Jump to content

Doing a new cruise booking before Future Cruise Credits are posted?


Recommended Posts

We were on one of the cruises to the Mediterranean that was cancelled.  Princess is of course offering the future cruise credits.  Does anyone know how you can book without making an additional deposit using the future cruise credits prior to them being posted to your Princess account? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't believe this is an option from what has been previously posted here.   We have already booked a cruise for 2021 and made sure it was refundable deposit, just in case we need to cancel or want to move our sailing date further ahead next year.

 

The FCC's are undoubtedly going to take some time to show up.  You could check with Princess, just in case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

We were on one of the cruises to the Mediterranean that was cancelled.  Princess is of course offering the future cruise credits.  Does anyone know how you can book without making an additional deposit using the future cruise credits prior to them being posted to your Princess account? 

My understanding (unless policy changed) is that you still pay the deposit either in cash or with FCD's on account.  The FCC from your cancelled cruise can definitely be applied to pay for the new cruise, but not for the initial deposit.  Just book with a Refundable Deposit (RD) booking code and you will be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

We were on one of the cruises to the Mediterranean that was cancelled.  Princess is of course offering the future cruise credits.  Does anyone know how you can book without making an additional deposit using the future cruise credits prior to them being posted to your Princess account? 

 

I think that this is a case of who, or when you ask, you will get a different answer every time.  We were also on a virus shortened cruise.  I asked the future cruise consultant about this.  I was told that the Future Cruise Credit was a cruise credit, it could not be used a Future Cruise Deposit, I could use my Future Cruise Deposits for the deposit, so I purchased a couple more FCD's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

 

I think that this is a case of who, or when you ask, you will get a different answer every time.  We were also on a virus shortened cruise.  I asked the future cruise consultant about this.  I was told that the Future Cruise Credit was a cruise credit, it could not be used a Future Cruise Deposit, I could use my Future Cruise Deposits for the deposit, so I purchased a couple more FCD's.

That's my understanding of how it works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

We were on one of the cruises to the Mediterranean that was cancelled.  Princess is of course offering the future cruise credits.  Does anyone know how you can book without making an additional deposit using the future cruise credits prior to them being posted to your Princess account? 

You can not. You must sit back till the FCC is posted to your Captains Circle account. You will receive an email from Princess when they do that. I booked the Caribbean Princess for May 16 and filled out everything for that cruise but not paying for it till I receive my FCC. The only thing they did to me was remove my assigned cabin number to they will assign one. That I do not like. Before I pay I will ask my TA to change that. That is if they do not remove the booking because of non payment. So far it has been on the web site for two weeks including today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

My understanding (unless policy changed) is that you still pay the deposit either in cash or with FCD's on account.  The FCC from your cancelled cruise can definitely be applied to pay for the new cruise, but not for the initial deposit.  Just book with a Refundable Deposit (RD) booking code and you will be fine.

That's what we have done. Currently booked in May for Alaska, but paid refundable deposit on cruise in August as a back up. If May gets cancelled, will apply FCC to the August cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kennact said:

That's what we have done. Currently booked in May for Alaska, but paid refundable deposit on cruise in August as a back up. If May gets cancelled, will apply FCC to the August cruise. 

You can however. Pay for the entire cruise if you have enough FCC. No cash is needed because no deposit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You can not. You must sit back till the FCC is posted to your Captains Circle account. You will receive an email from Princess when they do that. I booked the Caribbean Princess for May 16 and filled out everything for that cruise but not paying for it till I receive my FCC. The only thing they did to me was remove my assigned cabin number to they will assign one. That I do not like. Before I pay I will ask my TA to change that. That is if they do not remove the booking because of non payment. So far it has been on the web site for two weeks including today. 

Geez I have a cruise booked for July and final payment is due in May.  They have $4000 of my money for a cruise that was canceled in April and I have no intention of giving them more money for my July cruise.  If they want the final payment, they will have to process my FCC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been informed that FCC cannot be used for certain items (port fees, taxes, insurance) and that was about my requested deposit on my April 2021 cruise. My FCC will be backdated to cover everything else once it posts. Worked for my September 2020 cruise. FWIW 2 pts: (I used FCC from Mar 22 Grand for this transaction)

1. my insurance went WAY DOWN as I wasn't insuring the amount covered with FCC? 

