Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

First, asking a Celebrity rep a question like that is only going to get you the official company answer - not reliable. The refurb was scheduled for May and has been “postponed” indefinitely at this point; unless they cancel a block of cruises in the future to accommodate the time needed.

We were going to do the b2b 2/5/21 & 2/15/21 prior to this announcement, but are certainly not going on the Constellation without it being refurbished. There were many comments about the condition it was in, and what would be done to bring it up to the refurbished Summit. 
Celebrity did a really nice job in redoing the Summit, we were on it in October & December last year, and frequently cruised on it pre refurb.

Hal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

First, asking a Celebrity rep a question like that is only going to get you the official company answer - not reliable. The refurb was scheduled for May and has been “postponed” indefinitely at this point; unless they cancel a block of cruises in the future to accommodate the time needed.

We were going to do the b2b 2/5/21 & 2/15/21 prior to this announcement, but are certainly not going on the Constellation without it being refurbished. There were many comments about the condition it was in, and what would be done to bring it up to the refurbished Summit. 
Celebrity did a really nice job in redoing the Summit, we were on it in October & December last year, and frequently cruised on it pre refurb.

Hal

The source is reliable.  Has been with Celebrity for over 15 years and I have no reason not to believe him.  I understand there hasn't been an "official" announcement so wait for it but I am certain he had accurate information. 

31 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Just last week RCC Ltd. deferred payments on Spectrum, Anthem and Reflection. I think it's safe to say that renovation expenses are very low on the list of priorities right now.

Exactly, thank you.

One main reason I booked was after reading about the updated cabins. I have been going on Rhapsody a lot out of Tampa and wanted a change. May cancel our December 2020 cruise. I will be out $50, as we booked the $25 pp deposit special a few months back. A $50 donation to Celebrity to help them out is the way I look at it.

Edited by coaster

I just spoke with my Celebrity TA last night.  She confirmed that they have put the redo for the Connie on hold, but doesn't know for how long.  According to what she has heard, Celebrity expects to be sailing her ships before December so we should be okay with our December cruise going forward.  Personally, I liked the decor before the Summit (Connie's sister ship) was revolutionized.  We sailed on the Summit a couple of months after the redo.  Granted the new beds and shower door are a plus in the cabins but not much else is improved.  I  missed the "ocean liner" atmosphere of the cabins pre-redo, now we have an "IKEA" look.  The new cabin desks have sharp corners that you can bump into as you navigate around the bed.  So many people complained that the removed the small table in the cabins, I believe they have replaced them with some type of table to make it easier to eat in your cabin.  On our cruise, we had to drag in the balcony table every time we ordered room service.  Also the new chairs around the ship "look" nice, with a nice new IKEA look, but are sorely lacking in comfort. 

5 hours ago, coaster said:

One main reason I booked was after reading about the updated cabins. I have been going on Rhapsody a lot out of Tampa and wanted a change. May cancel our December 2020 cruise. I will be out $50, as we booked the $25 pp deposit special a few months back. A $50 donation to Celebrity to help them out is the way I look at it.

Same here.  Saw what they did with the Summit and it enticed us to cruise the Constellation.  Not interested in old beat up cabins with shower curtains anymore.  Celebrity spoiled us with S class and the Edge class.  

4 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

I just spoke with my Celebrity TA last night.  She confirmed that they have put the redo for the Connie on hold, but doesn't know for how long.  According to what she has heard, Celebrity expects to be sailing her ships before December so we should be okay with our December cruise going forward.  Personally, I liked the decor before the Summit (Connie's sister ship) was revolutionized.  We sailed on the Summit a couple of months after the redo.  Granted the new beds and shower door are a plus in the cabins but not much else is improved.  I  missed the "ocean liner" atmosphere of the cabins pre-redo, now we have an "IKEA" look.  The new cabin desks have sharp corners that you can bump into as you navigate around the bed.  So many people complained that the removed the small table in the cabins, I believe they have replaced them with some type of table to make it easier to eat in your cabin.  On our cruise, we had to drag in the balcony table every time we ordered room service.  Also the new chairs around the ship "look" nice, with a nice new IKEA look, but are sorely lacking in comfort. 

