Jump to content

Constellation "Revolution"


Gracie115
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Carnival Corp has announced what I have been saying all along would be happening to some X ships......and I think it even more strongly now...

 

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-sells-six-cruise-ships-more-to-come/

These are Carnival's oldest ships all built in the 1990's with very few balcony cabins other than some suites. I am surprised they haven't been retired years ago. They are used for a lot of 3, 4 and 5 night low cost cruises from smaller home ports. Celebrity has a much smaller fleet but none of her ships are as outdated as these older Carnival ships.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Carnival Corp has announced what I have been saying all along would be happening to some X ships......and I think it even more strongly now...

 

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-sells-six-cruise-ships-more-to-come/

CRUISE NEW

 

Carnival Corp. Sells Six Cruise Ships, More To Come

7c4e353d04f314f3febbafa2a2d379c5?s=46&d=

Published

 22 hours ago 

on

 June 18, 2020

By

 Richard Sim

 

excerpts:

 

"Only a few days after Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald said there would definitely “be an acceleration of retirement of ships,” financial documents revealed that at least six ships will be leaving the fleet in the coming days.

In addition to the six ships which already are definitely leaving various Carnival Corporation brands, Donald has indicated that there are negotiations in place which could see more vessels exiting as well.

 
........
A preliminary statement read, in part, “In connection with its capacity optimization strategy, the company intends to accelerate the remove of ships in fiscal 2020, which were previously expected to be sold over the ensuing years. The company already has preliminary agreements for the disposal of six ships which are expected to leave the fleet in the next 90 days and is currently working toward additional agreements.”
 
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gracie.thanks for your post... very interesting that he mentioned  "capacity optimization strategy"....That is something Richard Fain has stressed as well. When comparing the newer ships to the older ones.  But Royal C has  some older ships than X so maybe Connie will not go on the auction or sales block.  Hoping!

 

Donald also mentioned some of the Carnival ships might be "scrapped".  Interesting !

Edited by hcat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, hcat said:

Gracie.thanks for your post... very interesting that he mentioned  "capacity optimization strategy"....That is something Richard Fain has stressed as well. When comparing the newer ships to the older ones.  But Royal C has  some older ships than X so maybe Connie will not go on the auction or sales block.  Hoping!

 

Donald also mentioned some of the Carnival ships might be "scrapped".  Interesting !

 

 

I hope you're right too about Connie, and, yes, I agree Royal has some older ships, Enchanted, Majesty, Empress...so maybe selling or "scrapping" ones like that will be enough.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Six ships from Carnival Corporation (Carnival, HAL, Princess, P&O, AIDA, Costa, Cunard, Seabourn) not just Carnival Crulse Lines.  So with only 6 six ships leaving from all of those companies not much of an impact.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, blueboro said:

Six ships from Carnival Corporation (Carnival, HAL, Princess, P&O, AIDA, Costa, Cunard, Seabourn) not just Carnival Crulse Lines.  So with only 6 six ships leaving from all of those companies not much of an impact.

as the President of Carnival stated in the story:

 

In addition to the six ships which already are definitely leaving various Carnival Corporation brands, Donald has indicated that there are negotiations in place which could see more vessels exiting as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Carnival Corp has announced what I have been saying all along would be happening to some X ships......and I think it even more strongly now...

 

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-sells-six-cruise-ships-more-to-come/

You are welcome to your opinion, but I think one has little to do with the other.  It is six ships across all their various cruise lines.  Royal has ships older than the M class ships, so if I were a betting person I would guess if any go, those would go first.  Of course some of this is wishful thinking as I have a lovely B2B booked on Connie in January and I love M class ships in general.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

You are welcome to your opinion, but I think one has little to do with the other.  It is six ships across all their various cruise lines.  Royal has ships older than the M class ships, so if I were a betting person I would guess if any go, those would go first.  Of course some of this is wishful thinking as I have a lovely B2B booked on Connie in January and I love M class ships in general.

As the President of Carnival said below more ships may be involved.   And yes, Royal does have older ships.  My only point is what I have said all along....there is no way they expect to be able to fill all ships the way they used to and inevitably some will get sold or scrapped...of course no one knows what ships until they actually announce it....

 

In addition to the six ships which already are definitely leaving various Carnival Corporation brands, Donald has indicated that there are negotiations in place which could see more vessels exiting as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2020 at 3:31 PM, cgolf1 said:

 

Not saying that it will dry up like Sars, but they really need to look at Florida and why it never go too out of control down there compared to other states. I could be wrong on this, but the impression I have is they were one of the least restrictive states and yet they were much better off than states like New York. They do get international travelers too for things like cruises and Disney, maybe not as many as New York though.

 


Oh dear!  Working my way through this thread and what a difference a few weeks makes in the dreadful saga of this pandemic.  I was just looking for info on the Connie as we are booked on her at the end of August but I’ll be amazed if it goes ahead. Pretty sure we’ll be home for the rest of the year at least.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Florida ramped up it’s testing. So higher numbers. Prisons had asymptomatic positives.

very high numbers, too.

And my least favorite reason: the looters, criminals, and protestors.

Hope none of them took it home to grandparents.

Hurts the cruise industry for sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

Florida ramped up it’s testing. So higher numbers. Prisons had asymptomatic positives.

very high numbers, too.

And my least favorite reason: the looters, criminals, and protestors.

Hope none of them took it home to grandparents.