2. I bought Refundable OBC with the 202 FCC leftover. 

 

(Using backdated Mar 29 Grand FCC on April 2021 cruise)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to use funds from a cancelled May 2020 cruise for a July 2021 cruise on Friday. My travel agent went back and forth with Princess (3 different times) to try and put that money on my future cruise.  No such luck—Princess said that though they could see the cancellation, I still needed to put a refundable deposit down.  My TA negotiated a $200 deposit as opposed to paying $400 for me.  I told Princess they had enough of my money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone gotten their FCC spontaneously posted and corresponding email without prompting Princess. I am on week 4 waiting and trying to figure out their processing schedule. Am really trying to be patient but getting so many other emails from Princess makes one wonder about their focus. Plus curious what number they will come up with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked a cruise yesterday for December while still waiting on the FCC from our cancelled March cruise. We did not have to pay a deposit. It’s in a hold type pattern till late April. By when they expect the FCC to post. At which time I will need to either pay the deposit or hopefully apply the FCC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, teachtocruis said:

We booked a cruise yesterday for December while still waiting on the FCC from our cancelled March cruise. We did not have to pay a deposit. It’s in a hold type pattern till late April. By when they expect the FCC to post. At which time I will need to either pay the deposit or hopefully apply the FCC. 

Thanks, best answer I have seen so far.  Did you use a TA or book yourself with Princess?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cmh said:

Geez I have a cruise booked for July and final payment is due in May.  They have $4000 of my money for a cruise that was canceled in April and I have no intention of giving them more money for my July cruise.  If they want the final payment, they will have to process my FCC.


We had a cruise booked for 3rd July, we had to pay the balance a few days ago. There was no way I was paying more money knowing full well the cruise wasn’t going to happen anyway so we cancelled and hopefully will get the deposit back as a FCC to add to our not yet received FCC from our cancelled March Cruise. 
 

Even in the very very unlikely case July cruises do go ahead we wouldn’t be covered by insurance anyway as our Government advised against over 70s cruising weeks ago which would invalidate our insurance anyway. 
 

I have also cancelled an end of May cruise on P & O’s brand new ship which I had fully paid up for so hoping we will get full refund as we cancelled when P & O said they were giving full refunds or 125% FCC to anyone over 70 or in the at risk category. I think they have since changed that to 110% FCC only. 
 

One cruise left this year for the end of October also on the new P & O Iona which has 5500 passengers so not sure that will go ahead for us anyway either. Fingers crossed they will have anti virals that work for this horrible virus and antibody tests by then as well. 

Edited by amajaa
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 1:58 PM, disneyochem said:

I tried to use funds from a cancelled May 2020 cruise for a July 2021 cruise on Friday. My travel agent went back and forth with Princess (3 different times) to try and put that money on my future cruise.  No such luck—Princess said that though they could see the cancellation, I still needed to put a refundable deposit down.  My TA negotiated a $200 deposit as opposed to paying $400 for me.  I told Princess they had enough of my money.

We cancelled our European cruise for this summer and booked a Caribbean cruise instead (fingers crossed!).  I asked if we could transfer what we had paid on the cancelled cruise over to the Caribbean cruise, and the rep indicated they weren't doing transfers at this time.  So, I hope our refund is processed before final payment is due.  I'm not sure I want to give them more money when they owe me more than I owe them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 1:25 AM, dog said:

Thanks, best answer I have seen so far.  Did you use a TA or book yourself with Princess?

 

Sorry, distance teaching is keeping me busy...I used a TA for the original one that got cancelled, but then booked myself directly with Princess for the second one. 

Kayla

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a deposit on a cruise that I called and changed to a longer cruise that required a larger deposit. They agreed to give me another 30 days for the additional deposit due to my pending FCC. A few days later I went to look at my reservation and it looks like it was cancelled anyway because I did not pay the additional deposit. Now I'm wondering how long it will take to receive the original deposit back; not feeling like spending time on hold to try to get that worked out again. Thinking about just bagging the whole thing and ask for all my money back at this point. I feel that I am just trying to manipulate the future by thinking that if I have a cruise booked in the fall I will actually be able to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...