Can you upgrade NCL airfare offer?

TimbersfanOR

I believe once you have the reservation number for the flights you should be able to go to the airline website, pick your seats and pay whatever upgrade costs might be associated with those seats.

You can definitely pick seats, I was able to.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

NCL books your airfare but not your seats. You can upgrade your seats as per the policy of the selected airline. This is listed in the T&Cs or FAQs for the program. 

Last summer on United friends paid for the upgrade to Premium Economy. I had status with United so we were automatically offered Premium Economy seats to select from as complimentary upgrades. I booked seats live with an agent. 

7 hours ago, TimbersfanOR said:

My wife and I are traveling on NCL later this year (until it’s cancelled) and our booking includes reduced airfare through NCL.  Does anyone know if we can pay the difference to upgrade to economy plus?

We were able to on Delta.  Now that said, I don't know if we will get our money back of the cruise gets cancelled.

33 minutes ago, smileyjannie said:

We were able to on Delta.  Now that said, I don't know if we will get our money back of the cruise gets cancelled.

Delta has a pretty lenient policy at the moment. You can probably get it as a Delta credit depending on the timeline. 

• Like 1

On our (cancelled) cruise we were supposed to take in March, we bought the NCL air--$149 RT to Tahiti and back from Hawaii!

A few weeks later NCL sent emails offering upgrades; lt was $249pp for premium economy and $499 for

business for just the LA to Tahiti portion.  I seem to remember that there was an earlier offer that was higher.  

2 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

On our (cancelled) cruise we were supposed to take in March, we bought the NCL air--$149 RT to Tahiti and back from Hawaii!

A few weeks later NCL sent emails offering upgrades; lt was $249pp for premium economy and $499 for

business for just the LA to Tahiti portion.  I seem to remember that there was an earlier offer that was higher.  

In this particular instance, it was a chartered flight, so NCL handled the upgrade for the charter portion.

Normally you would upgrade through the airline once the flight is actually ticketed - you can pick your seats, upgrade, pay luggage fees. I've upgraded before, usually just to get additional legroom.  In that case, the upgrade also included the checked luggage fees, so the upgrade wasn't much of an additional cost, so it definitely pays to check.  Also, the upgrade fees seem to change the closer to your flight day (went down for me) but of course if you wait, there are no guarantees.

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

In this particular instance, it was a chartered flight, so NCL handled the upgrade for the charter portion.

Normally you would upgrade through the airline once the flight is actually ticketed - you can pick your seats, upgrade, pay luggage fees. I've upgraded before, usually just to get additional legroom.  In that case, the upgrade also included the checked luggage fees, so the upgrade wasn't much of an additional cost, so it definitely pays to check.  Also, the upgrade fees seem to change the closer to your flight day (went down for me) but of course if you wait, there are no guarantees.

Very true, that was a chartered flight.  We have upgraded before, using Princess air, on our own after the flights were ticketed.  I am sure it would be the same with NCL.