Jump to content

Queen Elizabeth Circumnavigation of Australia


 Share

Recommended Posts

I guess Cunard will make a call sooner or later, what is the issue, waiting on a refund or are they still selling it? Carnival cancelled our cruise next week, they say up to 8 weeks for our refund, guess our money, that they had had for a few months already, is in the short term money market keeping them afloat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect many cruise lines are just spreading the load of cancellations so they don't have to refund too much all at one time. We're still waiting for the official cancellation of our May Europe cruise with Crystal. It's frustrating from our perspective, especially as they are saying up to 90 days for the refund to be processed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read an article yesterday in the Independent (UK) that as a package it is still being sold in UK. The journalist did a successful test booking, as reported.  It was suggested that by keeping the package open, some would cancel voluntarily and in that case would get FCC and not a full refund. With the severe UK and Australian travel restrictions, there would be no chance of the cruise or flight going ahead.

Edited by megsie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, megsie said:

I read an article yesterday in the Independent (UK) that as a package it is still being sold in UK. The journalist did a successful test booking, as reported.  It was suggested that by keeping the package open, some would cancel voluntarily and in that case would get FCC and not a full refund. With the severe UK and Australian travel restrictions, there would be no chance of the cruise or flight going ahead.

It has since been taken down from sale. Probably got a few enquiries after that article! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, GUT2407 said:

I guess Cunard will make a call sooner or later, what is the issue, waiting on a refund or are they still selling it? Carnival cancelled our cruise next week, they say up to 8 weeks for our refund, guess our money, that they had had for a few months already, is in the short term money market keeping them afloat.

How did it get to this stage where we allow cruise lines to demand big deposits so far in advance.  Eg HAL World Cruise 2023.

You wouldn't put a huge deposit on a new car which hasn't been released yet.  $100 would demonstrate your interest in buying the car once available for sale. 

To add insult to injury, they then take far too long to give you your own money back when they don't supply the product.

Cruiselines have been a law unto themselves for far too long.

I just heard one management figure state that their ship should be able to stay in Australian waters because Sydney is really their base because they cruise from Sydney for 6 months of year.  No matter that the ships are registered in Bermuda.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

How did it get to this stage where we allow cruise lines to demand big deposits so far in advance.  Eg HAL World Cruise 2023.

You wouldn't put a huge deposit on a new car which hasn't been released yet.  $100 would demonstrate your interest in buying the car once available for sale. 

To add insult to injury, they then take far too long to give you your own money back when they don't supply the product.

Cruiselines have been a law unto themselves for far too long.

I just heard one management figure state that their ship should be able to stay in Australian waters because Sydney is really their base because they cruise from Sydney for 6 months of year.  No matter that the ships are registered in Bermuda.

There is a plan now in place for getting the ships to return. Armed services involved in testing, treating, then repatriation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...