I called Celebrity twice today asking about the re-fit.

First answer:  "The re-fit is still planned, however that is subject to change!"

Second answer: "It has been postponed and we don't have a date when it will go ahead"

I don't expect this will happen as scheduled, however It would be appreciated if Celebrity had all their agents singing from the same song sheet!

Having been on the newly revolutionized Millennium March 2019, I agree some of the seating around the ship lacks comfort and our other complaint was no table in the stateroom, leaving nowhere to put the large trays at breakfast etc

We did ask for one, but no joy.

Apart from that, the ship was beautiful and a delight to be on with everything brand new and fresh. 

It doesn't seem important atm given the mess our world is in, however, I would be very reluctant to sail on the Constellation in October without the re-fit.

We were on it a few years back and loved it, but it was starting to look a bit shabby.

I am aware that the cruise will probably not happen anyhow.

Celebrity once sailing will not likely take Constellation out of service for a refit.  First they will not want to spend the limited cash they have available.  Second they will not want to lose the revenue opportunity by removing Constellation from active service even for a few weeks. I am totally guessing but perhaps no further refits until 2022??

18 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Celebrity once sailing will not likely take Constellation out of service for a refit.  First they will not want to spend the limited cash they have available.  Second they will not want to lose the revenue opportunity by removing Constellation from active service even for a few weeks. I am totally guessing but perhaps no further refits until 2022??

I agree.  The lack of cash is an existential threat.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, chivas1 said:

Hello, anybody know for sure this will go trough?

If I were a betting man, I would say no.  With all the refunds from cancelled cruises, this will probably be put off for another time.  🍷

President Macron of France has suggested that the Schengin borders remain shut until at least September, so that tourism doesn’t bring another peak of the virus.

Contractors need to fly into Cadiz, which they will be unable to do, if flights from other countries are not allowed to land.

European countries have closed borders with each other. I dont expect them to close any sooner then by the end of Autumn. I also doubt they anyone will be allowed from the outside. So ports and docks will be closed as well. I mean, cruising has not always been about entering a foreign country. Cruising is about conquering seas, am I wrong? I prefer sailing more than leaving the ship during my cruises 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

It's not going to happen, was advised by Celebrity that Connie's and all X ships scheduled for this year have been "postponed" with no future date selected.

Are you saying that this cruise from Venice to Barcelona and TA to Tampa aren't going to happen in Oct. 2020?

24 minutes ago, pip43 said:

Are you saying that this cruise from Venice to Barcelona and TA to Tampa aren't going to happen in Oct. 2020?

I think the person was referring to the refurbishments but no guarantee the cruises will happen either. 

14 hours ago, pip43 said:

No not saying that, just that the Revolution for Connie and other X ships have been postponed with no new dates scheduled.

On 4/13/2020 at 6:00 PM, HS2BS said:

Hal

We also must remember that two years ago the "M" class ships were on the block to be sold.  Two have since gone through service life extensions / refurbishment.  Do the same with the remaining two (Connie and Infinity) may become a financial reach too far following the shutdown.  Shedding these two ships from X is likely under consideration by RCCL along with deferred payments and a significantly slower new build program.

59 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

We also must remember that two years ago the "M" class ships were on the block to be sold.  Two have since gone through service life extensions / refurbishment.  Do the same with the remaining two (Connie and Infinity) may become a financial reach too far following the shutdown.  Shedding these two ships from X is likely under consideration by RCCL along with deferred payments and a significantly slower new build program.

Agree that if RCCL decides by necessity to sell ships to survive, they will probably sell the non-renovated Celebrity M-Class ships first.  But they also have a bunch of older ships to sell in their RC line as well.  Who will buy all these excess older ships in a post-pandemic economy that no longer supports the previous enthusiasm for cruise vacations?  

• Like 1