Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Gracie115

Constellation "Revolution"

Recommended Posts

Even if they would be able to spend the money the yards in Spain, France and Italy are not able to carry out the work at the moment. They will do required technical work when it‘s due but not other hotel renovation stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked for the med cruise Aug 2020. Unsure if the cruise will even go ahead... let alone if the ship will be revolutionised. However, as many people have already expressed, we were sold a certain standard of ship and don’t believe it’s fair to charge the same price for a shabbier cruise ship we didn’t initially book.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked for next March based on the fact that the ship was to be totally refurbished and that it left from Tampa and did not have to pay the high air and hotel rates in FLL.   If they do not go through with it, likely will look at other options as those who have recently been on the Connie have stated it was in need of a refurb.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed yesterday my cruise on the Constellation on 29th March 2021 had reduced by £860.($1053)  Just rebooked at lower price. Wonder if this is because it won’t be refurbished by then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up on pricing.

 

We have a fcc we hoped to use on Connie in Jan  2021 but are so disgusted with the way  X  is handling the refund portion of our Summit cruise, we may "eat"  the loss and skip it altogether. Waiting to see.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My family and I were on the Constellation last August on the 10 night cruise from Venice to Dubrovnik and the Greek Islands. FWIW, the ship was in beautiful shape.  No one should think for a second that it is shabby or in desperate need of an upgrade. While the Solstice class line of Celebrity ships is my favorite, I would definitely go on the Constellation again even without refurbishment.  The crew on that journey was especially good and really friendly. I hope they are OK.

 

Sigh - last August seems so long ago in more ways than one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CruiseDad-NYC said:

My family and I were on the Constellation last August on the 10 night cruise from Venice to Dubrovnik and the Greek Islands. FWIW, the ship was in beautiful shape.  No one should think for a second that it is shabby or in desperate need of an upgrade. While the Solstice class line of Celebrity ships is my favorite, I would definitely go on the Constellation again even without refurbishment.  The crew on that journey was especially good and really friendly. I hope they are OK.

 

Sigh - last August seems so long ago in more ways than one!

Good to hear...thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With shipyards closed and money in short supply (few new bookings) its likely many ship renovations will be at least delayed if not cancelled.  Cruise companies also have to determine how they will restart once this is over.  I would expect the first out will NOT be the big ships, rather those now "mid-sized" offerings of around 2,000 passengers.  Additionally, all ships will need some type of reconditioning before they will be ready to accept guests.  More time, money and crew involvement before restarting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Noticed yesterday my cruise on the Constellation on 29th March 2021 had reduced by £860.($1053)  Just rebooked at lower price. Wonder if this is because it won’t be refurbished by then?

I was able to book a couple of days ago an FV for an April 2021 with only 2 people for the same price as a C2.   The FV are according to this board suppose to become the new Sunset Suites.  I’m really hoping the renovations take place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Celebrity rep advised me yesterday that the "Revolution" for Constellation has definitely been postponed, with no new date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

My Celebrity rep advised me yesterday that the "Revolution" for Constellation has definitely been postponed, with no new date.

 

Hope they do something soon, because our cruise in late August is selling staterooms that are yet to be added during the refit.  I am referring to the three O/V on Deck 3, and I'm not sure the 7 new O/V on the port side.  Additionally, converting the FV's to aft Suites, along with the ones up forward on Deck 10.  Don't know if I listed them all.    🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

 

Hope they do something soon, because our cruise in late August is selling staterooms that are yet to be added during the refit.  I am referring to the three O/V on Deck 3, and I'm not sure the 7 new O/V on the port side.  Additionally, converting the FV's to aft Suites, along with the ones up forward on Deck 10.  Don't know if I listed them all.    🍷

 

 

I don't know but I trust this contact very much, he's been checking for me periodically and finally was advised yesterday that it wouldn't happen in May and there was no new date set.  I looked in August and the FV's are still being sold as FV's at least on the site I watch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

 

Hope they do something soon, because our cruise in late August is selling staterooms that are yet to be added during the refit.  I am referring to the three O/V on Deck 3, and I'm not sure the 7 new O/V on the port side.  Additionally, converting the FV's to aft Suites, along with the ones up forward on Deck 10.  Don't know if I listed them all.    🍷

 

They will just reaccommodate any folks affected.  Remember Equinox didn't add the big suites.  This is probably the least of their worries.

