for airline to cancel on its own (not unlikely possibility) and end up refunding me cash 100%.  Worst case is that I would waste the $$$ ticket instead of flying, and avoid the airline in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 7:21 PM, dreamercruise said:

 II’ll wait for airline to cancel on its own (not unlikely possibility) and end up refunding me cash 100%.  Worst case is that I would waste the $$$ ticket instead of flying, and avoid the airline in future.

 

I would not count on getting the money back for a canceled flight that the airline canceled.  I have read other reports that they instead issue a credit to be used within one year on any new flights.  I have another booking with AA for May that I have decided to not take.  AA will let me cancel it now but for credit on another flight in the next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read from AA website that if AA changes or cancels, my flight, I have the option of rebooking or asking for full refund.  If, however,I cancel the reservation, I must take another flight within one year of ticketing date or end of this year, whichever is earlier.

i do not mind about not getting refund, as long as they give me one year from original travel date instead of ticketing date.  There is a slim chance that I shall fly this year not to mention in a few months’ time, given the Coronavirus situation.

i am not stressing as much as I should at the moment, because the chance of AA changing or cancelling my flight is very high.  Right now, not too many countries accept US travelers.  We are number one scariest country, thanks to our great leaders who think Coronavirus is nothing but a common flu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...