Jump to content

Can you upgrade NCL airfare offer?


Recommended Posts

My wife and I are traveling on NCL later this year (until it’s cancelled) and our booking includes reduced airfare through NCL.  Does anyone know if we can pay the difference to upgrade to economy plus?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe once you have the reservation number for the flights you should be able to go to the airline website, pick your seats and pay whatever upgrade costs might be associated with those seats.

 

You can definitely pick seats, I was able to.

Edited by hallux
Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly what hallux has stated.  Once you've got the info for your flights you can contact the airline and upgrade to whatever you want.  I had done this for my flight which would have been today 😢 Oh well... life goes on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add that you can also pre-pay for baggage if the airline charges for such and allows you to do that.  I believe I did that for my cruise in October.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NCL books your airfare but not your seats. You can upgrade your seats as per the policy of the selected airline. This is listed in the T&Cs or FAQs for the program. 

 

Last summer on United friends paid for the upgrade to Premium Economy. I had status with United so we were automatically offered Premium Economy seats to select from as complimentary upgrades. I booked seats live with an agent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TimbersfanOR said:

My wife and I are traveling on NCL later this year (until it’s cancelled) and our booking includes reduced airfare through NCL.  Does anyone know if we can pay the difference to upgrade to economy plus?

We were able to on Delta.  Now that said, I don't know if we will get our money back of the cruise gets cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, smileyjannie said:

We were able to on Delta.  Now that said, I don't know if we will get our money back of the cruise gets cancelled.

Delta has a pretty lenient policy at the moment. You can probably get it as a Delta credit depending on the timeline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On our (cancelled) cruise we were supposed to take in March, we bought the NCL air--$149 RT to Tahiti and back from Hawaii!

 

A few weeks later NCL sent emails offering upgrades; lt was $249pp for premium economy and $499 for

business for just the LA to Tahiti portion.  I seem to remember that there was an earlier offer that was higher.  

 

  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

On our (cancelled) cruise we were supposed to take in March, we bought the NCL air--$149 RT to Tahiti and back from Hawaii!

 

A few weeks later NCL sent emails offering upgrades; lt was $249pp for premium economy and $499 for

business for just the LA to Tahiti portion.  I seem to remember that there was an earlier offer that was higher.  

 

In this particular instance, it was a chartered flight, so NCL handled the upgrade for the charter portion.

Normally you would upgrade through the airline once the flight is actually ticketed - you can pick your seats, upgrade, pay luggage fees. I've upgraded before, usually just to get additional legroom.  In that case, the upgrade also included the checked luggage fees, so the upgrade wasn't much of an additional cost, so it definitely pays to check.  Also, the upgrade fees seem to change the closer to your flight day (went down for me) but of course if you wait, there are no guarantees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, julig22 said:

In this particular instance, it was a chartered flight, so NCL handled the upgrade for the charter portion.

Normally you would upgrade through the airline once the flight is actually ticketed - you can pick your seats, upgrade, pay luggage fees. I've upgraded before, usually just to get additional legroom.  In that case, the upgrade also included the checked luggage fees, so the upgrade wasn't much of an additional cost, so it definitely pays to check.  Also, the upgrade fees seem to change the closer to your flight day (went down for me) but of course if you wait, there are no guarantees.

Very true, that was a chartered flight.  We have upgraded before, using Princess air, on our own after the flights were ticketed.  I am sure it would be the same with NCL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...