Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
MississippiMom

New Orleans Departures in Summer 2020

Our travel rep recommended that we “keep an eye on” the Covid-19 crisis in New Orleans, because the cruise port there might be required to remain closed for longer.  

Has anyone out there heard any rumors or (better) truths on limits to travel in/out of New Orleans at this time?  We are fully expecting our June 2020 cruise to wind up canceled, but sure would like to know sooner than later.

At this point it would be pure speculation.  No one knows, not even the cruise lines.

3 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

Our travel rep recommended that we “keep an eye on” the Covid-19 crisis in New Orleans, because the cruise port there might be required to remain closed for longer.  

Has anyone out there heard any rumors or (better) truths on limits to travel in/out of New Orleans at this time?  We are fully expecting our June 2020 cruise to wind up canceled, but sure would like to know sooner than later.

My guess is that there wont be any cruises anywhere in June.  

I would guess the next round of announcements from Royal will be in 4 weeks

Posted (edited)

MississippiMom: I am here just outside of New Orleans. The Governor has issued a stay at home "order". No travel restrictions that I saw driving through and around New Orleans a couple days ago. No restaurants open for dine in, only for take out. No vehicle traffic restrictions I have heard of anywhere in south Louisiana.

Heard Florida is supposed to start stopping cars from Louisiana from entering on I-10 at the Alabama/ Fla state line, not sure when or if that is even possible or legal.....who knows????

Edited by L454S

I am suppose to go to a conference to be held at the Morial Convention Center in early June.  I'm expecting that to be cancelled.