Hurts the cruise industry for sure

I’m going to ignore the part I really want to respond to in your post and simply comment that Florida’s positive percentage rate was almost 20% today compared to 5% a month ago. That’s not numbers going up because of more testing—that’s a percentage. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

You are welcome to your opinion, but I think one has little to do with the other.  It is six ships across all their various cruise lines.  Royal has ships older than the M class ships, so if I were a betting person I would guess if any go, those would go first.  Of course some of this is wishful thinking as I have a lovely B2B booked on Connie in January and I love M class ships in general.

I fully share your wishful thinking for Connie!

 

Was surprised to learn Sovereign of the Seas was still sailing..not on X.  That was a one and done for us on Royal, years ago!  

Edited by hcat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:


Oh dear!  Working my way through this thread and what a difference a few weeks makes in the dreadful saga of this pandemic.  I was just looking for info on the Connie as we are booked on her at the end of August but I’ll be amazed if it goes ahead. Pretty sure we’ll be home for the rest of the year at least.

Sorry for this news..unless you were cruising outside of the USA ?????

Still not a positive develoment..

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

 

 

I hope you're right too about Connie, and, yes, I agree Royal has some older ships, Enchanted, Majesty, Empress...so maybe selling or "scrapping" ones like that will be enough.  

 

However the over capacity the group will face over the next years is not only in the RCL brand it will also be on the X brand, especially with additional ships to come. Hence if they can get rid of Constellation and Infinity before investing into even a regular dry dock this would be a very good solution given the circumstances.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

We booked B2B Feb 5 & 15, X continues promoting a refurbished ship http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/Caribbean_Tampa.html

http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/Revolution/top_tampa.gif

False advertising.  I booked Constellation because we are in a sky suite and were looking forward to everything being upgraded.  However, since I booked in January, the fare now is $2,361 MORE than I paid.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

False advertising.  I booked Constellation because we are in a sky suite and were looking forward to everything being upgraded.  However, since I booked in January, the fare now is $2,361 MORE than I paid.  

 

Anything to keep the deposits rolling in... Unfortunately, only the small percentage that follow Cruise Critic know the real deal. Shameful and I will probably cancel our November booking. Paid a premium price over Rhapsody from Tampa. I am glad I follow Cruise Critic for reasons like this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

We booked B2B Feb 5 & 15, X continues promoting a refurbished ship http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/Caribbean_Tampa.html

http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/Revolution/top_tampa.gif

 

 

The Celebrity Commitment website is intended for travel agents and other Celebrity partners. It is not intended for general public use or for public promotions.

 

The Celebrity Commitment

The Celebrity Commitment is a program that underscores Celebrity's commitment to you, our Partners. You are our primary focus and source of business. It is our promise to continue providing you real tools, real solutions, new and innovative ways to help grow your business and to always be a genuine partner. 

 

A document providing a more in-depth description:

 

http://www.cltours.org/uploads/1/0/4/8/10488841/12027591_cel_celcommitment_highlights_flyer.pdf

 

As for the page from which the screen grab you've used came, it is a very dated one. If you watch the video, you will see that it refers to May 2020 as a date well in the future. Clearly, this video and the entire page were produced well in advance of COVID-19 and its impact on cruising. While it's unfortunate that the page hasn't been taken down, the intended recipients - TAs - are well aware of the changes. BTW, if you go to the Celebrity Commitment home page and then to the The Revolution page, you'll see that on the scheduling timeline the Constellation is shown as "Date Pending" "Coming Soon".

 

 

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

False advertising.  I booked Constellation because we are in a sky suite and were looking forward to everything being upgraded.  However, since I booked in January, the fare now is $2,361 MORE than I paid. 

 

Not at all. At the time that the webpage was produced, it was completely accurate. Then a pandemic arrived on the scene and things happened. Or didn't, as the case may be. More importantly, this webpage was never intended for advertising, false or otherwise, but was instead promotional information intended for TAs, not the general public. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No disagreement that this video was produced prior to more recent events. Video targeted to travel agents or the general public does not matter. Sleazy that it is still on an official Celebrity website. Not an excuse for false advertising.

Edited by coaster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, coaster said:

No disagreement that this video was produced prior to more recent events. Video targeted to travel agents or the general public does not matter. Sleazy that is still on an official Celebrity website.

Sloppy, not sleazy. This isn't an attempt to lure unsuspecting customers into booking a cruise that doesn't match the advertising. Rather, it's another example of how Celebrity's IT team struggles to keep its websites current. And yes, it certainly does make a difference whether the webpage was intended for TAs or the general public.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, coaster said:

No disagreement that this video was produced prior to more recent events. Video targeted to travel agents or the general public does not matter. Sleazy that is still on an official Celebrity website. Not an excuse for false advertising.

I disagree that it is sleazy.  As you agree, it was produced and posted long before they knew what would be happening with Covid-19.  Should it have been taken down before now, yes it should have.  We agree on that.  But I suspect they are just a little bit busy trying to stay afloat (no pun intended) and keep up as best they can with all the hundreds of thousands of changes going on right now.  In normal circumstances they would have time to make sure their TA marketing sites are up-to-date.  But these are not normal times.  They know that any TA worth their salt knows the current situation with cruising and with Celebrity renovations.  To call Celebrity out for 'false advertising' in this particular situation is mean-spirited to say the least in my opinion.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...