 

For those who say they booked with the expectation of an updated ship and  are expecting some sort of compensation if the ship is not revolutionized I think your best bet would be to cancel before final payment.  Compensation I'm sure will not be forthcoming.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I looked in August and the FV's are still being sold as FV's at least on the site I watch.

 

They have been selling those cabins as FV until the April 2021 TA where they then switch to Sunset Suites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

They will just reaccommodate any folks affected.  Remember Equinox didn't add the big suites.  This is probably the least of their worries.

 

For those who say they booked with the expectation of an updated ship and  are expecting some sort of compensation if the ship is not revolutionized I think your best bet would be to cancel before final payment.  Compensation I'm sure will not be forthcoming.

 

 

 

I suspected the postponement had happened when the Aqua2 room we had booked for an October Med cruise dropped by $750.00 per person yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just did an online chat.  Constellation revitalization is postponed, no future date yet available

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, schiff1997 said:

Just did an online chat.  Constellation revitalization is postponed, no future date yet available

 

 

What I said about 6 posts ago.

Edited by Gracie115

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

 

What I said about 6 posts ago.

Given the frequent inconsistency and contradiction of responses from Celebrity, isn't it nice to see the same answer two days in a row. :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

 

What I said about 6 posts ago.

Yes you did thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

For those who say they booked with the expectation of an updated ship and  are expecting some sort of compensation if the ship is not revolutionized I think your best bet would be to cancel before final payment.  Compensation I'm sure will not be forthcoming.

 

 

We booked our cruise for January 2021 in June of 2019, thinking Eclipse would be "Revolutionized" shortly before our cruise. As it turns out they postponed that months ago. Absolutely no talk of compensation of any kind. We almost cancelled, but checked things out and as it turns out we had made a very good deal between future booking on the ship and our local travel agent. So we kept the booking hoping that we will be able to do the trip by January next year. After looking into it further not being a suite passenger I'm kinda glad the refit was postponed. Being they were going to take half the Sky View Lounge for a ridiculously large suite. The only think that the "revolution" would have done for non suite passengers was the change of Cellar Masters into Craft Central; I think that would have been good, Cellar Masters was empty every time I walked by it on our cruise. If the lack of "Revolution" is a deal breaker then you should cancel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, schiff1997 said:

Just did an online chat.  Constellation revitalization is postponed, no future date yet available

 

 

Did they say anything about Infinity's refurb which is later this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on the first sailing after Revolution, May 26,  I don't understand why they haven't canceled this cruise.  There's no way anyone is going to that part of the world anytime soon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

 

We booked our cruise for January 2021 in June of 2019, thinking Eclipse would be "Revolutionized" shortly before our cruise. As it turns out they postponed that months ago. Absolutely no talk of compensation of any kind. We almost cancelled, but checked things out and as it turns out we had made a very good deal between future booking on the ship and our local travel agent. So we kept the booking hoping that we will be able to do the trip by January next year. After looking into it further not being a suite passenger I'm kinda glad the refit was postponed. Being they were going to take half the Sky View Lounge for a ridiculously large suite. The only think that the "revolution" would have done for non suite passengers was the change of Cellar Masters into Craft Central; I think that would have been good, Cellar Masters was empty every time I walked by it on our cruise. If the lack of "Revolution" is a deal breaker then you should cancel.

 

won't cancel & not expecting "compensation"  however, expect prices for suites to drop to non revolutionized ships' pricing  Edit to add:  I paid for the Retreat, which won't be happening so....

Edited by cruise kitty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

 

won't cancel & not expecting "compensation"  however, expect prices for suites to drop to non revolutionized ships' pricing 

 

That is a fair approach, we realized that as a Concierge Class passenger the "Revolution" had very little for us. Of course the whole "revolution" is much different between the Millennium class ships and the Solstice Class. 

I hope your cruise goes forward and you have a great time.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Millennium last summer, and Revolution was nice.  We're on Constellation in late August for a 9-night port-intensive cruise.  We're in the exact same OV stateroom.  Revolution or no revolution, we love the M-Class ship.   We'll be at the Oceanview Bar or the Sky Lounge or the MDR.    I just hope the cruise is a go!  🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...