A light at the end of this virus tunnel?

I sincerely doubt that. Probably just fishing for some ticket sales and reservations. I imagine that tickets would not be refundable but more like a FCC. Five people with the virus go to the park and the nation would be a ground zero again.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TinkBellaMom said:

I am aware that things change, that’s life.  I was just reporting some positive news.

Anything positive is a good thing. I'm still hoping we can whip this virus out in a couple months, but who knows. Anyway, I still have a couple cruises booked this year, starting in late July, so I'll stay positive with you. 🙂 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, John Reid said:

I sincerely doubt that. Probably just fishing for some ticket sales and reservations. I imagine that tickets would not be refundable but more like a FCC. Five people with the virus go to the park and the nation would be a ground zero again.

No fishing for anything, I had reservations in April, got all my money back.  Made new reservations which are also refundable.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Just  received word from Disney that the parks will resume operations on June 1st.

i know this won’t matter to some, but I see it as a positive move.

It's just a date and it may positive, but we need the number of infections go down. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Just  received word from Disney that the parks will resume operations on June 1st.

That date isn't posted on either the Disney site or the Disney boards.  Too late for us even if true.

9 minutes ago, LeeW said:

That date isn't posted on either the Disney site or the Disney boards.  Too late for us even if true.

Well, that date technically isn’t set in stone. They just removed inventory from their reservation platforms for any date prior to June 1. As of now, the Walt Disney World Resort still has operations suspended “until further notice.”

• Like 1

My son was scheduled to graduate college on June 6th in Orlando.  He received notification that the ceremony was canceled and they refunded him for his cap and gown. Disney may be planning on opening but things change daily. We are just living day to day now. 

The old man rocks among his dreams, a prisoner of the porch

The light he said at the end of the tunnel

Was nothing but a burglar's torch

And them that was caught in the cover are all rich and free

But they chained my mind to an endless tune

When they took my only son from me

I know it's true, oh so true, cause I saw it on t.v.

John Fogerty 

11 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Unless Mickey Mouse plans to have a vaccine in place by June 1st there is minimal chance that any theme park will open by that or any other date this Summer or Autumn (Fall).

6 hours ago, LeeW said:

Actually it is posted on Disboards and being discussed extensively.  We have reservations for a vacation in April, we have been waiting to reschedule and not been able to do that.  I spent 2+ hours on hold with Disney to reschedule.  The Disney app, which has all our personal plans on it, now gives instructions for rescheduling after June 1st.  I would not lie about this, jeesh.

• Like 3

I have seen the June 1st date batted around on the Disboards, but even there, many people still think that date is just something Disney put out for now as an estimate.  Disney has to plan for the next wave of college and international cast members so they needed a date to give them.  Plus, if by rare chance there is a possibility that this clears up by then, they need to be prepared.  

OP, I know you are looking at this as a positive, but I would not put to much stock into when a business is currently predicting to be opening up.  Many are just hedging their bets.  They need people to keep making reservations for added revenue that they can then hold and get interest until then need to cancel.  This is one reason many restaurants have been sending out emails and putting it on their website to purchase gift cards.  This is revenue that they can use now that will be redeemed later.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. April is supposed to be worse than March and May worse than April. Can't see them whipping the doors open in June.

This is not going to end quickly. 

7 minutes ago, smakl said:

@nbsjcruiser Actually we are supposed to peak in mid to early April (at least here near Chicago) so hopefully May will be better.

Problem is there are going to be multiple peaks all over the US. Cuomo says April will be worse and May worse again in NY state. Some states might be ahead of them, many will be behind and suffer their peak later in the year. 

• Like 1

OP

I am amazed how many armchair Pandemic Pundits love to give their two cents and run you down for your post.

I appreciate you posting it and whether it is June 1 or not, thank you for your post. I appreciate the light you are throwing.

• Like 15

22 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

How?  From whom?

• Like 1

I have a ten day trip with my family scheduled starting June 1 at Disney.  I was going to postpone until October now I don't know what to do if this is true.  I have prepaid my condo (non refundable) and bought trip insurance before this entire debacle started over six months  ago.

46 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

OP

I am amazed how many armchair Pandemic Pundits love to give their two cents and run you down for your post.

I appreciate you posting it and whether it is June 1 or not, thank you for your post. I appreciate the light you are throwing.

Exactly.  Only the man above knows how this is going to play out.  All the options posted are nothing more than speculation.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

OP

+1

• Like 2