cruise cancellations

ser1was

Currently Norwegian has cancelled cruises through April 11. I know there are at least 2 cruises scheduled to leave April 12. Has anybody booked on a cruise leaving April 12 heard anything from Norwegian yet?

46 minutes ago, NYMac4 said:

Not yet .. I know other cruise lines have canceled by now. We are scheduled on April 12 out of NYC which I’m sure will not happen. 

Royal is the only line to extend the cancellations so far.  Carnival was suppose to announce today but have pushed an announcement until Monday.  NCL and Disney have not mentioned an announcement coming but I'm sure its coming.

I’m currently booked on the Getaway leaving from New Orleans on Sunday, April 12.  Have no doubts it will get canceled.

Just waiting for the official announcement so we can get the refund (don’t want the FCC).

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, chrisdar1 said:

I’m currently booked on the Getaway leaving from New Orleans on Sunday, April 12.  Have no doubts it will get canceled.

Just waiting for the official announcement so we can get the refund (don’t want the FCC).

I am also on the April 12th out of New Orleans with many family members.  We are waiting for the official announcement.  

4 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

Royal is the only line to extend the cancellations so far.  Carnival was suppose to announce today but have pushed an announcement until Monday.  NCL and Disney have not mentioned an announcement coming but I'm sure its coming.

I was on Royal for April. Cancelled before the cancellations and yep slapped myself for not waiting so that I could get a refund vs FCC. I saw the delay with carnival, another group of friends are waiting patiently. We all work in the school system. Our spring break is cancelled on top of the nasty virus..

6 hours ago, ser1was said:

Currently Norwegian has cancelled cruises through April 11. I know there are at least 2 cruises scheduled to leave April 12. Has anybody booked on a cruise leaving April 12 heard anything from Norwegian yet?

Not yet-- we are scheduled for April 12 out of LA on the Bliss. Waiting, somewhat patiently--although anxiety filled... I have heard from a few people that Carnival is extending another 30 days and that NCL would likely follow suit...but nothing yet... I also heard that these announcements tend to come o Friday's after 5 p.m.... so .. we shall see...

2 hours ago, chrisdar1 said:

You would be a fool to go if it isn’t cancelled. Have you seen the news lately.

1 minute ago, cruisinmeme said:

You would be a fool to go if it isn’t cancelled. Have you seen the news lately.

By no stretch of the imagination are we going, we are just waiting for NCL to cancel so we can get cash and not FCC...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, teach/2/cruise said:

I am also on the April 12th out of New Orleans with many family members.  We are waiting for the official announcement.  

Watch some local New Orleans news before you think this will happen.  They turned the convention center (by the port of New Orleans ) into a make shif hospital today.

5 minutes ago, tbae said:

By no stretch of the imagination are we going, we are just waiting for NCL to cancel so we can get cash and not FCC...

Good to know.  There are so many people wanting to cruise now.  We were on the 

March 8-15th sailing out of New Orleans.  Long story short- that cured me from cruising for probably forever. We self quarantined as soon as we got home.  Sunday will be our 14 days.  No big deal, still cant leave or do anything.  When we left on the cruise there was one case in entire state now 2746 cases.

Hey, we'd all love to be cruising or nearly cruising... mine was booked for Mar. 29th.... let's not start scapping with each other.

This is not something that we, nor the cruise line, not matter which one it is, has created.  

I'd love to be getting on my ship... NCL Dawn out of Tampa, on Sunday, however, due to circumstances out of my contol... and certainly out of the control of the cruise line... it is not happening, we will not see the wonderul departure of the Dawn... the glide under the Sunshine bridge... the beautiful sunset as we sail into and through Tampa Bay... out into the Gulf of Mexico... 

Reliving that transit is wonderful... but I miss it... Love Tampa Bay departure. 

2 hours ago, tbae said:

Not yet-- we are scheduled for April 12 out of LA on the Bliss. Waiting, somewhat patiently--although anxiety filled... I have heard from a few people that Carnival is extending another 30 days and that NCL would likely follow suit...but nothing yet... I also heard that these announcements tend to come o Friday's after 5 p.m.... so .. we shall see...

April 12 out of LA?  Isn't that sailing out of NYC-Manhattan?

7 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

Actually Celebrity has also extended suspension into mid May and Disney extended from end of March to April 12. Disney announced that both parks are closed until further notice so you can expect extension of cruise suspension. Carnival is supposed to address extension on Monday and I heard that NCL will likely be addressing the 4/12 cruises the same day.

• Like 1

Apologies we are scheduled on the Joy on April 12 out of LA going to the Mexican Riviera. Our previous, most recent cruise was on the bliss, and for whatever reason I keep referring to the joy as the bliss… Apologies for my confusion.

• Like 1

We are on the Bliss from NYC to Seattle on the 19th. When I called on Monday I was told it was going ahead as planned, Even though very few of our ports are open.  I asked what the new itinerary was and was told they would know today. I emailed My PCP today and asked where I should change my flights To and from (Ha ha). No reply. I doubt we will ever give NCL money again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krittykat said:

Actually Celebrity has also extended suspension into mid May and Disney extended from end of March to April 12. Disney announced that both parks are closed until further notice so you can expect extension of cruise suspension. Carnival is supposed to address extension on Monday and I heard that NCL will likely be addressing the 4/12 cruises the same day.

When you say “addressing the 4/12 cruises the same day” do you mean on Monday, the same day as Carnival?

8 minutes ago, Murph269 said:

When you say “addressing the 4/12 cruises the same day” do you mean on Monday, the same day as Carnival?

Yes...so hopefully those of us whose where suppose to cruise on 4/12...will have answers on Monday....hopefully

21 minutes ago, krittykat said:

Yes...so hopefully those of us whose where suppose to cruise on 4/12...will have answers on Monday....hopefully

Where did you see that?  There’s rumors that the Bliss crew was all sent home too, but I can not see that anywhere either.